So baby, it's not a maybe
Yeah, I'm too good to be true, but there's nothing in it for you
So if I show some skin, it doesn't mean I'm giving in
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse, je me casse
I'm not your baby

Boy, are you pouring that drink in my hand?
Thinking if I'm drunk then, I'll give you a chance
Boy, you keep buying and complaining so stop trying
Not gonna give it up and change my plans

Hell no, I'm not your honey
Hell no, I don't want your money
Got it wrong, I ain't into dummies
No-o-o-o

So baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse, je me casse
If you don't get it (Je me casse)
Je me casse (Je-je-je me casse)
If you don't...

Ladies, if you feel like flaunting tonight, it’s alright, it's alright
Ladies (Ladies), listen to me!
Listen and go right ahead, show you're shining

If you don't get it, if you, if you dont' get it (Je me casse)
If you don't get it, if you, if you don't get it
Excuse my French

Baby, it's not a maybe
Not your baby

Je me casse
Je-je-je me casse
I'm not your baby​

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightsun

Veteran
Y'all are completely crazy if you don't recognize how much the block and political voting have diminished since the 100% televoting 2000s era.
That’s why we still need juries.
Without, 10 out of Top 15 countries would probably East-South-Europe.

But with the way it is now the contest has turned into a „Let‘s make Eurovision stay in Western countries“ thanks to the juries which is as wrong too!

I wish there would be something balanced. A way to avoid all the biased votes from neighbour countries but also juries who don’t downvote countries on purpose, like Russia for example.

By the way, in the past - before televoting - Malta did quite well in some years (early 90s for example). It’s not like they have been surprisingly doing well now suddenly the last years. So Malta DID send quality songs in the past years. Either that or juries were already rigged back then! ;) But I love their older stuff so me as a televoter woukd have voted a lot for them in the 90s which indicates their stuff was good. But in the past their music influence was rather British than Swedish, maybe that’s why.

Jopi

Y'all are completely crazy if you don't recognize how much the block and political voting have diminished since the 100% televoting 2000s era.
I get the impression that sometimes the juries votes are more political and block voting.. just go through last years...
I can understand that some Belarussian song (not a ripp off Sweden or American song, but Belarussian) will have 100% appeal to Russian people, to Ukraine since they were historicaly really close, as well as I know that Croatia 2020 would have mass appeal to Serbs for example.. It’s normal thing, some people are historically closer and have same taste in music... And I’m not really mad when Cyprus people give 12 to Greece.. Its the same culture ... But the juries excange 12 points... Greece-Cyprus.. well thats a problem here..

tararaaam

I get the impression that sometimes the juries votes are more political and block voting.. just go through last years...
I can understand that some Belarussian song (not a ripp off Sweden or American song, but Belarussian) will have 100% appeal to Russian people, to Ukraine since they were historicaly really close, as well as I know that Croatia 2020 would have mass appeal to Serbs for example.. It’s normal thing, some people are historically closer and have same taste in music... And I’m not really mad when Cyprus people give 12 to Greece.. Its the same culture ... But the juries excange 12 points... Greece-Cyprus.. well thats a problem here..
I agree quite a lot. Even if I do feel like the Greece-Cyprus thing is a detail that has almost no effect compared to f.ex. Azerbaijan getting many more points than Australia in 2019 (here I have to say I really liked Truth). After all, what seems to matter only is how good they manage to hide these manipulations. Everyone can notice Montenegro giving 12 to Serbia, but who will judge Malta giving 12 to Azerbaijan? ;) Or Denmark voting Sweden/Norway/Germany alternately?

Jopi

I agree quite a lot. Even if I do feel like the Greece-Cyprus thing is a detail that has almost no effect compared to f.ex. Azerbaijan getting many more points than Australia in 2019 (here I have to say I really liked Truth). After all, what seems to matter only is how good they manage to hide these manipulations. Everyone can notice Montenegro giving 12 to Serbia, but who will judge Malta giving 12 to Azerbaijan? ;) Or Denmark voting Sweden/Norway/Germany alternately?
Also, don't forget that Azerbaijani and Amernian juries always put each other as last place..???? And then people say juries are not political...

Last edited:

tararaaam

Perfectly true. Btw, Armenia should have been allowed to vote this year, I think it would be a nice move to the country.
Anyway, I still really like Malta personally, even if I can see that it is pushed a lot. I do prefer it to win from the music-is-not-about-fireworks movement (which seems to go behind Switzerland this year) that has occurred in the last few years, almost as an attempt to redeem ourselves from the 'shameful 00s'.

Preuss

I mean, the juries aren't perfect but they're less "likely" to vote for their neighbors and friends, which we've seen in the last years. The televote has been more biased when it comes to neighbor voting, but I suppose this is the nature of televoting

Preuss

I don't think it's a crime that Azerbaijan nearly got 200 points from the juries - it was a strong entry with a strong package, singer and vocals. They've also not been rewarded much by the juries for let's say the past 5 years. Australia deserved more points though, but I guess it ain't convenient that people have shut up about jury bias towards Australia after Kate (and Jess).

Iker

Veteran
The thing is with the current method of Jury points reveal , we don't have enough time to dwell on it and the televote is not even shown .

But what I can see is strategic voting has definitely come to the forefront.

In 2017: Bulgaria , Portugal and Italy blanked each other in the Jury vote.

In 2018: Cyprus gave 0 points to Israel in the final after giving it 12 in the semi because they realised that the final is going to be Cyprus vs Israel.
Wow at situations from 2017 & 2018. Why no bigger fuss has been made out of it?!

Ezio

Veteran
Wow at situations from 2017 & 2018. Why no bigger fuss has been made out of it?!
On the other hand, in 2014 Netherlands, Austria and Sweden were very generous towards each other.

But I was very disappointed in my darling Portugal about their voting in 2017, and those 12 points from Bulgaria for Nathan Trent tasted quite sour in my mouth.

crashworld

Veteran
I don't think it's a crime that Azerbaijan nearly got 200 points from the juries - it was a strong entry with a strong package, singer and vocals. They've also not been rewarded much by the juries for let's say the past 5 years. Australia deserved more points though, but I guess it ain't convenient that people have shut up about jury bias towards Australia after Kate (and Jess).

Agree. "Truth" is a very polished entry with great vocals and decent staging. I can see why it did well with the juries.
As for "Zero Gravity", while the staging is awesome and Kate has a fantastic voice, but the song is just too divisive. I can see why the juries didn't like it as they need to judge the overall package.

Back on track, with regards to Malta winning, I am not a supporter for it. But the same goes to every entry in this year's competition as of now, I don't have a song that I really want it to win. Perhaps, once the 'live' show starts, I may get behind a song to win.

Iker

Veteran
On the other hand, in 2014 Netherlands, Austria and Sweden were very generous towards each other.

But I was very disappointed in my darling Portugal about their voting in 2017, and those 12 points from Bulgaria for Nathan Trent tasted quite sour in my mouth.
Bulgaria gave trite Austria 12 jury points in the final?! SMH. This year was full of bizarre and shady results beyond the winner.

Realest

There was a huge Fuss 2017. Didnt you notice it? Also One portuguese Member voted upside down, otherwise Bulgaria would have got 2 Points. On the other Side, its good that Juries arent affected by Fanhypes and do whatever they themselves think is right.
2018 Cyprus votes for Israel were [7,8,9,10,12] so there was no downvoting.

Realest

Or Denmark voting Sweden/Norway/Germany alternately?

Denmark only gives 12 Points to Norway/Sweden/Germany when they reach the Top5.
On the other Side Montenegro almost always gives 12 Points to Serbia, even when they end up in the Bottom10.
2019 Serbia gave 12 Points to Montenegro when they were Bottom2 in the Semi.

Ezio

Veteran
Bulgaria gave trite Austria 12 jury points in the final?! SMH. This year was full of bizarre and shady results beyond the winner.
I mean, Bulgaria also gave us 12 points in the final in 2018. Cesar Sampson was their background singer and composer in 2017

Iker

Veteran
There was a huge Fuss 2017. Didnt you notice it? Also One portuguese Member voted upside down, otherwise Bulgaria would have got 2 Points. On the other Side, its good that Juries arent affected by Fanhypes and do whatever they themselves think is right.
2018 Cyprus votes for Israel were [7,8,9,10,12] so there was no downvoting.
Ok, so that situation with Cyprus is not that bad overall. But it always made me wonder why EBU seemingly never did anything to intervene when it comes to Azerbaijan & Armenia kinda always swapping last places in their respective juries voting. It is foul and nasty.

Ezio

Veteran
Denmark only gives 12 Points to Norway/Sweden/Germany when they reach the Top5.
On the other Side Montenegro almost always gives 12 Points to Serbia, even when they end up in the Bottom10.
2019 Serbia gave 12 Points to Montenegro when they were Bottom2 in the Semi.
The booing for Nova Deca was priceless, when they received 12 points from :me:

This song was terrible.

Iker

Veteran
I mean, Bulgaria also gave us 12 points in the final in 2018. Cesar Sampson was their background singer and composer in 2017
Yeah, but Cesar Simpson's entry was good while Nathan Trent felt like an afterthought.

Ezio

Veteran
Cyprus giving Israel borderline Top 10 jury points seem quite strategic, in order to avoid an outcry.

Ezio

Veteran

Realest

Ok, so that situation with Cyprus is not that bad overall. But it always made me wonder why EBU seemingly never did anything to intervene when it comes to Azerbaijan & Armenia kinda always swapping last places in their respective juries voting. It is foul and nasty.

Its unpreventable an doesnt affect the Scoreboard.

Top Bottom