9 4.6%

11 5.6%

43 21.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

MAD20

Ladies and gentleman, we have a Eurosong virgin!
I must say I've followed the ones from previous years and the stage was also crap. But this year, someone said the stage would be in a different set, so I had (slightly) better expectations :ROFLMAO:

Sammy

Veteran
It's an absolutely dreadful musical composition I will not play or listen to ever again (gave me a migraine early Saturday 😆), and it's not even original for us who have wider historical knowledge of music (M. Manson met Billie Eilish, we've heard this when she was a baby).

However, as it is very conceptual, artistic and different, and it also brings new styles to Eurovision, it is absolutely what Eurovision needs a year after the juries had hacked the competition from the people to present the win to the most predictable, uninspiring and boring entry that Tattoo was.

Therefore, for the variety it gives to the competition, I gave this a 12 in the poll and I'll vote for this at least once. 🤣

Ireland, you have finally shown some true colors. This will be first time in years that we we won't press skip when we see Ireland 2024 coming in the medley. Good luck
so you‘re giving a (according to you) bad song, that is (according to you) not even original :12: points because it‘s different (which basically means original)?!? what now?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

so you‘re giving a (according to you) bad song, that is (according to you) not even original :12: points because it‘s different (which basically means original)?!? what now?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In Eurovision different doesn't mean original. It means it's just different from 23 other Swedish pop entries in the Grand Final. That's how low the standard of variety at Eurovision is 😁

I recommend widening music habits to different genres. Even watching MTV 90's channel might help the beginners. 😆

Sammy

Veteran
In Eurovision different doesn't mean original. It means it's just different from 23 other Swedish pop entries in the Grand Final. That's how low the standard of variety at Eurovision is 😁

I recommend widening music habits to different genres. Even watching MTV 90's channel might help the beginners. 😆
understood.
personally I don‘t give the highest score possible to songs I dont find good. Different for me is not a criteria for quality. As for your recommendation - totally agree with you. As long as it doesn‘t result in torture of course.:mrgreen:

rasmuslights

Veteran
It'll be very interesting to see how well this does.

I can see it finishing last in the semi or pull off a top 15 result.

It all depends on the staging and vocals.

The staging needs to be dark (and not this fairytale background), I also personally don't enjoy the costumey wardrobe. It looks too gimmicky.

understood.
personally I don‘t give the highest score possible to songs I dont find good. Different for me is not a criteria for quality. As for your recommendation - totally agree with you. As long as it doesn‘t result in torture of course.:mrgreen:

I sometimes rate things based on general value, not personal value.

Torture? Here it is, MTV's top 30 in the 90's

1. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
2. Michael Jackson - Thriller
3. Guns N' Roses - November Rain
4. Madonna - Vogue
5. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under the Bridge
6. Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
7. Boyz II Men - I'll Make Love To You
8. Van Halen - Jump
9. Alanis Morissette - Ironic
10. Madonna - Like A Virgin
11. Aerosmith - Janie's Got A Gun
12. Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
13. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
14. Pearl Jam - Jeremy
15. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
16. U2 - With Or Without You
17. Metallica - Enter Sandman
18. Puff Daddy w/Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
19. Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
20. Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But A "G" Thang
21. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
22. ZZ Top - Legs
23. Nine Inch Nails - Closer
24. Madonna - Like A Prayer
25. Run DMC w/ Aerosmith - Walk This Way
26. Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
27. Police - Every Breath You Take
28. Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me
29. Mariah Carey f/ Boyz II Men - One Sweet Day
30. INXS - Need You Tonight/Mediate

As you can see, all kinds of music were represented, pop, dance, r'n'b, hip hop, rap, rock, grunge, metal, alternative, mainstream, and these are all hits played even today on TV and radio

mauve

Veteran

4. Madonna - Vogue
8. Van Halen - Jump
14. Pearl Jam - Jeremy
22. ZZ Top - Legs

As you can see, all kinds of music were represented, pop, dance, r'n'b, hip hop, rap, rock, grunge, metal, alternative, mainstream, and these are all hits played even today on TV and radio
And there is even one of my alltime favorite song among these top 30 ... it's Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me. In general, the "Hysteria" album is still cult!

ESC94

I´m sorry but I have to stay with my initial reaction, it´s an exorcism turned into a song. Just disturbing and her voice isn´t my cup of tea at all. xscared

I didn´t expect this to happen this early but :ie: is my first :0: of the season, hate every second of it. It could qualify but it could also be the fanhype of the year that ulitmately flops hard in the semi like :pt: 2019.

Sammy

Veteran

4. Madonna - Vogue
8. Van Halen - Jump
14. Pearl Jam - Jeremy
22. ZZ Top - Legs

I wasn‘t referring to MTV, when I said torture. More on a general basis

shameless

My sister is the worst singer that I can imagine and this sounds like she would sing this. It feels like the evolution of Samanta Tina going full Raiven, Hatari and Nina Subletti but going for all the wrong things in it meaning it is an absolute artistic nightmarish catastrophe. :D I don't know if this will fare well with the televoting but no chance the jury will make it pass to the final. Last place with them incoming.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Ailsha's staging didn't come across well. I love her attitude and recognise she did her best, but the school theme of the staging looked amateurish...it was all a bit leprechauny or 'stage Irish' (Irish folk will know what I mean)
The act was great I thought. Ailsha's queer brother pointing at a blackboard with airplane arms as she bounced up and down the stage reciting the lyrics in babyvoice. ♥ it was pure insane asylum energy.

Of course, it had zero viability for Eurovision that way. (largely because Ailsha didn't sing at all for however short Go Tobann was ♥) Thank you for for sacrifice, queen, it will be remembered.

Cathan

My sister is the worst singer that I can imagine and this sounds like she would sing this. It feels like the evolution of Samanta Tina going full Raiven, Hatari and Nina Subletti but going for all the wrong things in it meaning it is an absolute artistic nightmarish catastrophe. :D I don't know if this will fare well with the televoting but no chance the jury will make it pass to the final. Last place with them incoming.
There are no juries in the SF :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom