43 21.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Iker

Veteran
I find this awkward.

Props to Ireland for not sending yet another forgettable, bland song but this one doesn't quite land for me. But actually with a few changes in the composition I'd find it pretty good - like making the transitions between different parts of the song less jarring with contrasting sounds blending into each other.

I really want to love it but I can't. Also I find her voice quite shaky live which doesn't help. I will soon listen to the studio track and judge it as well. Most sounded shite in that TV studio in previous years IIRC.

Whatever the fate of Doomsday Blue at the Eurovision - one thing is certain, people will talk about it. Irish entries usually don't get it this century. It's definitely the most dividing entry out of those revealed so far, even more than one from Estonia.

Last edited:

HarryUK

Veteran
I will be genuinely surprised if this does qualify purely because of the semi final you are in

Cathan

I will be genuinely surprised if this does qualify purely because of the semi final you are in
It's still going through, its better than Poland, Cyprus and anything Serbia will likely send (although Zorja could be strong) in its half and has the UK/Australia voting so should have enough. But feels like as usual we cant catch a break with these SF's draws.

Cathan

It feels like the buzz on this has died down a bit. Maybe just because a lot of other songs have been released since? Anyway I still think it's a safe qualifier.
Yeah it's still easily in bar a disaster. For me (with the assumption that Serbia pick Zorja which is the best song in their selection) Ireland would be comfortably 4th in the half its in. Ukraine, Lithuania & Croatia are guaranteed Q's and then I think Ireland are like 75-80%, should make it but not beyond the realm of possibility it could NQ.

HarryUK

Veteran
It's still going through, its better than Poland, Cyprus and anything Serbia will likely send (although Zorja could be strong) in its half and has the UK/Australia voting so should have enough. But feels like as usual we cant catch a break with these SF's draws.
UK diaspora will vote for Poland & Lithuania firstly, Ukraine will also be high, then the rest of the televotes is anyones guess. We do tend to vote for the joke acts as well because Brit's are Brits.

Cathan

UK diaspora will vote for Poland & Lithuania firstly, Ukraine will also be high, then the rest of the televotes is anyones guess. We do tend to vote for the joke acts as well because Brit's are Brits.
Traditionally only Lithuania beat's Ireland in the British TV and especially this year with the Irish entry being popular and the Polish one being very "meh". Ireland will at worst get 10 points, it would have to be a disaster like to get less.

HarryUK

Veteran
Traditionally only Lithuania beat's Ireland in the British TV and especially this year with the Irish entry being popular and the Polish one being very "meh". Ireland will at worst get 10 points, it would have to be a disaster like to get less.
I think that's very optimistic personally but we'll see!

I don't understand why Lithuania beats Poland normally to the UK diaspora's 12, there are far more Polish people here than Lithuanian. Maybe they just love Eurovision more :LOL:

Cathan

I think that's very optimistic personally but we'll see!

I don't understand why Lithuania beats Poland normally to the UK diaspora's 12, there are far more Polish people here than Lithuanian. Maybe they just love Eurovision more :LOL:
...Brooke and Ryan (who were not even that popular in the fandom) got 12 and 10 points...this is easily getting that amount. It's the same in Ireland, its probably a big reason why I'm confident Ireland will beat Poland is that they really need it to be a popular name/song for diaspora to come out which they did for Slavic Girls & Color of you're life but for acts like the 2024 one its unlikely they'll come out in droves hence why I think they'll get a modest number like 6-8 points.

theditz83

Veteran
Any idea why we don't have this on the official Eurovision YouTube channel yet? Is it because of the potato RTE sound quality? Cos someone already improved the sound quality of the live performance and uploaded it, so they need to just make it available already.

Chrisiam

I imagine they are waiting for a music video. Once they make one then that'll likely be what gets uploaded to the Youtube channel.

Rudeboy81

This is gonna sneak through the semi final in maybe 9th or 10th place. May get lost in the shuffle in the final. With all the other "quirky" acts. I Nice to see Ireland trying something alternative as they've sent really boring songs over the last 5 years or so

SAYAY

I am not quite sure how or what or why, but somehow Ireland has managed to become my guilty pleasure this year. :5:

SpiritofKeiino

Trying to understand why so many people have this in the NQ or borderline Q list? It got a generally good reaction when released, now people seem to be wavering on it. Personally I think it's a safe Q especially looking at some others in SF1.

I think it could surprise people on the night

ESC94

Trying to understand why so many people have this in the NQ or borderline Q list? It got a generally good reaction when released, now people seem to be wavering on it. Personally I think it's a safe Q especially looking at some others in SF1.

I think it could surprise people on the night

It could, but necessarily in a good way. :LOL:

Top Bottom