12 5.2%

53 23.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

slatka

Bambie doesn't strike me as someone who would be that bothered by pronouns tbh
I'm pretty sure they referred to themselves as "she" or "her" in an interview/press conference that I saw just recently..
Has Bambie actually said which pronouns they actually prefer or if they care at all? Actually a question, not trying to be a smartass here..
Their tiktok bio has some weird neo pronouns listed and then they/them.. not sure about preference though

Jupiter

Bambie doesn't strike me as someone who would be that bothered by pronouns tbh
I'm pretty sure they referred to themselves as "she" or "her" in an interview/press conference that I saw just recently..
Has Bambie actually said which pronouns they actually prefer or if they care at all? Actually a question, not trying to be a smartass here..
Bambie has said their pronouns are they/them, but if someone uses she/her, it doesn't bother them as long as it doesn't feel malicious (afair from an interview I saw before).

Honestly there seem to be quite varying interpretations of non-binary, which isn't unusual for a relatively new and complex topic. It mostly just needs some grace with one another, and it really wouldn't need to be the weirdly devisive topic it is. As for "witch" and non-binary not going together: witches being 100% female or not might differ between cultures (similar to them being always evil or not). But it's 2024, I think we can accept "witch" being a term man can use, after all women once weren't allowed to be doctors & co and thankfully we're past that too ;)

crals

Is that so hard to get? You cannot say at the same time: I‘m neither man NOR woman (=NON-BINARY) and simultaniously: I‘m a woman (which is a BINARY notion) . It‘s not about certain „elements“.
It‘s like saying: I‘m gay but I’m exclusively attracted to women. LOL

I‘m defitely done here.
The whole point of being NB is to be free from gender "rules". You are mad at Bambie for doing exactly that.

Grinch

When Hera won the NF (after all that Bashar Murad drama) people were talking about how there is no anti-vote in Eurovision (unlike :is: NF super final). I think :ie: might collect Pro-Palestine votes and end up with crazy high TV.

Sammy

Veteran
The whole point of being NB is to be free from gender "rules". You are mad at Bambie for doing exactly that.

I’m not mad at all! Where donyountake that from?
Don‘t get personal if you have no argument. This is not about me, it’s about logic. probably read the whole discussion and you understand what I meant.

If NB was about being free from gender rules, why are there so many rules imposed in connection with it? see my answer to Mainshow above for that matter.

Anyway this discussion is getting to
the usual point where I have to repeat myself over and over again and people dont really come with counter arguments so: that’s it. I’m done.

shameless

When Hera won the NF (after all that Bashar Murad drama) people were talking about how there is no anti-vote in Eurovision (unlike :is: NF super final). I think :ie: might collect Pro-Palestine votes and end up with crazy high TV.
Just for the sake that they would take away the crown from Sweden again just one year after being dethroned and all the WTF-iy that would go along with its happening I want that to happen now (imagine the Ireland of nowaways Late Late Late Late show hosting LOL).

Lance Esgard

No, sorry, you’re wrong. A witch has always been exclusivly female. It‘s a female archetype. (Look it up at C.G. Jung or any relevant research about litterary iconography). Just saying it isn‘t, is no argument. Male performers of witchcraft are called differently (sorcerer, wizzard, even witcher - clearly marked with the male r-morpheme to differenciate) and the forms of witchcraft performed by males also differ largely from the traditional female forms.
Prove me wrong on this, but I doubt you can.

There IS no way out of the dilemma Bambie created here.
It looks like my awareness of Sammy's earlier post has come too late for this reply to be helpful given recent postings, but nonetheless in Neopagan traditions, detached to the other historical usage of the word 'witch,' there is considerable evidence it has been used to apply to males.

There are direct quotes to this end that can be found by looking at the Wikipedia article for 'Neopagan Witchcraft' . For example, the male Roy Bowers declared, "I am a witch descended from a family of witches." Wiccans have used definitions of witchcraft contrary and separate to the historical and anthropological understandings that Sammy is familiar with and has noted. It is possible that Bambie Thug has been influenced by such Wiccan understandings as opposed to other ones.

But outside of this context, 'witch' has not been exclusively female (though this has been virtually true at various times and places and has been actively asserted as such in some contents, i.e. Ancient Rome). There is a relatively famous example: J.R.R. Tolkien has the character of the Witch-king of Angmar, who is male (and is not simply a ruler of female witches). This choice is likely connected to The Saga of Hromund Gripsson, a legendary Norse saga that features as an antagonist the undead witch-king Þráinn, who again, is not a ruler of witches but a masterful wielder of magic. (Such examples may have helped inform Neopagan redefinitions).

One final note is that if anyone has been thinking, 'what about witch doctors? Aren't they male?' They are different in that the term referred to them being doctors one goes to in response to the work of witchcraft and so etymologically isn't necessarily referring to male witches...but in contemporary societies where witch doctors still exist or are referred to in anthropological context the etymological distinction may well not be something they are aware of and so witch doctors may be thought of as male witches.

Sabrewulf238

Just for the sake that they would take away the crown from Sweden again just one year after being dethroned and all the WTF-iy that would go along with its happening I want that to happen now (imagine the Ireland of nowaways Late Late Late Late show hosting LOL).

Eurovision 2025 just gets incorporated into an extra long Late Late Show special.

Zeus

So we have:

- Pro-palestine people
- Satanic/emo people
- Harry Potter fans
- Non-binary/trans people
- People who hate religious right wing conservatives whining about this
- Horror movie fans
- Witches

Such a hot mix of potential voter groups.

Fluke

So we have:

- Pro-palestine people
- Satanic/emo people
- Harry Potter fans
- Horror movie fans
- Witches

Don't forget anyone who wants extreme/alternative music genres in Eurovision, whether they actually like the song or not.

MopManMoss

Veteran
So we have:

- Pro-palestine people
- Satanic/emo people
- Harry Potter fans
- Horror movie fans
- Witches

I'm not sure I fit into any of those

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm not sure I fit into any of those

Didn't you once create an account on NRK that was a gender neutral person called Clog? I'm sure you could fit that into the list somehow

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom