Contact us

Interview with Jamala about a political message in her song

Alaska49

omg the protest song contest xheart if people don't get the difference between the content of 1944 and something named "put put putin" then they are either politically biased themselves or just plain dumb

Musicosity

There are directly politic songs which were disqualified before, and 1944 is not one of them. Change the title, change the chorus to English from Crimean Tatar, and no one would get it was about Crimean people pushed to migration in WWII, since it could be about a reaction to every war happened. I don't think you understood my first comment which differentiated which kind of politics would not be allowed.

But the song is titled 1944 and the chorus lyrics are written in Crimean Tatar. That's reality, and you cannot deny it.

And btw. for the moment I'll just ignore what you write but your sig is now also violating forum rule #11. You are not only disrespecting the EBU rules for the contest but the forum rules as well. Why do you think Matt put those in place? To get pushed aside by you because you want to decide all by yourself what this forum is good for?

Verjamem

The unjust side is the lunatic fans crying more than Dami and Sergey, who are 2nd and 3rd for God's sake! People are reacting this intensely just because they did not like the song or the country winning. This is delusional.
No, there accusations already, when she won Ukrainian NF.

Alaska49

your sig is now also violating forum rule #11.
the fact you think her signature actually violates that rule is further evidence that you don't really understand what an explicit political message is. there is no dialogue to be had with you.

Verjamem

if people don't get the difference between the content of 1944 and something named "put put putin" then they are either politically biased themselves or just plain dumb
Or maybe they're just a bit clever and can get other, "hidden" meaning of song. Political entries can't be obvious. I really don't know, what Georgia was thinking, when they sent that :p

Top Bottom