Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
To be honest, I like both of them, but here's my two cents on it.

TIX's entry is that typical radio-ballad that might have success in the American or worldwide markets. It does not mean it's a masterpiece, it's late 90's-sounding and lyrically not that appealing, but it would find success commercially (I mean... just see what Billboard Hot 100 has served us in the past months. Lyrically questionable songs, with your average production, but still hit the charts anyway) and would have a bigger appeal to the juries, not considering anything about his outfit choices. I just don't understand the sudden hate he got when he's not in charge of his victory. Best luck to TIX, if he's the one Norway picks, then I need to support him as part of Eurovision.

KeiiNO's, on the other hand, is a very live-oriented entry. You can feel a lot of energy given in the performance here and there are a lot of vocal showcase offered by Alexandra and Fred. It is a slight evolution from their 2019 entry. However, that's the problem: I've seen what they are capable of, and I don't see too much of a difference with Spirit in the Sky. Sure, it is exciting for majority Eurofans to have another "Spirit in the Sky", but I don't think I would do the same. They still need several years to refine their brand, establish and diversify.

EDIT: I have to change the first sentence. It feels like I'm underestimating the artworks these artists have given us.

Looren

Veteran
Honestly I first was scared when I heard that he'll switch the song in English because I loved the Norvegian version

But this is golden, in English I felt so much emotions, thank you Tix and great job Norway

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

crashworld

Veteran
Someone on Popjustice commented that "Fallen Angel" sounds like Hoobastank's "The Reason" and I totally see the similar sounds. "The Reason" was huge back in the early 2000s, so perhaps "Fallen Angel" may appeal to the people who have lived in that era?

And with TIX winning, he will stand out for sure in second-half of semi 1. Every country is represented by a female artist/female-led band. He is the only male singer. I wonder if that will give him a certain advantage.

Last edited:

Yazy

Honestly..............

I find this strangely amusing - in a good way!

The song itself sounds pretty nostalgic.

It kinda gives me the vibes of these types of songs that would play in AMV videos for whatever movie/anime/video game that you would find on YouTube back in 2008/2009/2010 and such.
This is something I could even listen on some rare occasions if I´m in that type of mood (not on repeat though - I can only take so much of the cheese).

That being said, I´m not sure if this type of song would actually make an impact in modern eurovision if this were just a radio contest.

Hence why I feel that this over the top staging was INDEED necessary.

And finally....

Say what you will, but among the herd of entries that are trying to appeal to the universal and current scene by being modest, correct and minimalistic - this thing right here will stick out like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Don´t quote me on this but I think that Mr. Gangsta Angel over here will achieve the same impact................

.................as this creature right here

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30402-1369059941-13.gif

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
The true miracle is, that you prefer a single man singing over a group where there is at least ONE woman. :lol:

I care about REAL MUSIC, something that KEiiNO can never achieve to create. Not that this means that I'm gonna support Tix in ESC now, but I just needed him to kill their chances of winning the NF.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Don´t quote me on this but I think that Mr. Gangsta Angel over here will achieve the same impact................

.................as this creature right here

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30402-1369059941-13.gif

Excuse me?

Oh I WILL quote you on this, how dare you compare TIX with a legend such as Cezar, not in a million years he'd deliver a performance of such a caliber. xheat

With this impressive roster of songs which is among the strongest national finals this season, Norway choose the short-term trend of the week?

Even if the ridiculous show might give the attention needed for qualification in May, the composition so muddled and bland that it's hard to recognize the song as something other than a copy of a copy. Norway can do better and has been much better in the past, but tonight they voted with thoughtless impulsivity instead of carefully vote with Norwegian spirit.

:4:

• Like It
Reactions: Neo

Sammy

Veteran
I care about REAL MUSIC, something that KEiiNO can never achieve to create. Not that this means that I'm gonna support Tix in ESC now, but I just needed him to kill their chances of winning the NF.
so no wonder on this side... I admit, I'm slightly disappointed now. :lol:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
so no wonder on this side... I admit, I'm slightly disappointed now. :lol:

Anyway, this result is certainly not a surprise for me either. Tix is exactly the kind of act that the Norwegians tend to go for.

toinou03

Shouldn't Ibiyou disqualify anything that got wings on the back ? I just can't :ROFLMAO:
BTW, major, impressive pile of crap. I really wonder how that organized selection could end up with a tacky angel singing a Boyzone filler... xfacepalm

Top Bottom