Contact us

The Netherlands NETHERLANDS 2025

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

PolarFoxxie.

@Gitte STOP!

Ebu and Europe doesn't owe Netherlands anything. If they want to compete, fine, but than they must participate in semifinal and earn their place in the final, do rehearsals, follow the rules and answer questions when acredited press asks him. That's called professionalism.

Last edited:

Gitte

@Gitte please stop.
Ebu and Europe doesn't owe Netherlands anything. If they want to compete, fine, but than they must participate in semifinal and earn their place in the final, do rehearsals, follow the rules and answer questions when acredited press asks him. That's called professionalism.
Wtf did I do to you

I just said I want the netherlands to keep participating for wholeheartedly not "Oh poor Joost" (he always seemed like someone to me I would fully avoid) because rightfully or not the dutch delegation is pissed now. If there needs to be a small compromise because of that, so be it.

PolarFoxxie.

@Gitte do you even understand what you are talking about? Just read carefully what u have said. You make no sense. You are contradicting yourself twice.

Gitte

I read my previous comments before writing another one, yes. Saying I make no sense is quite insulting.

I understand why they'd pull out - because I can see with my own eyes in newspaper headlines that dutch people and the broadcaster are like, really, really, REALLY pissed right now: justified or not. So them pulling out because they're pissed is very obvious and understandable (understandable because they're clearly pissed, because I don't know exactly what happened I don't know how justified their pissedness is)

I want them to keep participating because there would be something missing without a dutch entry. I live in Flanders and the Dutch entries get played & advertised a lot here, so there would be a "hole" during the esc season without a Dutch entry. The being played and advertised is including Europapa, which I personally disliked. Not a Joost Klein fan AT ALL, which you randomly accused me of being for no reason.

If a compromise is needed for them to keep participating, so be it. This can be a very small compromise, whatever's needed. I am NOT one of those people going "the netherlands should get a free pass to the final next year".

You simply decided to antagonize me. I can't remember if we've had arguments in the past or something, but you're simply acting odd.

PolarFoxxie.

What do you even mean by small compromise?? When writing an essay at least make your point. You are making so many contradictions in your posts, it is ridiculous. Ohhh they deserve to have advantage over others because they breached Eurovision rules??? Wtf, makes no sense

@Gitte . My time is too precious to engage with troll who don't have anything smart or constructive to say. I will have to block you. Your posts bring me epilepsy. Take care!

Gitte

Oh, that's a shame, I was convinced you're the troll. Glad you won't take your frustration out over small things anymore.

GRE

Netherlands do what you want to do, it's your decision, and we will respect it.
Personally, I will always remember the old tough days when no one supported you, and I was singing sha la li sha la la, I was rooting for the girl with feathers on her head. After that a talented and arrogant lady came, and year by year you became powerhouse. If you feel that you need to take a break it will be totally understandable. But please not a break like Luxembourg's for God sake. Some of us may not be alive in 2055.

PolarFoxxie.

@GRE powerhouse you mean DQ 2024, NQ 2023, 11th in 2022 and 23th in 2021. those are just 4 latest eurovision editions.

Reinventor

@GRE powerhouse you mean DQ 2024, NQ 2023, 11th in 2022 and 23th in 2021. those are just 4 latest eurovision editions.
What exactly is your problem with the Netherlands? You seem to have a strong dislike for anything Dutch. Might I suggest frequenting any of the other threads for the other countries that are more to your liking?

Last edited:

Rubine

I don’t feel like we should join anymore. It was such a horrible experience. I realy cried several times about the whole situation with Joost.

Just like he said: “in the end we are all human”

Not robots!! He probably had a bad moment.. wrong place, wrong time. But I adore him and his personality. I know he’s one of the good ones.

He had a bad moment, he apologized, he admitted he was wrong. And he payed a horrible prize for it.

But I’m so proud of him. Best entry we sent ever!

But please let’s not join again. I feel a lot of people in other countries don’t like us to much anyway, we are loud, rude, direct… you name it. I read it all.

It hurts to much all this negativity.

ESC94

I don’t feel like we should join anymore. It was such a horrible experience. I realy cried several times about the whole situation with Joost.

Not robots!! He probably had a bad moment.. wrong place, wrong time. But I adore him and his personality. I know he’s one of the good ones.

He had a bad moment, he apologized, he admitted he was wrong. And he payed a horrible prize for it.

But please let’s not join again. I feel a lot of people in other countries don’t like us to much anyway, we are loud, rude, direct… you name it. I read it all.

Well, I can only speak about me but I can tell you that so far I had nothing but great experiences with Dutch people. I can understand that you´re sad at the moment but times will get better.

Let me just give you a hug. xrunhug

gigi_copp3

You Dutch are so great, we need you in Eurovision. It's not your fault

SAYAY

I do, one of my best friends is dutch xrunhugxheart Sometimes being direct and loud isn't necessarily a bad thing. My said best friend is, but I like that about them. I have been raised to be a bit shy of conflict, which kinda sucks since there has been many situations in my life where I wished I could have been more direct because then maybe I could have stood up for myself, instead of allowing myself to be treated like a door mat by some people.

And the whole incident with Joost is just sad. I am still not 100% sure what went down and I think it will only be clear after the trial as to what actually happened when all involved parties gets to tell their side of things. But it's clear to me he definitely had a bad moment/was not in a very good place, and that Joost is a person who has his struggles and really just needs more patience and space because of that. I can't even begin to imagine the struggles he has gone through, and that can really take a toll on someone. (This comes from a person who sometimes struggles to see light in things herself, and when some days just getting out of bed is an impossible battle).

If Joost is found not guilty, I honestly hope AVROTROS threatens to withdraw, because I think (unless something magical happens during their next meeting) that might be the only way AVROTROS could get some kind of apology. When I have looked at the statements EBU has put out during and after the contest, I think it will take a very long time before the EBU changes. Seeing many delegations saying they will give clear feedback and raise questions is a step into the right direction at least. And also, considering the contest will be held in Switzerland and that Netherlands is the 6th biggest contributor, now isn't really the best time for EBU to fall out with and start losing some of their biggest contributors to this contest. Whatever Netherlands will end up doing, my support is there.

aef

What exactly is your problem with the Netherlands? You seem to have a strong dislike for anything Dutch. Might I suggest frequenting any of the other threads for the other countries that are more to your liking?
He’s/ she’s just trolling in many threads, also hating other countries from time to time in their threads…

Biste

My ideal scenario:
They should select Joost again next year and have him enter with a diss-track about the EBU.
Either they ban the song for being political, which gives them a free pass to withdraw ("no we won't send another song"). Or EBU doesn't have the balls to ban Joost again and we can all laugh how EBU gets dissed while millions are watching.

Rasmus0714

Oh, that's a shame, I was convinced you're the troll. Glad you won't take your frustration out over small things anymore.
It's the same troll trolling Croatian 2024 post, it behaves like baby lasagna murdered its whole family the whole time.

Rasmus0714

Netherlands probably should not participate + not broadcast Eurovision for the next year or two to heal...And purge all the Eurovision news from every media?

NeoTen

This whole topic makes me ashamed and kind of motivates me to change my profile flag. I was already done talking about the artist the moment he was DQ'd.
I kind of expected someone here to mention The Common Linnets mentioned last week they wanted to reunite or you could take revenge by sending Davina Michelle with some Swedish superteam of writers.
People acting like something is gonna change if AvroTros jumps out. :ROFLMAO: They're not even in the top 3 of biggest national broadcasters here (MAX, BNN, KRO are bigger). One would take their place and be done with it. It's just like with the football championships = not participating costs a country much more in terms of promotion and the selling of TVs, shirts, TV ads etc.
Just accept that this year.... ehm, didn't work out, and move on.

Top Bottom