5 3.8%

6 4.5%

15 11.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Semra

I have a problem here with this song. The verses I like and her voice is good. It's quality. But I don't like the chorus. Maybe because I don't like gospel (not because of religion, I just don't enjoy the sound). The chorus feels gospely or... hm... I don't know. I can't put it into words, I just really dislike that part of the song. I have problems rating it because the song is not bad.

I have the same problem with my own country's song (Norway). The beginning is beautiful, the verses ok but I don't like that banging rythm in the chorus. Seems like I'm quite alone in this.

Sammy

Veteran
That‘s one of my early faders this year. Downgrading it from :6: to :5:

midnightsun

Veteran
The chorus is SO annoying. I want to tear out my hair at "chuto" or whatever she‘s singing. Which is sad, because the song without it is actually pretty, especially the Stay part.

Chalphon

I really like this, good song, good performer. Well done Lithuania. It's going straight up on my ESC playlist. For me this is a sure qualifier. Might not be edgy enough for a top 10 ESC result but it's going to stay in my top 10 at least.

SpiritofKeiino

I'm finding it very hard to judge whether this is a likely NQ or Q. I really don't know what the public will think of it.

Ajeje Brazorf

Sorry, but really underrated. A sure qualifier in semi 2, imo. It may not be "Love of my Life" but I find this song lovely, and both Monika and the backing singers are really good. This is maybe the first time ever I have all three baltic Nations on my top 20 in Eurovision.

Realest

I miss Beatrich so much...

Looren

Veteran
Am a bit worried about it but would be so happy if she manages to make it to the final xheart

ayzelto

Time for my prediction:

I think the song is very cute, well executed and good vocals. Obviously the staging needs a complete change as it did look quite cheap in the NF.
This is going through, right? I can’t imagine another scenario. What will happen in the final is unpredictable, but the level this year is high and I don’t think the song is competent enough to make it to the top 10. Maybe not even top 15. From 15th to 20th seems the most sensible thing to think. Juries will appreciate it while she’ll get some love from neighbours, Ireland and maybe someone else.

What do you think? Is she qualifying? If the answer is yes, how will she perform in the Grand Final?

VikingTiger

Up until 2018 Lithuania was always just there - way down my list. Then things changed for me. Along came a streak of what was in my book strong entries - topped my last year and Monika.
2023? I'm afraid Lithuania is back to where it used to be... down the second part of my personal scoreboard. Rather uninteresting...

BernadetteCydonia

Well if we would've qualified with just televote in 2019... this will surely do better in the semi than "Run with the Lions", it's a less boring/basic song and Monika has some charisma to get it going. And strong enough vocals. But I just don't know if "čiūto tūto" hammering all across the song is the slay that the pre-show Eurofans (or just the PiN selection juries) think it is. I've always wanted some Lithuanian in Eurovision, but maybe if it comes naturally? Like, the selection juries are open to accept an entry like that, saying "well Lithuanian wouldn't work in Eurovision BUT..." like it happened with Monika Liu. But Monika Linkytė was told to keep adding "čiūto tūto" until she can't "čiūto tūto" no more. And it isn't a proper Lithuanian sentence!

It's just that I'm not sure if it works to make a bland song feel any more special, or adds way too much chaos to a bland song and makes it feel worse.

UK+Poland+Ukraine+Estonia love guaranteed for sure though. But we won't do that well. Back to the drawing board for 2024 already

midnightsun

Veteran
"čiūto tūto"

What does it actually mean?

I‘m sorry but the ciuto tuto part is the reason the song is out of my top 10. Not only because of the lyrics (the English part at least, my heart keeps beating…. we had that a dozen times, düm tektek) but also melody-wise.

Otherwise it’s a a sweet song, the kind I like to keep in Eurovision.

DanielLuis

@Spotify I want the CIUTO TUTO version on the official Eurovision playlist, now.

BernadetteCydonia

@Spotify I want the CIUTO TUTO version on the official Eurovision playlist, now.

it doesn't feel like an ordeal that's officially approved as far as I know; the "plain" version of the song works just as it is and the "Čiūto tūto" version is for promotional purposes. I expect it to be the version to be performed live though because well, people take a liking to it, so I don't see why wouldn't it be.

What does it actually mean?

It means nothing at all, just made up words in our language that are found in our folk songs. It's just some words they use for "punctuation" reasons: most of these folk songs have verses like these: first original line, second original line, made up Lithuanian words, second original line repeated. Or I might be mixing things up, it could be first original line - second original line - third original line repeated twice. But those made-up words just make the folk songs more sing-along-able (so that's what the "čiūto tūto" repetition is trying to achieve in here).

But don't tell it to anyone who's keeping track of languages this year lol. Every language has made up words too you know

Top Bottom