Italy ITALY 2020 - Diodato - Fai rumore

How do you rate the song?

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Italy-scaled.jpg

Uto

Veteran
Italy is racing up the odds now that it has become the unofficial anthem for the European resistance against corona. It has become impossible to divorce this song from the thousands of deaths that have happened and will happen. I live within earshot of a river that was once the border of the Roman Empire. Even though those days are long gone, I can hear it calling these days, and what its swords never conquered its heart will.

Nemo89

Italy is racing up the odds now that it has become the unofficial anthem for the European resistance against corona. It has become impossible to divorce this song from the thousands of deaths that have happened and will happen. I live within earshot of a river that was once the border of the Roman Empire. Even though those days are long gone, I can hear it calling these days, and what its swords never conquered its heart will.
I think instead the criticisms will become silent but harsher. To win an artistic competition, "you have to fly low". Italy is true that it has a good song and that has become anthem for resistance but ... when you fly too high, the prey is the victim of the rifles of the enemies. I predict that the public will not reward Italy as it deserves because this would already mean knowing the winner of the ESC and bringing the hopes of victory for their nation to 0%. I am sure that if any European song, remember "1944" of Ukraine, had achieved the honor of becoming a anthem, that nation would have won and everyone happy to toast the glasses. You think I speak so to say, look at the votes and the words before and after Italy has received an increase in Betting Odds: inexplicable silence or a few balanced words and 0 out of 0 in the "Ranking Game". Do you know why the Roman Empire has become so vast and powerful? Because the Romans trusted everyone but didn't really trust anyone and because they knew how to choose wars to fight (not like Napoleon who wasted time for a useless expedition of Egypt and a disastrous expedition of Russia). The Romans wrote "Here are the lions" and like Pontius Pilate they washed their hands. I speak to you as a modern Roman, I have suspicions in victory and I have suspicions in nice words. This year, more than I feel, it smells like a "No Top 10" public conspiracy; probably I'm wrong. After all these words, I enjoy the show xbeach:lol:

hijirio

Veteran
lol the song doesn't even have anything to do with persistance or combatting against something. if it wins just because of the current unfortunate situation in italy, i'll doubt the contest's authencity as a SONG contest. it's not a reality show.

Uto

Veteran
lol the song doesn't even have anything to do with persistance or combatting against something. if it wins just because of the current unfortunate situation in italy, i'll doubt the contest's authencity as a SONG contest. it's not a reality show.
Your argument is weird. The listener is the one who gives meaning to a song. The situation in Italy gives an extra meaning to the song for me exactly because *that* is not a reality show, but reality itself.

hijirio

Veteran
Your argument is weird. The listener is the one who gives meaning to a song. The situation in Italy gives an extra meaning to the song for me exactly because *that* is not a reality show, but reality itself.

Meaning? What meaning? How can a love song be symbolic for a dreadful epidemic in a country? I fail to see any link.
People on the balcony also played DJ songs and sang the country's national anthem, they just wanted to have fun and that's it. EVEN IF the song somehow could be related to the situation in Italy, this song will not win anyway, cuz the melody is bland as 2005 and production is cheap as 2000. Many delusional Italy-hypers here will be disappointed in May.

Nemo89

Have you seen, Uto? xleftThe hunters are always careful to come out suddenly xhunterI have never doubted that Alaska49, EscTurkey and other bitter enemies of Diodato carefully observed the thread of Italy ; "The Hills Have Eyes", Uto :lol: The problem is that ESCTurkey has fallen into my provocation xqueenbitchI knew that sooner or later my words would take effect and someone would betray himself with his own fingers xdance Maybe the others were smarter xacademic, others didn't know what to say xshrugbut didn't make this mistake. The strange comment by EscTurkey makes you understand that what I said makes sense xyes How attention and words follow a thought that goes beyond music but sinks into the desire to win and prejudice.

@EscTurkey: now I speak to you, friend. Your comment is meaningless. Nobody has ever talked about reality shows but it has been said that a situation can influence xleft It happened several times to the ESC. Except that if another nation did it, everyone would be touched xcryand we saw the video conferences with the heads of delegation with a great toothy smile to reward the song in question with 12 pointsxshock1:xlovexbowx12pointsxhug

The Italians and many other people did not voluntarily use "Fai rumore" as a anthem of resistance but it was a natural gesture xshrug The song has proven to lend itself to different interpretations. Power that have few songs, ballads or catchy that they are xviolin Then if "Fai rumore" is not among your favorites I accept it but you cannot say that it is of poor quality xcoffee

The beauty is that you have fully demonstrated your lack of kindness towards a sensitive issue xqueenbitch, visceral hatred for Italy xangryxhelp (not your first negative comment) and fear xshock However you are not the only one ... I deliberately provoked, jokingly xheya, in the "Betting Odds" thread and, although some users have been more skilled than you, I have caught many fish in my net xyaay

I'm not supposed to reveal my secrets xthinkxpokerface:lol:

hijirio

Veteran
xprayxviolinxstarsxheatxthinkxmadxmetalx12pointsxexcusemexcoffeexpukexacademic:gimmefive::gimmefive:xangel:nervous:xblushxangryxshrugxwavexbeeexyumbaxclapxbikexcryxdancexboredxdance2xbowxwallxcheerxleftxcheersxcrazyxhunterxfacepalmxgaahxhelpxhixhmmmxhugxmusicxpokerfacexpolicexpunishxqueenbitchxroflxshockxsleepxupxwaitxyaaay

Nemo89

Meaning? What meaning? How can a love song be symbolic for a dreadful epidemic in a country? I fail to see any link.
People on the balcony also played DJ songs and sang the country's national anthem, they just wanted to have fun and that's it. EVEN IF the song somehow could be related to the situation in Italy, this song will not win anyway, cuz the melody is bland as 2005 and production is cheap as 2000. Many delusional Italy-hypers here will be disappointed in May.
Nothing makes sense if you close your eyes.

You followed your original thought without bothering to ever question your words.

"Fai rumore" is not just a romantic (or rather melancholic) song but it expresses the breaking down of the barriers of incommunicability and the desperate scream of a soul in pain. The same lack of communication as the distance of one meter and the curfew in Italy and the pained soul of people who are seeing the people they love die. These people will make noise, because in every daily gesture of those who loved them, it will be difficult to forget them.

I speak to you on behalf of all Italians. We are interested in winning the virus and returning to our lives and not the desire to win the ESC at all costs. ESC is fun and moments of union and sharing of different peoples and not a tool to convey one's anger and frustrations. Please, eclipse yourself. I am ashamed of you.

hijirio

Veteran
Nothing makes sense if you close your eyes.

You followed your original thought without bothering to ever question your words.

"Fai rumore" is not just a romantic (or rather melancholic) song but it expresses the breaking down of the barriers of incommunicability and the desperate scream of a soul in pain. The same lack of communication as the distance of one meter and the curfew in Italy and the pained soul of people who are seeing the people they love die. These people will make noise, because in every daily gesture of those who loved them, it will be difficult to forget them.

I speak to you on behalf of all Italians. We are interested in winning the virus and returning to our lives and not the desire to win the ESC at all costs. ESC is fun and moments of union and sharing of different peoples and not a tool to convey one's anger and frustrations. Please, eclipse yourself. I am ashamed of you.

I wholeheartedly hope your country overcomes the dreadful situation in the country. But your Eurovision song is a cheap and boring pillowfest, and it will not even come close to winning the contest if Soldi came 2nd. I'm not gonna praise it just because your country is going through a difficult period these days.

hijirio

Veteran
Why are you even trying to explain it to me lol I just don't like the song, it bores me to death, and many others, and that's why it will not achieve the result Soldi had. Everybody has a different music taste, Italy might be one of your favourites this year but it doesn't speak to the hearts of many people here. Get over it. Everyone makes a mistake once in a while, and Italy also did it this year by not chosing at least 5 songs that were better in the NF. Try again next year.

Granger699

Wiwiblogs uploaded a video saying that this is also a competitor to win (even tho they said same bullshit about ten other participants) and people lost their shit like suddenly a decent song about love became an athem of revolution. Even tho its still like only 14th in the scoreboard. I love me some panic.

Last edited:

Nemo89

I wholeheartedly hope your country overcomes the dreadful situation in the country. But your Eurovision song is a cheap and boring pillowfest, and it will not even come close to winning the contest if Soldi came 2nd. I'm not gonna praise it just because your country is going through a difficult period these days.

I don't ask for your praise. After this talk, what profit would I get? I don't care at all. You made statements and I replied. I state that I do not believe that there is one song better than another, I think that art cannot be compared. Art is emotion and cannot be schematized. The important thing is that it is technically well made. But it's fun to watch the ESC on TV and so we do it. If you consider our hideous song it's your problem. I have seen the ESC win with worse songs. Technically we have nothing to learn from anyone. Then what would be the best songs? "Uno" of the Little Big? You know about music. Why don't you audition to enter a conservatory?

If we Italians sing "Fai rumore" to give us strength in this situation we do it because it makes us feel good and not to win your beloved show. But it seems that many like you are afraid of this situation.

I am not interested in your kind words, they are false. What you have expressed so far has been a serious lack of respect. You are the worthy friend of Alaska49 who blamed Coronavirus Italy days ago and ... strange case no moderator reacted. As long as you criticize the songs and joke among us it's okay but this goes beyond everything.

hijirio

Veteran
I don't ask for your praise. After this talk, what profit would I get? I don't care at all. You made statements and I replied. I state that I do not believe that there is one song better than another, I think that art cannot be compared. Art is emotion and cannot be schematized. The important thing is that it is technically well made. But it's fun to watch the ESC on TV and so we do it. If you consider our hideous song it's your problem. I have seen the ESC win with worse songs. Technically we have nothing to learn from anyone. Then what would be the best songs? "Uno" of the Little Big? You know about music. Why don't you audition to enter a conservatory?

You're a joke. Not a funny one. Not gonna comment any further. bye.

HayashiM

Veteran
Why are you even trying to explain it to me lol I just don't like the song, it bores me to death, and many others, and that's why it will not achieve the result Soldi had. Everybody has a different music taste, Italy might be one of your favourites this year but it doesn't speak to the hearts of many people here. Get over it. Everyone makes a mistake once in a while, and Italy also did it this year by not chosing at least 5 songs that were better in the NF. Try again next year.

You get this wrong. :it: placed 7th in the last ranking game's round, so Fai Rumore fares pretty well with people here. Sure, it ain't Soldi-like success, but it does much better than you present it to be.

Nemo89

Wiwiblogs uploaded a video saying that this is also a competitor to win (even tho they said same bullshit about ten other participants) and people lost their shit like suddenly a decent song about love became an athem of revolution. Even tho its still like only 14th in the scoreboard. I love me some panic.
I want to follow your reasoning. Explain to me what songs must win and why. I also want a technical and impartial comment.

Otherwise, each ESC song has its own chance of winning. We are talking about 41 good artists, the representatives of each country. I will never consider other songs shit. Maybe lately, when I have had to face unpleasant people, I have had to be more severe but I have always exposed my thoughts in a technical way.

Technically speaking, I consider Azerbaijan and Georgia as possible winners. The structure of both songs is very good.

Nemo89

You're a joke. Not a funny one. Not gonna comment any further. bye.
You have chosen to do the best thing. The more you open your mouth, the more damage you do. Finally a good choice.

Goodbye my darling, goodbye my love xviolin:lol:

hijirio

Veteran
A technical goodbye x

tenor.gif

mauve

Veteran
You have chosen to do the best thing. The more you open your mouth, the more damage you do. Finally a good choice.

Goodbye my darling, goodbye my love xviolin:lol:
Nemo, why don't you just push the "ignore"-button? I did it myself in one case here because the member was getting really impertinent. Since I pushed the button, I feel so much better. I can recommend it.

Nemo89

Nemo, why don't you just push the "ignore"-button? I did it myself in one case here because the member was getting really impertinent. Since I pushed the button, I feel so much better. I can recommend it.
Thanks Mauve xheart You are my guardian angel xangel You're absolutely right, blocking these people is the best choice. Talking to us what we want to achieve? When people are impertinent, any word is useless because there is no bridge for dialogue.

But I am different, I will never agree to bow anyone's head. Not if I am respectful and explain my reasons in a balanced way. It is these disturbers that corrode the liver, not me xbeach We Romans are like this, we like to play and the more people attack us with words, the more our comedy and fun grows.

Thanks again. You are among the best people on this forum xlove

Top Bottom