10 7.8%

13 10.1%

10 7.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

0scar

I'm disappointed it isn't Sigga as she was my favourite of this selection but yes most probably people voted against Bashar. Real risk with having a superfinal consisting out of just 2 songs

Realest

Well that is disappointing. As much as people felt Bashar was political I feel Hera winning is also political as some people decided she was the best chance to beat Bashar. If we weren't going to have Wild West I wish we would have had Sigga Ósk and THAT is where I dumped my votes in the first voting.

Hope all the Hera voters are happy that we won't be making it out of our semi final now.

I do put some responsibility on Bashar and his words before the final vote closed. As soon as he said that I knew people would be picking up their phones again for Hera.

What did he say?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm peeved with myself I dragged my caffeine addict ass downstairs at the wrong time so I missed the mother of all national final upsets. What just happened? They picked a song for @theCONWEL to enjoy whilst doing his weekly Sainsbury's shop. Well, that's one very strong positive I can't ignore at least.

Ringdalen

Can we bet anywhere on where Iceland will be on the beating odds tomorrow morning?

Sammy

Veteran
What did he say?
I can’t quote it exactly. He was thanking Iceland for making it possible to represent his people and Palestine who currenty face extinction and suffer a lot. Something like that. At least that‘s what I retained.

Romeo

I'm happy. This wasn't my favourite song of the contest but put of the final two Hera is by far my preference!!!

LivingOrganism

Never been a fan of Wild West, not because of the drama, I just find the song boring. This one is somehow even worse, sounds like a cheap ripoff of The Mamas. I guess a :3: from me, just because it's at least listenable and not trauma-inducing (yeah Spain I'm looking at you) :lol:

Stina

I don't want to misquote so when I can get the replay I will be precise but the gist was he made it about doing it for Palestine and then tacked on of course Iceland as well. Like he was pandering very well for the Icelandic voters who might pick his song and were not interested in politics and then he kind of blew it there.

It wasn't anything horrible or controversial. It was just enough to lose some voters you might have got.

Kruto

0 points for a song so inoffensive that it becomes offensive to me.

Neely

Hmm, well looks like politics elevated and then ultimately crushed Bashar. Blankiflúr was my favourite alas so had no stake in this final but a shame that the songs weren't just judged on merit. Happy to move on from the whole saga,

Top Bottom