8 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SAYAY

That's really lovely and very kind.
Let us know when you get it confirmed they delivered the bouquet of flowers!
Will absolutely do!

I can also add that in the Facebook group where we did this, it has also become a tradition for the last couple of years to crowdfund flowers to the person/group who ends up becoming Norways representative which is usually given before the semi final in eurovision. I dont quite remember exactly when it became a tradition since I have not been able to donate every single time. The earliest I can fully remember is when we did it for TIX, but I am pretty sure we also did it with Rybak, Keiino and even Ulrikke although she never actually had the chance to go to Eurovision. And at this years launch all the artist + the hosts all got a pink balloon as well which also was a result of crowdfunding. The reason why we wanted to give a little extra to Erika this time around was to hopefully help lighten her spirits and since some comments about her song and performance clearly really weighed her down. xrose Artists are just human too after all and everyone has their strugglesxheart

I bims

Veteran
Will absolutely do!

I can also add that in the Facebook group where we did this, it has also become a tradition for the last couple of years to crowdfund flowers to the person/group who ends up becoming Norways representative which is usually given before the semi final in eurovision. I dont quite remember exactly when it became a tradition since I have not been able to donate every single time. The earliest I can fully remember is when we did it for TIX, but I am pretty sure we also did it with Rybak, Keiino and even Ulrikke although she never actually had the chance to go to Eurovision. And at this years launch all the artist + the hosts all got a pink balloon as well which also was a result of crowdfunding. The reason why we wanted to give a little extra to Erika this time around was to hopefully help lighten her spirits and since some comments about her song and performance clearly really weighed her down. xrose Artists are just human too after all and everyone has their strugglesxheart
That's so lovely!

Mainshow

Veteran
Wow - that was really quick! It's amazing that you brighten up her day like that!
Thanks for sharing the video!

theditz83

Veteran
Bless her - and well done guys for really brightening Erika's mood and turning an anxious and stressful situation into a positive memory for her.

In other news KEiiNO have heard all the people complaining about the genre of Damdiggida and given you an alternative live version... Quite clearly not needed, but enjoy I guess...

rasmuslights

Veteran
Eurovision Norway poll on Facebook results (2132 votes):
1. Gate with 33 %
2. Gothminister with 31 %
3. Dag Erik og Anne 18 %
4. Erika Norwich 7 %
5. Margaret Berger 7 %
6. Ingrid Jasmin 4 %

The demographic is rather "boomer" like though. I think right now Gate is a clear winner because Gothminister is not exactly an established name and also out of these entries it's the most likely to finish last with the juries. I can't see any of these entries except for maybe MY AI finishing below him.

Mainshow

Veteran
+ I also took part in that poll (and other fans I know, e.g. someone from Australia).
:D

SAYAY

I never realized how similar norwegian is to german, I understood many parts of the letter she showed.
It was very lovely ❤ So cool that she received it so quickly
It does have some similarities yes! For me it's kinda the same with German. I did actually have German in school of 3 years so I kinda already have that advantage, but we also missed out on a bunch of the basics because we did not have a qualified teacher in German class for like several months so at the same time I dont have any advantage at all :ROFLMAO: I can of course understand and speak a few basic sentences, but I dont know the language really well. But whenever I have watched something that has been in German, then there are some words that I can deduce what means because we have similar sayings or words it in norwegian. But it makes perfect sense when you think about it since German and norwegian is on the same branch of the language tree xcheerxrose

SAYAY

Please send help. This morning I woke up humming My AI.
I actually have too, so maybe its time I yield and put away my 90s dance music dislike admit that there might be something about this after all :ROFLMAO:

But I think that it's great that this song can give people some happiness in the every day life though. I prefer Gåte or Gothminister all the way, but we all need a dose of happiness when life isn't always great and if this entry and Erikas little universe in general does, then she has already in many ways won. Not necessarily talking about actually winning as in winning MGPl, but in other ways if it gives people that kind of emotional reaction. :giggle:

Datura

i think gate may be a good selection. it's personally not exactly my cup of tea but i think genre-wise it would stick out (i expect a lot of "trashier" 90s-inspired dancier songs but this would be (at least) something unique and it seems it has a lot of fans aswell

theditz83

Veteran
I actually have too, so maybe its time I yield and put away my 90s dance music dislike admit that there might be something about this after all :ROFLMAO:

But I think that it's great that this song can give people some happiness in the every day life though. I prefer Gåte or Gothminister all the way, but we all need a dose of happiness when life isn't always great and if this entry and Erikas little universe in general does, then she has already in many ways won. Not necessarily talking about actually winning as in winning MGPl, but in other ways if it gives people that kind of emotional reaction. :giggle:
You've basically explained why pretty much all of my 40 years on this planet (or at least for as long as I can remember) I've gravitated towards happy, upbeat dance music. The escape it provides and the joy I feel from just a few of those songs can always ease the worst of my worries or stress.

Do I care that people think it's throwaway or generic - not a single bit. Because it makes me happy, and that's all that matters when it comes to music for us all. We feel better for listening to it xup

jatojo

But maybe a competition like that isn't the right place for her right now.
I agree. Having mental problems + performing badly under pressure + having a hard time coping with criticism. That's not a good combination when you're in a (song) contest.

SAYAY

You've basically explained why pretty much all of my 40 years on this planet (or at least for as long as I can remember) I've gravitated towards happy, upbeat dance music. The escape it provides and the joy I feel from just a few of those songs can always ease the worst of my worries or stress.

Do I care that people think it's throwaway or generic - not a single bit. Because it makes me happy, and that's all that matters when it comes to music for us all. We feel better for listening to it xup

As long as you and others enjoy it, then that's what matters, not what others think, or what I think. ;) Its not like I have never liked things that other people does not necessarily understand or even frown upon, but I didn't care as long as it gave me joy:giggle:

sigi

This slection is to good for only one country. I can't believe that Mileo and Farida are out :(

• Fuego
Reactions: Neo
Top Bottom