Contact us

KOSOVO 2018 - Not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
kosovo_640.png

Sabiondo

Re: KOSOVO 2018

How the Moderators can close this thread? then if keep open, will create Crimea 2018, Gibraltar 2018, South Ossetia 2018, etc... thank you :)

Sabiondo

Kosovo participated at the Olympic Games of 2016.
So, it's not tha same case as Crimea, or Gibraltar.
Thank you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

But Kosovo isn't member of EBU yet (and i doubt that they will join in the near future). Also EBU will not want to risk losing another participant (:rs:) for political reasons as happened this year with :ru:!

So what is the point opened this unless thread?

John1

They reported the same thing back in 2015, and they still weren't allowed to take part at the ESC. It will never happen, as far as most of the countries in the world will decide not to recognize it as an independant or sovereign state. Why does Kosovo consider themselves as a country, which is no longer part of Serbia? I mean, they don't even have an "official" government.

Come on... The same happened with Faroe Islands in 2016, and they didn't insist on it nor tried to state that they intended to participate again in 2017/2018. Why would Kosovo keep doing so? Aren't they aware of the fact that they should acquire the membership of the EBU before annoyingly giving it a try every year since 2015?

Nevermind, I'm not posting there to talk about worldwide political issues regarding Kosovo, Albania and Serbia. My only purpose is to express my annoyance and the fact that I'm utterly tired with this whole situation in regards to their endless attempts to compete at the ESC, even though they perfectly know that they will never be able to take part so far. NONO

siebel

It will never happen, as far as most of the countries in the world will decide not to recognize it as an independant or sovereign state.

Most of the world didnt recognize Kosovo? Kosovo is recognized by 115 countries and 80% of EU countries, just 5 countries in EU still didnt do it. Little bit more if we count the whole Europe but thats still more then 80% and I think thats more then enough.

even though they perfectly know that they will never be able to take part so far. NONO

I wouldnt be so sure. Every month Kosovo is more "in the game" everywhere. From last year they are UEFA and FIFA members and they are now playing football qualification, something that 2 years ago we would all say "that's never gonna happen". I mean, i am REALLY not saying this because i have something against Serbians, NO NO NO, i want all the best for our neighbour Serbia, i am saying this because we have a new country in Europe and thats a fact. Sooner or later we have to allow them to play with us because they are "kids in our neighbourhood" and we cant just pretend like they dont exist next 100 years. Maybe they wil not be the part of ESC next year, but am sure they will definitelly be there in next 3 years. After all, they have "bigger right" to be on Eurovision then some non European countries like Australia.

Hannah01

The way i see this its not useless , if the talent exist somewhere it should be given chance..

John1

Most of the world didnt recognize Kosovo? Kosovo is recognized by 115 countries and 80% of EU countries, just 5 countries in EU still didnt do it. Little bit more if we count the whole Europe but thats still more then 80% and I think thats more then enough.

I wouldnt be so sure. Every month Kosovo is more "in the game" everywhere. From last year they are UEFA and FIFA members and they are now playing football qualification, something that 2 years ago we would all say "that's never gonna happen". I mean, i am REALLY not saying this because i have something against Serbians, NO NO NO, i want all the best for our neighbour Serbia, i am saying this because we have a new country in Europe and thats a fact. Sooner or later we have to allow them to play with us because they are "kids in our neighbourhood" and we cant just pretend like they dont exist next 100 years. Maybe they wil not be the part of ESC next year, but am sure they will definitelly be there in next 3 years. After all, they have "bigger right" to be on Eurovision then some non European countries like Australia.

There's no way that Kosovo is becoming independent anytime soon, from the moment that half of the UN's security council's permanent members aren't praising this decision at all. :lol: I'd say that it doesn't even depend on the will and the statement of all of the countries in the whole world, but it only does with the five most powerful nations. Furthermore, as we're all aware of, ::na and :ru: strongly disagreed with the overall situation. Thus, they won't be seen as an independent country within 3 years, but it seems that it will last more than 10 years until one of these countries will decide to take the independence of Kosovo into account.

However, I totally admit the fact that how wrong was my report about the whole number of country, which in fact didn't recognize Kosovo as an independent part from Serbia.

Let's get back to business: the broadcaster from Kosovo. Indeed, it might meet all of the requirements in order to be accepted as a full member of the EBU. Nonetheless, provided that they aren't officially seen as a sovereign country, it doesn't matter. This has something to do with politics indeed, hence the fact that I raised this issue there.

In case they were allowed to participate(really tremendous and unlikely...), it'd appear as an offence to Serbia and all of the countries in Europe, which didn't recognise Kosovo yet. Can you imagine this moment at the voting results??? "AND 12 PTS GOES TO SER... ERRR ITS REGION: KOSOVOO". It'd be very awkward and insane at the same time. Moreover, their participation would be the best equivalent to the participation of two entrants for one single country. 1956s vibes for sure, but it sounds very odd in my opinion.
Furthermore, there's still no votes in the Olympics Games and the Football World Cup Championship as they are able to be allocated in several other groups and thus not being forced to face each other. For instance, this huge mess with Azerbaijan & Armenia is already occurring, though they're both European countries. xrofl

LET'S WAIT AND SEE!!!!! ;)

^ True, but Faroe tried only in 2010

http://eurovoix.com/2015/06/10/faroe-islands-wants-to-participate-in-the-eurovision-song-contest/

SaladBreak

For instance, this huge mess with Azerbaijan & Armenia is already occurring, though they're both European countries. xrofl

It would be the same with Serbia and Kosovo, they would rank each other on last place all the time. Therefore, I'd rather wait until Serbia recognizes Kosovo or they negotiate some other settlement(split the territory). The tensions have worsened down there and the last thing we need is a war started by Eurovision.

John1

It would be the same with Serbia and Kosovo, they would rank each other on last place all the time. Therefore, I'd rather wait until Serbia recognizes Kosovo or they negotiate some other settlement(split the territory). The tensions have worsened down there and the last thing we need is a war started by Eurovision.

Indeed, but this'd carry a much more negative aspect than we all believe there. Why? The political relationship between Serbia and Albania at the ESC. It gets a bit better every year along with slight improvement as they're already giving each other some points

Realest

I wonder if we have a Greece-Cyprus Part II if Kosovo participated next year.

Romeo

I would LOVE to see Kosovo in Eurovision

They have been independent for 9 years now, I think it's about time.

For those who are saying they are not part of the EBU - nor are Israel at this point so the situation with Israel will be assisted by the EBU and therefore Kosovo could join in a similar way.

Also just because serbia doesn't recognise Kosovo isn't an issue because Turkey participated in Eurovision for years and they don't recognise Cyprus.

I think with participating in the Olympics / international football etc. I think it is highly likely we will see Pristina Calling in 2018

Sabiondo

They have been independent for 9 years now, I think it's about time.

For those who are saying they are not part of the EBU - nor are Israel at this point so the situation with Israel will be assisted by the EBU and therefore Kosovo could join in a similar way.

Also just because serbia doesn't recognise Kosovo isn't an issue because Turkey participated in Eurovision for years and they don't recognise Cyprus.

I think with participating in the Olympics / international football etc. I think it is highly likely we will see Pristina Calling in 2018

But the problem comes that Kosovo isn't member of ITU (as pre-requiment to join on EBU) and that will happen once in the moon, only when they join on the UN and while :ru: and ::na keep blocking their assencion membership at UN, will be almost imposible to them join on ESC next year, but as EBU is FIFA 2.0 allowing :au: in their contest, i won't be surpised if their money talks continue and make an space for :xk: overiding their own rules.

AlekS

Veteran

http://www.preshevajone.com/ebu-ne-...ovare-rreth-lajmit-kosova-ne-eurovision-2018/

The EBU denied that Kosovo will take part in the ESC 2018.

Top Bottom