• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Himan

Iker

Veteran

I noticed that gays love using this word more than other folk lol. As in - "You stan Ariana Grande!"

MojVoda

I noticed that gays love using this word more than other folk lol. As in - "You stan Ariana Grande!"
There are other terms to use for showing affection or fanfare to a piece of work. I know a common oxymoron that is combined with a certain slut but we won't go there. "Stan" is easy and straightforward to use for anyone, doesn't has to be a contextual undertone when using it.

vavera4ka

The very first listen it shot up into my top.
It's now comfortably in my top 3, threatening 2nd spot.
Just like last year when I had my fav standing no chance (Latvia) I was rooting for Finland to win.
This time even though it's not my #1 (France is), I'll be rooting for this all the way!

one of the easiest DOUZE POINTS from me this year.

musicfan

The undercover part is him asking for votes by mentioning various places. The slight irony being that the food part isn't so complimentary, but as he's saying that in Dutch people won't know.

mup

Is Joost doing a collaboration with the cute Duolingo Owl? Eurowl? :D

image.jpg

elysian03

My 3-year-old and 6-year-old children are obsessed with this song. :LOL:
They want to listen to it all the time and sing along. :D

Ezio

Veteran
Is Joost doing a collaboration with the cute Duolingo Owl? Eurowl? :D

image.jpg
I want to thank the cute owl for teaching me Italian. But please, dear Duo, bring on some grammar also.

Paco Roca

I still think it's wrong to compare Käärijää to Joost. "Europapa" is conceptually closer to "Mama SC" (a jokey voice with political or social references). Let3 couldn't win because the result of the musical product, although pleasant and competitive, was too strange and not very dance/melodic to lead the majority of listeners and especially juries to follow the hype wave. "Europapa", whose only unknowns are the vocal test and the staging, could do a lot of good with the public but surprisingly even more with the juries.

Let's evaluate some elements:

• Joost's particular clothing that makes him a European flag man.
  • The phrase "Welcome to Europe"... I already see many "knights of political correctness" crying their eyes out trying to exploit the song as a pro-ONG manifesto and to shout "Migrants are free to enter!" (forgetting that on the one hand it is trafficking, on the other it is a crime and on the other it can lead to social and safety consequences).
  • Joost's good boy face.

I can already see the spokespersons of the juries saying "Europapa" while they slimily deform their faces and flaunt "brilliant Colgate smiles" accompanied every now and then by their hands joined to form a little heart.

I repeat and many still seem to underestimate that "Europapa" will do well with juries. After this happens I will be like the foreman in the movie "Metropolis" who shouted at the workers "Did you see what you did?!". The question is... will there be an evil android to burn next to vent your anger? :unsure::LOL:Jokes aside, "Europapa", if well sung and performed live, can win. Croatia and Switzerland, however, are collective hallucinations o_O

Dorientje

At first I also thought what the fuck is this song, but now I really like this song, I think it's really good, but it's also being played on the radio here in Belgium a lot. It is a vibe

StephenMuckle

I wouldn't say Joost is this year's Kaarija but rather this year's Little Big. How well he does can be used as a good measuring stick for how Little Big would have done at Eurovision 2020.

Paco Roca

I wouldn't say Joost is this year's Kaarija but rather this year's Little Big. How well he does can be used as a good measuring stick for how Little Big would have done at Eurovision 2020.
Little Big were more epic and managed to convey the fun better. They are masters at this. Ironically, I was only struck by the look of "Europapa" and I was very involved not in the catchy part but in the more emotional final part and Joost's final dedication to his parents. In my opinion, "Europapa" does not have an easy and clear comparison. The closest song is "Mama SC" which blended the joke with a political message.

An honorable mention must be made to the sound of "Europapa". Nothing transcendental but it expresses the love and tradition of the Dutch for this kind of music. In the golden years of Dance music in Europe the best schools were Spanish (Pont Aeri), Italian and Dutch.

Etanna

more like Dadi from Iceland in 2021 tbh

Neely

People weren't wrong, Europapa has even managed to grow on me despite despising it more the second time I listened to it compared to my first listen, but it's not a contender. As Switzerland surges in popularity anybody wanting victory to go to a party song instead will probably find their televote money better spent chucked at Croatia.

Top Bottom