4 1.9%

14 6.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Lithuania-scaled.jpg

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Is it possible to plagiarize yourself? Because I'm certain I heard Aiste's before, except it was a duet called "In a moment like this."

shameless

I think Monique is probably the best choice for LT to do this year. And by saying that I still think its a complete NQ because it's very boring. Send KayRa for the fun and that way they would be a hot fav for the Barbara Dex award at least (although several other contestants from this NF would be too).:giggle:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I caught up with all the songs and I've got to say this third semi final was the weakest one for me.

The Roop gave a memorable performance and it was charming. Their song is a non starter though this year. I'm waiting for something to happen after the "heat is getting higher, I feel like I'm on fire" bit, but that's it! That is the chorus. It's a really empty piece of music. I need more.

Evgenya Redko's song has nice staging but I don't think I can get into it. Tired of songs with drops and this one is weak unfortunately. Getting slight FKA Twigs vibes which should interest me but.. nah.

I can see Alligator's appeal but the song is not for me. I find it irritating.

The Backs gave a very weird visual + aural experience. I didn't dislike it but I'm not particularly into it.

I haven't worked out quite why yet but I'm always triggered when Lithuanians go down a comedy or satirical route. Vilnius Calling isn't for me.

Aiste's had the only song here I'd go back to, but I'd have to be in the right mood for it. That mid to late 00s Scandinavian mood.

Gabrielius Vagelis, Moniqué, Alen Chicco.. take your pick xhunter

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Is it possible to plagiarize yourself? Because I'm certain I heard Aiste's before, except it was a duet called "In a moment like this."

It also reminds me of Shirley Clamp's fabulous MF 2014-song "Burning alive" xheart

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

FabiESC

1. The Roop – „On fire“ 10/10
  2. Monique – „Make Me Human“ 10/10
  3. Monika Marija - „If I Leave“ 9/10
  4. Aistė Pilvelytė – „Unbreakable“ 9/10
  5. Rūta Loop – „We Came from the Sun” 8/10
  6. Evgenya Redko – „Far“ 6/10
  7. Kristina Jure – „My Sound of Silence“ 6/10
  8. Rokas Povilius – „Vilnius Calling“ 5/10
  9. Baltos varnos - „Namų dvasia“ 3/10
  10. Meandi - „Drip“ 3/10
  11. Alen Chicco – „Somewhere Out There“ 3/10
  12. Gabrielius Vagelis - „Tave čia randu“ 2/10
  13. KaYra – „Alligator“ 2/10
  14. The Backs – „Fully“ 2/10
  15. Viktorija Miškūnaitė – „The Ocean“ 2/10
  16. Petunija - „Show Ya“ 1/10
  17. Germanas Skoris – „Chemistry (Breaking Free)“ 0/10
  18. Andy Vaic - „Why Why Why“ 0/10

They have 5 strong Songs here, the rest is not so strong, most of the songs are boring. For me, i hope they pick The Roop or Monique, love both songs. xlove But i would be also happy for Monika or Aiste.xup

Mrm

Veteran
@RainyWoods

You don't like Rokas Povilius – „Vilnius Calling“?

Alaska49

heat 3 was definitely the weaker of the 3 but still good enough to seal atranka 2020 as an all-time incredible NF. all we need is a solid winner to seal it (aka: not fucking monika marija good lord try again next year), and there are several nominees.

the highlights of this heat are obviously the endearingly batshit performances of the roop and kayra. alligator is the better song, but on fire is SUCH an audiovisual experience, i am obsessed. outside those two, evgenya was strong but this NF is so incredible she feels out of her league, the backs were cute, aistė was EMBARRASSING and if you are unironically rooting for her you seriously need to put yourself in a gay retirement home, and rokas would be fine if his lyrics were something else entirely but they aren't so he sucks lol.

the only non-qualifier of note is nombeko, who deserved a spot but her act wasn't that strong and i would want her to leave in the semi anyway, also her song would be better if the instrumental could breathe for a bit but she doesn't shut up once. still, watching her felt like watching the first NF attempt of the future eurovision mega star. like i can breathe by aminata, which looking back you can see the unfinished business in there. except with nombeko i might be seeing now so you heard it here first...x

my eight finalists for atranka would be, in order: ruta loop, moniqué, the roop, petunija, gabrielius, baltos varnos, kayra and alen chicco. however, i recognize monika marija is definitely making it and the victory for petunija was making the semi at all, so my focus is hoping the other seven make it, though i legit like most of the 18 entries. not all, however. NO AISTES ALLOWED.

LastDreamer

Banned
The solution is very easy, just cancel the pre-selection (like :ch: did in 2019) and do the right choice.

LastDreamer

Banned
Let's remember 2016, it was the last great year in the glorious history of iconic :lt: Atranka.

5th place : Milda Martinkenaite - If Tomorrow Never Comes

4th place : Behind The Moon - Did It All

3rd place : Evelyn Joyce - When It Sings

2nd place : Saulene Chlevickaite - Strong

Winner : Baiba - Mayday

It's my old rate from 2016, the difference between top 2 songs is very small, possibly I will put "Strong" over "Mayday" now.

P.S. : I hope that will find a free time in 2020 for compiling a decade ranking with 342 songs from Atranka.

Mrm

Veteran
That's why I put " "....

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
As @RainyWoods predicted, I enjoy Aiste's song and think it has a fun kind of Australoschlager flair. xheat

I also have grown into The Roop's song and, of course, love them as a group. Monique's performance is staggering and I think will look great on a bigger stage. Monika Marija's song is good by Monika Marija standards, and I wouldn't be too brokenhearted if it won. The song that actually outshines everything for me, though, is "Somewhere Out There," which I hope by the grace of god we can get two more performances of. It's strange because I was nottttttttt on board with Alen Chicco's first entry and honestly found it kind of grotesque, but this one is stellar, poignant, everything I want, need, and don't deserve.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
THE ROOP
THE ROOP
THE ROOP IS ON FIRE
WE DON'T NEED NO HATERS LET THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS
BURN MOTHERFUCKERS BURN
THE_ROOP_IS_ON_FIRE.gif

(the one on the left is literally me in my bedroom, at 01:38 am, on each NF Saturday night, after my second gin-tonic.)​

Top Bottom