9 6.7%

5 3.7%

11 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Zeus

I actually don't want the NF back. Pretty sure we will see flopped The Voice and former X Factor-participants from 16 years ago with generic songs then. Professional artists like Anouk, Ilse, Waylon, Douwe Bob.. They won't go to these shows, we know that. The internal selection did bring The Netherlands some logical well-known artists with decent results at ESC as well. I'm not ready to go back to sending people like Sieneke, Joan Franka etc. Most of the time I don't really love our recent entries, but I'm not completely ashamed by it as well.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I actually don't want the NF back. Pretty sure we will see flopped The Voice and former X Factor-participants from 16 years ago with generic songs then. Professional artists like Anouk, Ilse, Waylon, Douwe Bob.. They won't go to these shows, we know that. The internal selection did bring The Netherlands some logical well-known artists with decent results at ESC as well. I'm not ready to go back to sending people like Sieneke, Joan Franka etc. Most of the time I don't really love our recent entries, but I'm not completely ashamed by it as well.
Honestly think this is just an overaction given we dont know what will happen on stage yet for Mia and Dion, your country has failed to qualify once and has won in the last ten years just think about that im sure you wont go back to NFs if this year is a mess

Zeus

Honestly think this is just an overaction given we dont know what will happen on stage yet for Mia and Dion, your country has failed to qualify once and has won in the last ten years just think about that im sure you wont go back to NFs if this year is a mess
Yeah it's not reasonable at all. But it's the risk you take with selecting unknown artists internally. If they flop the public goes wild and wants their power back.

I don't bother too much about results and all btw, I just don't want our country to look like a place of complete idiots. Never stuff like Sieneke or De Toppers again.

Only song I honestly liked was Outlaw in 'Em but then the staging happened. Yeah and Birds was okay too.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member
This has to be the biggest letdown so far when it comes to live performance. :( rip

SpiritofKeiino

AVROTROS put out this statement Mia and Dion have now performed twice. We have let them practice on purpose and we have seen that things are not going well yet…We know what’s wrong with it, the whole of the Netherlands has seen that. The creative team that is working on it is now continuing, precisely on those points, to get the vocals right

Im not sure why some eurofans are so upset or confused by this the dutch are some of the most straight forward and blunt people on Earth this isnt a suprise and ive always liked the dutch for this
This is reminding me a little of Austria last year who got criticised a lot for admittedly poor preparty performances. Vocals on the night were awful. The song was reasonably popular with the fandom (more so than Burning Daylight is this year), personally I loved Halo and still listen to it. It was sad to see what happened to Halo but honestly that performance in the final was so rough it didn't deserve to qualify. I'm wondering if BD is on the same track.

SpiritofKeiino

This has to be the biggest letdown so far when it comes to live performance. :( rip
Yeah it's so annoying, I like Burning Daylight as a song but worried about them on the night. I still haven't lost all hope that they might be able to turn thing around.
Regarding criticism, it's fine to do so if it's reasonable criticism and constructive, that is a risk you accept when you enter - but I hope Mia and Dion aren't getting toxic personal abuse which is another matter entirely and unacceptable.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod 🌻
Staff member
TVR: Tattoo?? Pffft...Theodor is so going to win this! We are the best! Flawless!
AVROTROS: You suck, and we might flop; better improve your vocals or else!

Sometimes you gotta love the Dutch bluntness xheat

Zeus

Apparently the only one who was against selecting Dion & Mia has now left the committee. He also was the only one who could actually sing/was known as an artist (not a good or classy one but still).

It's basically just a couple of radio-dj's and tv-presenters who decide which song gets selected out of all these 400 submissions. That's weird imo. At least get someone like Anouk, Waylon or Ilse in. Someone who actually has decent musical ears, is an artist themselves and who have experienced the whole ESC-ride.

Lindon

This is reminding me a little of Austria last year who got criticised a lot for admittedly poor preparty performances. Vocals on the night were awful. The song was reasonably popular with the fandom (more so than Burning Daylight is this year), personally I loved Halo and still listen to it. It was sad to see what happened to Halo but honestly that performance in the final was so rough it didn't deserve to qualify. I'm wondering if BD is on the same track.
ORF has never made an official statement about "Halo". A few weeks ago the CEO of ORF1 was asked about the non-qualification in a podcast and she said that it wasn't the result that ORF had hoped for, but that it was at least a commercial success for the artists.

Uto

Veteran
Apparently the only one who was against selecting Dion & Mia has now left the committee. He also was the only one who could actually sing/was known as an artist (not a good or classy one but still).

It's basically just a couple of radio-dj's and tv-presenters who decide which song gets selected out of all these 400 submissions. That's weird imo. At least get someone like Anouk, Waylon or Ilse in. Someone who actually has decent musical ears, is an artist themselves and who have experienced the whole ESC-ride.
These rich industry plants are peopling us (learn Dutch to get the joke, you lazy bums).

It is time for us to rise. Two cis white men, forged in the heat of perceived privilege, on a mission to erase the evils of unchecked Duncanism. I will petition the municipal commies to reform the committee and put us on it.

Zeus

These rich industry plants are peopling us (learn Dutch to get the joke, you lazy bums).

It is time for us to rise. Two cis white men, forged in the heat of perceived privilege, on a mission to erase the evils of unchecked Duncanism. I will petition the municipal commies to reform the committee and put us on it.
I'll make it my goal to bring Sevdaliza in then. No one will remember Loreen, Jamala or Aminata after her.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Is Mia really the daughter of a senator and does she barely live in NL and spends most of her time in the US?

AndroZeus

Is Mia really the daughter of a senator and does she barely live in NL and spends most of her time in the US?
According to Wikipedia the answer is yes. Though the senator in question is a member of the Dutch senate, not the American one.

AndroZeus

I didn’t get that info from wiki I rarely trust it as a source
I trust it more than I trust what someone says on a forum board, that's for sure. At least Wikipedia has sources.

Wolf7

Lol okay:

https://www.ad.nl/show/jan-smit-ver...t-en-stapt-uit-de-selectiecommissie~a2bf2f4c/

https://www.ad.nl/songfestival/terugkeer-nationaal-songfestival-zeker-niet-uitgesloten~a139f43b/

https://www.ad.nl/songfestival/avro...duncan-laurence-laat-van-zich-horen~a9a0df8c/

https://www.ad.nl/songfestival/beau...oor-songfestival-dit-wordt-nummer-1~a60fe3ed/

So, First link: Jan Smit (aka host of 2021) was against our entry.
Second link: a National final is considered.
Third Link: AVROTROS is desperate to support our act.
4th LInk: Loreen performed in a talkshow here and convinced everyone she will win

Top Bottom