15 8.5%

22 12.4%

19 10.7%

33 18.6%

52 29.4%

• Total voters

ShoeFlo

Re: ICELAND 2018

What the hell Iceland? Seriously!? Almost all songs sounds like they are written in the 90s, and at least four are pretentious, badly written, hopeless peace songs that makes me wanna go find a bucket to throw up in! xpuke
Not much to choose from. "Gold Digger" is pretty fun, but don't we have many cute guys singing pop-funk songs now in selections? This might be the weakest in genre so far. "Here For Your" has two great singers, but the song doesn't have a chorus and just doesn't stick. I guess I have to say that "Battleline" is the best in the bunch, memorable chorus, pretty old-fashioned, the lyrics are pretentious shit basically, but I remember it. Though Iceland missing the final a third time in a row...well I can totally see it. :(

It would be the fourth time in a row. After Maria Olafs, Greta and Svala

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

After reading the comments and looking at the line-up I dont even feel like listening to the songs xfacepalm

I think "Í stormi" is something you'd find passable at least (only in Icelandic though as the English lyrics are dodgy). It's a shame as Iceland is a special place, but these songs have none of the magic we know this country is capable of.

cripesdude

Iceland is normally one of my top Eurovision countries... I've listened to all 12 songs and I can't even be bothered to rank them :(

No songs are bad, but they are all just ok and, well, boring. Maybe a great performance might turn one around... but if Iceland didn't qualify with Maria (xheart), Greta or Svala, I suspect Iceland won't qualify again with this selection.

I long for an Icelandic eurovision!

ES2011

Another :is: fan joining the group to report his disappointment for the revealed songs, this is just really really weak.

I've like every single entry Iceland has ever send since I really started watching again in 2011, but I'm struggling finding even one song I like from this bland bunch.
None of the songs have the elements I like so much about Iceland: mysterious, magic, haunting and different.
I guess Brosa (With You) is the only song of these worth mentioning and with any potential that I would start to like it after a couple of listens.

MyHeartIsYours

I don't think these songs are bad at all?!? They're not exactly Grammy award winning but I don't know what people expected lol.

I'm going for Guðmundur, proper nice tune and very good for Eurovision. I like Ari too.

Kitakaze

As with Norway, a disappointing selection, although With You (Brosa) is a stand out. Gorgeous song. Exquisite vocals.

JonnyWest

What the hell Iceland? You can do so much better! Most of these songs sound the same... I guess they could pick ''Gold digger'' since it's fun and catchy (even tho it's a copycat)

Mrm

Veteran

I have just checked lives of qualifiers:

As i expected Heimilistónar – “Kúst og fæjó” is brilliant! LOL
These women and the whole team put the smile n my face..
And the mouth accordion..I really want this in Lisbon! :D

And my second fave is in as well..Fókus hópurinn – “Aldrei gefast upp”
But I prefer them in English a lot, it so cheesy in positive way ! :p :D
This is for big stage festival lke ESC more than this NF stage…they can shine in Eurovision style.. vocals are good. :)

Ari Ólafsson – “Heim” – meeeehe i just hope Iceland will skip this, I beg you for your good..this is boring as hell..”Kula” it is not…nor he is Ott Lapland! :?
Gosh how disturbing and annoying he sounds in the chorus..

DaFlo

Banned

BLESS how no one here at all cared for this semi xrofl2

Qualifiers
Ari Ólafsson
Heimilistónar
Fókus hópurinn

CPV4931

Just listened to the three qualifiers, "Aldrei gefast upp" sounds quite good.

Mrm

Veteran

BLESS how no one here at all cared for this semi xrofl2

Qualifiers
Ari Ólafsson
Heimilistónar
Fókus hópurinn

Maybe if they knew smth like this will be there, wont do so!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WTF! xrofl3xrofl3

Sammy

Veteran

Ari needs to work on that one high note.... :lol:
But he is VERY charming on stage. What a nice smile!

Top Bottom