9 4.6%

10 5.1%

43 21.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Bobjan FR

It's simply not melodic enough. You think the screamy part is a pre-chorus, but then she just goes back to a verse. The song is actually quite bad, but at least the artist tried to motivate her song in the choreography.
But the scream is a pre chorus. and the part after is the chorus.

... well, if you didn't notice, that's effectively a bad sign :/

Mainshow

Veteran
I gave it :0: points before but I listened to/watched the performance twice without having the urge to skip the entire thing and I absolutely adore her outfit, make-up and her dancers and the horrible vocal effects are gone (please get it revamped before May!).

So dunno, maybe :3: for now?

Synergise

I was so solidly rooting for Go Tobann based on the studio and it would have been my clear number 1 so far. But Bambi definitely was the stronger live package of the two riskier entries and I think Ireland have chosen correctly tonight.

jatojo

But the scream is a pre chorus. and the part after is the chorus.

... well, if you didn't notice, that's effectively a bad sign :/
I'm not sure it's the chorus, I think the song misses a chorus altogether. ;) As she said herself, she likes to mix genres, and that is hard if you want to make a song catchy as well. If you go from shouting to a light, piano-based element, then it gets a bit too disjointed, I think.

Tbh, I'm not a big fan of the mixed genre thing. It's become more and more popular at Eurovision though.

DirtyFalcon

I will reward this with :2:points for the risk Ireland finally decided to take and also because Bambie Thug has some charisma on stage. But for the rest, i'm sorry to say that but it sounds absolutely atrocious for my ears. It's not my cup of tea at all and the structure of the song confuses me so much. Ireland was 2 spots away from my Top 10 last year but this year more like 2 spots away from my last place.

I bims

Veteran
I'm so happy Ireland didn't go with a basic ass pop song but this will NQ lol
"Go tobann" was a messy performance but with solid staging it would've worked better for the Eurovision setting, could've seen it qualify. But "Doomsday Blue" is coming across as too pretentious, very much goth art student vibes.

:4: points
Ireland, this will be your Blood and Glitter kinda moment.

MAD20

Wise choice from Ireland, time to go camp and try new things in the contest. Hope this translates into a Q, cause it has good potential for a great performance in Malmö. :7: points for now.

PlasticToad

I am SO unbelievably happy right now, and even happier that I'll be going to Malmo in May under my Irish passport. I would LOVE to be delusional enough to say this could come top 10, but realistically I'm just hoping Bambie ends up in the semi that the UK can vote in so they can rely on neighbour votes to bolster the "weird" votes and get them to qualify. Fat :12: from me!!!

Btw, I am going to do the Annoying Thing and point out to everyone that Bambie uses they/them pronouns - unfortunately the panel tonight weren't the best at recognising this but I'd like to give the first out non-binary contestant in Eurovision the respect they deserve.

njdevils94

Veteran
Not a fan of this at all but it was one of the better stagings tonight. She's got a lot of work to do to make this work in Malmo including vocally. Personally I see a :lv: 2022 type result coming at the moment.

theditz83

Veteran
I can't remember a single moment of the winning song itself. Only the make up, and the outfits, and the movement.

People will talk about it, but I think it veers just a little too far beyond approachable for casual viewers. I just imagine a continent of confused faces, and side-eyes across living rooms, wondering what the heck they've just watched.

Something different... But in this case, different still needs more of a familiar or noticeable hook to work.

Top Bottom