9 6.7%

5 3.7%

11 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

shameless

Why wasn't Duncan in the green room with them? Hoping he didn't just 'decide to distance himself' because he sensed failure. Was he even in Liverpool?
I think thats exactly what happened. Apparently he already criticized the duos performing skills in the dutch media so he might have already given up on them and just saved his own skin from the embarrassment.
I agree Netherlands need to stop becoming too gloomy and confusing it with art. Belgium failed with using the same tricks as well.

SpiritofKeiino

I think thats exactly what happened. Apparently he already criticized the duos performing skills in the dutch media so he might have already given up on them and just saved his own skin from the embarrassment.
I agree Netherlands need to stop becoming too gloomy and confusing it with art. Belgium failed with using the same tricks as well.
Well that's really disappointing, if he abandoned the act he'd mentored and written a song for, shame on him. God knows how Mia and Dion must have felt.

Reinventor

This was the second worst performance in the arena yesterday, can the Netherlands stop being gloomy. The rotating platform also added nothing it made the song into the equivalent of stale sushi going endless round on a conveyor belt
The song being gloomy had literally nothing to do with it being the second worst performance. A gloomy song can be beautiful and win the entire contest. This was not it though, the song was mediocre at most.

Reinventor

Yep, I personally liked the song but for a song like that you need good vocals and it wasn't there. Let this be a lesson to AVROTROS.

Why wasn't Duncan in the green room with them? Hoping he didn't just 'decide to distance himself' because he sensed failure. Was he even in Liverpool?

I think Duncan didn't want his name to be associated with it anymore, because he knew it would fail. Makes me dislike him even more (besides the fact he now has "an American accent" when speaking Dutch, which I absolutely detest. I know people who lived and worked in the US for decades and don't have the slightest accent, it's all just for attention ugh).

Ezio

Veteran
This was the second worst performance in the arena yesterday, can the Netherlands stop being gloomy. The rotating platform also added nothing it made the song into the equivalent of stale sushi going endless round on a conveyor belt
It was such a beautiful Sįstërš national Final Moment though on the stale sushi platter.

Ezio

Veteran

shameless

Btw speaking of an absent winner involved in another entry, it's not unheard of. I think Dana International was not in Belgrad either when Boaz Mauda sang her song.

MopManMoss

Veteran
The song being gloomy had literally nothing to do with it being the second worst performance. A gloomy song can be beautiful and win the entire contest. This was not it though, the song was mediocre at most.
I know that it being gloomy contributed nothing to its failures I should have made it more clear that I am bored of the Netherlands sending songs of a familiar vibe (and I loved last years btw)

Rocket man

I think the Netherlands misread the room, they played it safe and that's fine because I usually enjoy their entries and they get decent results. But this time Europe isn't in the mood for MOR music at Eurovision this year, people want some level of escapism, and the Netherlands got caught out this time for playing it safe.
Also the quality is improving every year just to make it into the final. Imo 13 of the 15 songs in semi-final 1 were worthy of a place in the final, that's a lot compared to just 5 years ago.

And Duncan Laurence is a d*ck for not being supportive to the Dutch artists when it's his song that they're singing, and he was the one that hyped them up in the first place.

Miloutchi

Everything was just bad - and not even bad in a way that it becomes good. It was just utterly painful to watch. I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended dead last.

I can’t say anything good about it.

Reinventor

It reminded me of the 3J's (and I couldn't understand a word they were singing either). I prefer Trijntje's song to this, at least that was properly sung.

Ezio

Veteran
Trijntje was the robbed Queen of Vienna

midnightsun

Veteran
Btw speaking of an absent winner involved in another entry, it's not unheard of. I think Dana International was not in Belgrad either when Boaz Mauda sang her song.

But everyone knew he would totally nail it even without her. Fire in your eyes remains my all-time ever favourite entry from Israel.

Mainshow

Veteran

Thank you! I also believe that it was the 2nd worst performance of the night - I´m surprised a few members think they were "great", tbh.

The song is alright and I could have lived with them qualifying but not after that performance - It´s a well-deserved NQ, in my opinion.

Sammy

Veteran
How come that Duncan has become so unpopular in the Netherlands? Or am I getting the wrong impression?

Zeus

How come that Duncan has become so unpopular in the Netherlands? Or am I getting the wrong impression?
People feel like in recent times he became a bit too extravagant. In the way he talks, looks etc. Dutch people basically are very down to earth so that feeling with someone grows pretty fast lol.

But also, Duncan was never really popular here. He came out of nowhere, wasn't famous at all. He won ESC but didn't really appear in a lot of media/tv stuff. So he never really was loved in the first place (but also not hated or something).

Top Bottom