11 5.6%

43 21.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Ezio

Veteran
Ireland 12 points if they send Scully with her song "Mulder, where are you?" (Through the storm I call your name)

anto475

So RTÉ announced their new season yesterday and Dancing With The Stars will be back! Kealy has said in the past that the choice for him, as Head of Live Entertainment, has been an NF or DwtS, and I guess this confirms that we won't have an NF.

ESC94

So RTÉ announced their new season yesterday and Dancing With The Stars will be back! Kealy has said in the past that the choice for him, as Head of Live Entertainment, has been an NF or DwtS, and I guess this confirms that we won't have an NF.

Too bad, the delusional comments of the clueless jury about how great each song is were pure comedy gold. :ROFLMAO:

Shaney1995

RTE making DWTS is just a joke. Cancel that show already. Its cringe and can't compare to the UK version (strictly come dancing). Many irish go on the UK version as it is. Same with when we had the Voice Ireland and the good singers went on the Voice UK.

RTE could really make a quality entertainment programme where we select a Voice of the nation for eurovision .. but nah .. generic UK rip offs instead

Mainshow

Veteran
Hopefully, this utterly garbage of a "NF" has been axed.
I'm sorry to say this.. especially since I'm part of the "power to the people" folks but the Irish national final has been the worst European national final for two years in a row.

Just hope that the committee internally choosing the entrant/entry consists of competent people.

Looren

Veteran
I'm sorry to say this.. especially since I'm part of the "power to the people" folks but the Irish national final has been the worst European national final for two years in a row.

Fair, but let's not forget it was probably one of the most entertaining ones, especially this year :lol: :lol:

MopManMoss

Veteran

Just hope that the committee internally choosing the entrant/entry consists of competent people.
All that is going to change is that Patrick Kielty will be the host instead of Ryan Tubridy, RTE has had a big scandal involving money there is next to no chance that a new and soley dedicated NF tv show is going to be approved with the amount of eyes on our broadcaster

Shaney1995

All that is going to change is that Patrick Kielty will be the host instead of Ryan Tubridy, RTE has had a big scandal involving money there is next to no chance that a new and soley dedicated NF tv show is going to be approved with the amount of eyes on our broadcaster
It would be absolutely hilarious if despite RTEs best efforts we actually pull off a great song this year (against their intentions) and win. They'd have to host in 2025 with the pressure of the public and government on them considering the millions they've been conning the tax payer out of for years. Pressure to put on a good show but also to find the cash since they've had it for other things and to avoid going over budget at the same time. I'd laugh so hard.

HarryUK

Veteran
The Irish NF is funnier than Mrs Brown's Boys so you'd better have one!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
RTE making DWTS is just a joke. Cancel that show already. Its cringe and can't compare to the UK version (strictly come dancing). Many irish go on the UK version as it is. Same with when we had the Voice Ireland and the good singers went on the Voice UK.

RTE could really make a quality entertainment programme where we select a Voice of the nation for eurovision .. but nah .. generic UK rip offs instead

I was always under the impression that them sorts of shows (the voice etc) were collabed in both countries. I remember x Factor some years having auditions in Dublin even.

HarryUK

Veteran
I was always under the impression that them sorts of shows (the voice etc) were collabed in both countries. I remember x Factor some years having auditions in Dublin even.
They broadcast most British TV shows like EastEnders, Love Island, Big Brother, I'm a Celeb and Bake Off because they had to pay Ryan Tubridy's salary so all they could afford was tubs of Meridian Peanut Butter

Marcos C

One of the most famous of those Irish singers who auditioned in Dublin for The X Factor UK is Niall Horan. You probably know him as a member of One Direction, which was formed during the seventh season of the show in 2010.

Top Bottom