ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

JenJen94

Oh gee yeah....how gutting for that off-day/show to be the jury final really-just a very tired voice....it's not bad but not terrible either imo

theditz83

Veteran
Is it just me that finds the whistle note more in-tune on the jury show performance than on the actual final?

Also, why is this video below such a mood? Amount of times I've wanted to just start stomping down the street screaming endlessly at everyone :lol:

hawadharma

OMG why did I just discovered Freya xshock
And how can it not win MGP xshock

Mainshow

Veteran
I stopped listening to it after the first chorus.
It sounds trashy without the "Eurovision-esque" factor which made "Queen Of Kings" so special.

jatojo

From the main show, the viewer got the impression that she was live singing the intro part, right?

I bims

Veteran
OMG why did I just discovered Freya xshock
And how can it not win MGP xshock
The live performance was bad...

Her new song is the most generic thing I have consumed since MESC

That's what I thought as well. She really lacks a point of view. Like even basic pop girlies need a direction, a vision what kind of pop girl they want to be. And she hasn't figured that out yet, at all. The visuals for Queen of Kings was all over the place as well.

aeon

That's what I thought as well. She really lacks a point of view. Like even basic pop girlies need a direction, a vision what kind of pop girl they want to be. And she hasn't figured that out yet, at all. The visuals for Queen of Kings was all over the place as well.

She is only 20 and will mature with age. It will depend on the people that manage her. In interview with ESC Kompakt she said the music she likes is Abba, Elvis Presley, Rod Stewart, Aretha Franklin and other songs of that time.
Going on European tour next year apparently some concerts almost sold out, so she does have a big following.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
I quickly browsed through this thread but am not sure if this fun & memorable moment has
been posted before, anyway here it is, a small tribute from iconic KEiiNO to Alessandra xdance2

aeon

Love Keiino, no one was robbed more by juries, they will be my winners forever.
The sami guy almost doubled in size.

Paco Roca

I assume that "Queen of Kings" I do not like. The song and Alessandra's voice are pleasant only at first listening but then, having lost the sense of novelty, the first proves to be banal and the second immature. I spread a pitiful veil over the music video. I waste a few lines on the performance of the main event: Alessandra was energetic, she tried to do her best but the magic of the MGP had disappeared.

"Queen of Kings" oozes "Old Eurovision Song Contest" from every pore. It's the kind of exaggerated sounding songs with kitschy dressing and staging that everyone expects from the European contest. It is not wrong to follow this path but to abuse it yes. Norway from KEiiNO to TiX via Subwoolfer to conclude its road with Alessandra was a series of "masquerade balls". At least it can be said that the first three compared to Alessandra have managed to fix themselves more in the collective imagination: KEiiNO for the epicity, TiX probably with the "best song" and the story of her tearjerker, Subwoolfer for the originality. What I appreciate about Norway is that she has always strived to be original by trying to bring different shows, each with its own "soul". Nonetheless I can cite the appreciable attempt to mix one's own culture with the songs (although it is a little too anchored, in KEiiNO and Alessandra, to the concept of Norse mythology).

Fifth place is undeserved or, if we really want to consider it deserved, it is a result of a very weak edition (weaker than 2022).

Overall my 2023 rating is a 6. I recognize the effort but the limits are clear.

HayashiM

Veteran
I quickly browsed through this thread but am not sure if this fun & memorable moment has
been posted before, anyway here it is, a small tribute from iconic KEiiNO to Alessandra xdance2

That's funny, since February I thought I'd like the song even better if it was sung by Alexandra :D what a nice surprise!

jatojo

I am disappointed to see Alessandra doing live shows with autotune and a lot of pre-recorded vocals. Makes me think she can never become a really good singer.

Top Bottom