1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canuck

Re: New Acadia: A quick thank you :)

New Acadia 101
Tb3zVgU.png

Borgore & Dudu Tassa - Wayak
Off to Israel we go. This song features Arabic, making it the 9th language to ever be featured in a New Acadian song.
Thank you for the past 49 editions of NSC everybody. It's great to know you all even if only though MSN convos and this game. I've always been moving around a lot since I've joined you guys 3 1/2 years ago, which makes my life pretty hectic, but I love having the fact that NSC and it's participants are always a constant. :)

takeru

Re: New Acadia 101: Our 50th entry revealed

Norm, your entry last edition in conjunction with my recent travels in Siberia has sent me on a whirlwind tour (through youtube) of all sorts of weird Mongolian/Siberian/central-Asian music AND I FRIGGIN LOVE IT! I'm still deciding, but I'm hoping my 101 entry will reflect something Russian/Siberian, and in turn it seems likely to draw inspiration from 'Tsast Tsagaan Kharkiraa' :D So just thought I'd express some kudos to you for finding that fantastic song and reaching the top 6 (soooo well deserved), inspiring further discoveries from this awesome culture; THIS is what NSC is all about xheart

Oh, and and congrats on your 50th entry!! Always a landmark achievement xcheer

Canuck

Norm, your entry last edition in conjunction with my recent travels in Siberia has sent me on a whirlwind tour (through youtube) of all sorts of weird Mongolian/Siberian/central-Asian music AND I FRIGGIN LOVE IT! I'm still deciding, but I'm hoping my 101 entry will reflect something Russian/Siberian, and in turn it seems likely to draw inspiration from 'Tsast Tsagaan Kharkiraa' :D So just thought I'd express some kudos to you for finding that fantastic song and reaching the top 6 (soooo well deserved), inspiring further discoveries from this awesome culture; THIS is what NSC is all about xheart

Oh, and and congrats on your 50th entry!! Always a landmark achievement xcheer

Thanks for the kind words, Nati! Finding a similar entry from such an vast expanse of land as Siberia and Mongolia is much harder than one would expect, especially since it's such an isolated culture in which so much is yet to be discovered. I'm sure you've already checked these guys out, but I suggest also Huun-Huur Tu (NAC 79) which has given me lots of inspiration for some of my more recent entries and music finds.

NAC 79: Huun-Huur Tu & Carmen Rizzo - Ancestor's Call 20th place/semi - 47 points

takeru

Oh yes, I remember that now! Huun-Huur Tu certainly did turn up and I knew it rang a bell from somewhere... Can't recall how many points I gave but quite a lot I hope :oops: I also sent a Mongolian entry round then (NSC 78 I think); it was a pretty standard pop song though... As it happens, my NSC plans are now to send Siberian/Mongol songs for like the next five editions (I'm turning into Liberatoria :eek: ) So that's kinda your doing :lol: 101 is just Russian in the end though and pretty normal (a tribute to the region), but the others get cooler and weirder xP I should probs update my own thread at some point with this info rather than spamming yours xD

Canuck

Thanks for the great result guys! 11th place is pretty good for an Arabic/dubstep song :)

Next entry will be reminiscent of the old New Acadia and we will probably be taking a break from our international journey unless things change :) Entry to be revealed later in the week... Nothing is confirmed yet as I'm still juggling through quite a few entries.

In the past 8 editions, New Acadia has visited 9 different countries to find entries (one edition was half Swedish, half French), and . Stay tuned for New Acadian 50th anniversary voting statistics and a 50 edition recap if I have the time ;)

Canuck

Re: The New Acadian Thread.

Well it's been a while (since NSC 79 to be exact) since I've held a proper national final.

But it's back :)

The three songs are...

and a wildcard...

Please vote for your favourite song at the top of the thread ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Tack :)

Canuck

Re: New Acadia 102: Sir Sly - Gold

Well it's time for the next edition of NSC, and thank you for such a great placing with Sir Sly! 171 is the second highest score I've ever gotten in the contest (after La Goutte's score of 187)

Here is our next entry.

New Acadia 103
Tb3zVgU.png

Turan - Er Turan

Top Bottom