14 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Iceland-scaled.jpg

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Different languages have different vibes/moods tbh, at least to me. Of course not all languages can work like that. For example some Italian songs would sound far more basic in English. Icelandic sounded way more melodic in some of the NF songs than English does, especially for "Oculis Videre" where it sounded almost like some kind of Elvish language. But oh well...

I don't have a problem with songs performed in English, but some songs really do benefit from singing in the native language.

Mrm

Veteran
If she wins it doesnt mean she will keep in English, she can opt for the language later..

Mainshow

Veteran
I listen to Oculis Videre and it's amazing in both languages!

I agree with you. However, I think that the Icelandic version was more spectacular, though, you know, adding some mysterious "Lord of the Rings" vibes to it.

Halldor

Think About Things' Icelandic version was written in about 5 minutes for the sole purpose of satisfying Songvakeppnin's entry rules. It's probably the same case for the other three English songs in the final.

This is true, Both Meet me halfway and Echo got a different lyricist for their icelandic versions simply cause it's mandatory to have it in icelandic, same with Daði as you said

Kitakaze

I wish Daði had a stronger song I could get behind because the performance is so entertaining and refreshing. Where Oculis Videre is dark and static, Gagnamagnið is vibrant, fun and inviting. Can’t see how he wouldn’t win the televote at this stage.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Oh my god, this thread is a MESS

tuorem

I wish Daði had a stronger song I could get behind because the performance is so entertaining and refreshing. Where Oculis Videre is dark and static, Gagnamagnið is vibrant, fun and inviting. Can’t see how he wouldn’t win the televote at this stage.

He lost to Svala in 2017, so you never know. :ROFLMAO:

Kitakaze

Indeed though only just, I remember he wasn’t considered a contender at the time but he very nearly won the jury vote in the final. His songs seem to come alive on stage. I just hope Iva can wow us a bit more next weekend.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Nobody cares about what Daði does. In the meanwhile, Iva decided to keep her song in Icelandic for the final. I can't wait for the moment when "Oculis videre" will win ESC with 1000 points xheart

Loindici

Veteran
Nobody cares about what Daði does. In the meanwhile, Iva decided to keep her song in Icelandic for the final. I can't wait for the moment when "Oculis videre" will win ESC with 1000 points xheart

You dare saying that while Dađi goes viral in the UK and I can't acCEPT THAT xangry

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Mainshow

Veteran

YEEES! She's indeed performing the Icelandic version!

Let's celebrate, @Gera11 @tuorem @Edweis

Mimmon

Veteran
Top Bottom