You better breathe

The air is what they need
The air is what they breathe
They'll die without it
It's unforgivable

Breathe​

Last edited by a moderator:

bstream

It isn’t dead-on-arrival like many songs this year. I really, really wish it was entirely or mostly in Montenegrin, it would allow the listener to get more lost in the instrumentals which are very strong here.

It could be a qualifier, I see the potential for captivating staging and strong vocals can bring this over the top for sure.

aef

I have to admit that this has been a minor grower for me during today. I'm upgrading from :3: to :6: points. I quite like the development during the song.

midnightsun

Veteran
It‘s almost a tragedy that her awesome outfit somehow does not go well together with the awesome background of the video. She looks great yet I have a feeling it doesn’t suit the song.

Iker

Veteran
As far as the possible ESC result goes for Vladana ... I'd say everything in between pulling off a Todevska and 15th place in the SF is on the cards.

Chorizo

A nice ballad but not a song I would listen to on repeat. 6 points.

CPV4931

Preparing her to be a dark horse this year, the live performance on Friday in Stockholm was outstanding

crashworld

Veteran
The song grew on me too. I love the short pause where she lets out a breath. I thought that part is very impactful and brings a nice touch to the song. I understand the lyrics are kinda clunky, but it doesn't take away the theme of the song. I actually wonder if the original demo of the song is in Montenegrin and they did a clumsy translation of the lyrics into English.

I hope Montenegro qualifies this year. If they have done an impactful staging, it is very likely enough to push it into the finals.
Upgrading this to a :7:.

Mainshow

Veteran
That´s the reason why I stopped attending Eurovision live:
The (hardcore) fanbase can´t stop talking during the live performances - sing along if you like but most of them are not really listening to ballads - they continue to chat in a very loud and disrespectful manner. What´s the point of attending Eurovision/such concerts then?
Maybe go into a café and talk about your life at such locations?

That said, she seems to be a good vocalist - I can see this qualify.

mauve

Veteran
The (hardcore) fanbase can´t stop talking during the live performances - sing along if you like but most of them are not really listening to ballads - they continue to chat in a very loud and disrespectful manner. What´s the point of attending Eurovision/such concerts then?

You are absolutely right. But I see it in almost every video (not only this year, but the years before). Talking while performing. I really asked myself this a few times: why attending when you don't listen closely to the songs?

Mainshow

Veteran
You are absolutely right. But I see it in almost every video (not only this year, but the years before). Talking while performing. I really asked myself this a few times: why attending when you don't listen closely to the songs?
I don´t get it. They somehow believe they are that important and have to say a lot but dunno, usually they are surrounded by the same people 24/7 and can´t even stop chatting when the performers sing on stage.

Back in 2011 and 2012, it wasn´t like that at all (due to seated areas) but most Eurovision events are like that when it comes to the hardcore fanbase having tickets for "the standing area".
Seriously, it´s so disrespectful to all artists.

Don´t pay 500-900€ for Eurovision tickets - just grab some beer/wine and some food and sit in a cozy living room with your Grindr dates/friends if you really want to chat throughout the whole event.

I applaud the EBU and the organisers for being able to somehow mute them "on TV".

spinachpie

I REALLY like this song. And she sounds perfect live. The only issue is that it takes quite a while to get going. But please wear that headwear on the night :love:

hijirio

Veteran
A Balkan horse woman we can't reject

Best ballad of 2022

Please pull of Tamara Todevska moment and win the jury

CPV4931

To be fair, it seems to be worse in the video that it really was (I´ve been there), at least during Vladana´s performance almost everyone was stunned and listened + enjoyed her performance. It was worse during Malik´s one though, especially during performing his own song.... and you are right, that´s disrespectful.

Top Bottom