6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
It’s also interesting that some people like to talk about me. A lot.

Mainshow

Veteran
I made my mother listen to all songs without telling her the competing countries and Israel was her favourite one...

Dunno - maybe it's a :pl: 2016 scenario? - In a very loud/energetic GF, a formulaic ballad can massively shine?

han-g

I made my mother listen to all songs without telling her the competing countries and Israel was her favourite one...

Dunno - maybe it's a :pl: 2016 scenario? - In a very loud/energetic GF, a formulaic ballad can massively shine?
It was my Dad's favourite too (and he hates Israel right now, not an exaggeration) however his favourite last year was Azerbaijan and his favourites the year before (2022) were Switzerland and Germany. I think his opinions are more representative of an older generation that doesn't vote, so perhaps your mother's are too.

This is the most boring sh#t of the year
34th place :1:

HectorDM

This is a VERY strong entry from Israel, and I believe any dissent might stem from bias.
"Hurricane" would have fit seamlessly onto Demi Lovato's 2011 "Unbroken" album, and I'm absolutely ALL FOR IT!
I'm confidently throwing my hat in the ring with a prediction: an easy Top 5 finish in the Final for Israel this year.

han-g

I really don't get anyone calling this a strong entry, it's such a ballad by the numbers that it will lose all points on originality of the composition. Still Eden should get some jury points for vocals (i also hope she can evoke more emotion in her live vocal than is present in the studio track, and that she ad libs more throughout the song), and I expect Israel to bring good staging.

musicfan

I really don't get anyone calling this a strong entry, it's such a ballad by the numbers that it will lose all points on originality of the composition. Still Eden should get some jury points for vocals (i also hope she can evoke more emotion in her live vocal than is present in the studio track, and that she ad libs more throughout the song), and I expect Israel to bring good staging.
Kind of like the French song it's made more to highlight the vocal than to showcase decent fun/fresh music. Though there's the added disadvantage here of them incorporating a conflict into a song and trying to manipulate. The reason some hype it is either politics or because they like that kind of generic song.

Jupiter

This is a VERY strong entry from Israel, and I believe any dissent might stem from bias.

Oh please lol as if this kind of argument couldn't easily be turned around to say "such a formulaic, generic entry. I believe any appreciation might stem from political bias" (and tbh I do think some of the 12s on this poll are just as political as some of the 0s xshrug)

Yes, I think Israel should not be part of ESC this year. But I think the same about Azerbaijan, and that doesn't change that I like their Songs quite a bit (it's just kinda calming to me, and it has Ilkin. Ilkin is awesome). "Hurricane" is just genuiley a formulaic snoozefest, with pretty lame lyrics too. Israel will manage to elevate it on stage I think, but for now, it's a :2: for me (similar to "Mon Amour" btw, which I find overall more comparable - except for Slimane being vocally more impressive).

Sammy

Veteran
This shares a lot with „Brudges“ in terms of style, vibe, melodic material,… We‘ll see if people appreciate it as much.

crashworld

Veteran
This shares a lot with „Brudges“ in terms of style, vibe, melodic material,… We‘ll see if people appreciate it as much.

I beg to differ. "Bridges" sound kinda dated and your typical ESC ballad material. "Hurricane" sounds like a more up-to-date American pop ballad that you hear from the radio. The similarities are both are ballads with competent performers.

As for appreciation, we wouldn't know. If this does incredibly well, detractors will say Pro-Israel people are voting this out of "sympathy" and in solidarity and not truly an appreciation of the musicality of the song. Although both can still ring true.

b4ld3r

I don't gamble, but seeing the Israeli odds in the top 5 market makes reconsider lol. Free money

jatojo

It's a quality song, but the main problem is that what sounds like the build-up to something more interesting turns out to be the chorus.

crashworld

Veteran
I know Eurojury tends to get things wrong sometimes and has several limitations (ie. jury size, non-participating countries voting etc) but it somewhat gives a glance on how potentially a jury might vote.

While the website that is hosting this has intentionally not give the same coverage to Israel's entry, interestingly, Israel is ranked #7 overall. Makes me wonder all the talks about the juries potentially tanking Israel because of the ME conflict could be just noise.

I seriously hope juries would still rate it accordingly on its own merits without letting the politics influencing their "supposed"role of judging the song as it is and not because of their politics inclinations (ie. whether it's Pro-Israel or Pro-Palestine).

Last edited:
Top Bottom