1 33.3%
  • 'Dombıra'

1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

No Name

Re: New Acadia - NSC 60 - NF Winner Inside

Super winner!

Looking forward to welcome Hadouken on their promo-tour in Zoidiac. The population of Ytstilajdzkf are looking forward to watch Hadouken live.

Also the cavemen living outside the dominating capital in the Zoidician wasteland (commonly recognized as "the lost part of the country") have been heard shouting words sounding like "Hadouken".

Last edited:

Liam

Amazing winner :cool: It grew on me a lot :D

The Kostanovian people are so desperate to have Hadouken here they are willing to fund their promo tour within the country with flights, accomodation and food etc. :D

Canuck

Re: New Acadia - NSC 60 - NF Final!

So it's quite clear that the song by Hadouken! has won, and thus, is who we are sending.

But, surprise, the music video is changing. This one is much more memorable, thus better. Seriously. As the video name says, people are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0Cazxj_yc&feature=player_embedded

Good luck all, and good luck Hadouken!

Just bumping this to the last page.

Today, Hadouken! spent no time starting their promo tour in Zoidiac, and put on a lively show in the capital, Ytstilajdzkf, featuring lots of Hadouken's biggest fans:

It's rumoured that they will also be putting on a show tomorrow outside of the capital, and may be heading to Kostanovia for a surprise show after finishing their week-long tour in Zoidiac.

Last edited:

takeru

Well, as my earlier votes indicated, my preference overall was for Sunshine Underground, so I regret that I didn't vote in the final round :oops:
BUT
As my earlier comments indicated, all the songs in this NF were great :mrgreen: Including Mecha Love, so this is still a great winner and a great song! Good luck new Acadia! xcheer

Canuck

So, I decided that all the songs I wanted to send to the NSC NF 10 competition were taken, so I did some extra hard searching and found probably the lulziest song to ever try to represent a country in Eurovision. It was close between this song and Just Elly - My Song (which also participated in the same country's NF), which is equally as funny but lacks this guy's enthusiam.

Ladies and gentlemen, coming from Bulgaria, Georgi Varbanov, with Europe is my Home!

And here is an (attempted) translation of the song (YES, he is speaking English, lolol)

1st verse:
Chase the rising sun over the round mountain
Goes to waste away, cross the boarding steps
Dance each other and waltz with glass of champagne
And goes down in the ocean and find English rain
Fly eagle, fly
From the sound of seas
Place of the oldest culture and history
Open your great wings of the land of the power and techniques
TO THE KINGDOM OF THE LEGENDARY HIGH QUEEN (lolwut?)

YEAAAHHH Thousand years, all away
YES, I believe in here!
EUROPE IS MY WAY!
YEAAAAAAHHHH, Thousand years, here I go
YES, Like a soldier with sword and cross
EUROPE IS MY HOME!

[instrumental, where Georgi plays an air-violin]

Verse 2:
I came for you my friend and I need your hand
We've been through days of glory and of tragedy
Standing in front of future gate
Let's build now!
Let the (wtf is he saying?) freedom (wtf????)

YEAAAHH, now is future day
YES, this is where I live
EUROPE IS MY WAY!
YEAAHHH, and everybody knows
YES, I believe in here
EUROPE IS MY HOME!!

YES, I believe in here
EUROPE IS MY HOME!!!!

[standing ovation]

[random transition]

[hosts burst out in laughter]

Liam

Re: New Acadia - Hadouken! - Mecha Love // Georgi Varbanov < NSC NF 10 (for the lulz)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: AMAZING!

I'm glad you chose this one. You know it's bad when even the hosts don't like it :cool:

Canuck

Re: New Acadia - Hadouken! - Mecha Love // Georgi Varbanov < NSC NF 10 (for the lulz)

Hadouken! has been going around Zoidiac with lots of concerts this week. Here's a couple of the shows that they've put on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCRztB9SXpM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8R1sYWEKEw

In addition, here is a brief bio on this edition's New Acadian representative, Hadouken!

Hadouken! is an English new rave band hailing from the city of Leeds, England. Their two founding members, James Smith and Daniel "Pilau" Rice met while at the University of Leeds, and subsequently started their own record label, Surface Noise Records. The band formed in 2006, and played their first show on September 16th of that same year.

The song, Mecha Love, is the first single off of their newest album, to be released in 2011.

The band gets the name 'Hadouken!' from a special move; a fireball attack called 'the Hadouken' from the video game Street Fighter.

We hope you've been enjoying our entrant from this edition so far :D

Canuck

Well unfortunately New Acadia has to sit out this final, but we'd like to thank everyone who voted for us this edition and congratulate all those who qualified :D

I don't foresee another NF for at least the next five editions, as every time we seem to hold one, we are a near miss in the final :lol:

Next edition is our 10th (already!), and we are ready to surprise you with a sure-to-be gem :D

zechhh

My 6 pointer, you deserved to qualify. :(

Canuck

Today, Hadouken! was putting on a concert on the English broadcasting station of New Acadia, NABC, to celebrate coming home to the country, where they received a warm welcome home.

Unfortunately, some things went wrong, and NABC's transmitters were hacked by foreign terrorists! Immediately, the live feed from the concert was cut and replaced by this song, which looped on the station for over two hours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo4kfFoe3D8

Now, the government of New Acadia is searching for the culprits of this attack on the publicly-funded station!

Canuck

As the week wore on, the New Acadian Government did a thorough search as to who was behind the televisionn hacking incident. Earlier today, another incident occured, this time on the French broadcaster Radio-Acadia, where this video was played several times before regular programming was able to continue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEVlafWZwak

It seems as though the people who launched the attack are from a region recently acquired by New Acadia, the former Republic of Swelatie (later FSR Kop!ja), who have started a terrorist group called the 'Free Swelatie Campaign.' Reports state that they are getting international funding from abroad, and the New Acadian government is calling for the international community to step in and stop supporting this group.

Canuck

Re: New Acadia is starting an indie revolution.

So, the time has come once again to choose another song for another edition. After missing out last edition, we have come to notice that rather than sending songs which we think might do well, we might as well fail with songs that we like. So, be ready for an indie music attack from New Acadia!

The problem is, I have no clue what to send ATM, so I'm looking into a few songs, and would like your opinion on them.

Here's song number 1:

Harper Simon - Wishes and Stars

Harper Simon is the son of Paul Simon from the one and only Simon & Garfunkel, and this potential entry is sure to remind you of one of their songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d82Dz1DW2BM

ronny1988

good song! =)
i'm interested what your other 2 options are! :)

Simon87

IMO first song is better for now :)

ronny1988

i like the 2nd Song a bit more but they're both good :)

zechhh

I prefer the second song as well although neither of them is likely to get high points from me, tbh.

No Name

Re: New Acadia - 10 Edition Recap & Song Presentation!

The songs in this recap sums up fairly well why New Acadia has become one of my favourite nations in NSC. :)

Top Bottom