11 5.2%

3 1.4%

19 9.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
iceland.jpg

Tinchey

Something a bit alternative and distant... but not as dull as Sean's suggestions. :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Olafur Arnaldsxheat

God his music is beautiful. If he were to compose a song for someone, that would be just wonderful.

I'd like to see the fantabulous John Grant, who this year helped write the lyrics for Pollaponk. I gather that he now resides in Iceland.

He's so good. Usually an artist like this i'd think would never do it but he's contributed to the contest this year in a small way so who knows. He may like to take part himself. He's a bit of a joker as well so would probably enter and see the light side of it all.

tsegaye

I hope Iceland sends something like this and top their two second places to take eurovision to Reykjavik 2016 :D

Fluke

I'd love to see something like the ICELANDIC version of Mundu Eftir Mer.... with those weird ancient-sounding vocal harmonies and scraping fiddle :p

ShoeFlo

great band :cool:
probably not appropriate for ESC, but I love it. there is so much yearning in this song

furthermore I think it would be consequently if Ásgeir Trausti will participate, since he is the most talented young singer in Iceland. This year he made his first steps abroad with English versions of his songs, so I think he could have his international breakthrough soon. ESC would be helpful :D My favorite songs are "Dyrð i dauðaþögn" and "Leyndermál" ... He has a very sensitive and versatile voice, he can sing high-pitched sounds. I like it very much. He is surely not one of the artists who is endangered to fail because of bad voice

In addition Of monsters and men is always good for great songs and they have international popularity

Moreover I'd like to see Þorunn Antonia performing for Iceland, especially for optical reasons

xlove

Sean

Admin
Staff member
This Ásgeir guy seems pretty good too! But he seems quite successful in the Icelandic charts, would he consider it?

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I swear Iceland's awesome music per capita is higher than any other country!

Lolinna

I would be so ecstatic if Asgeir Trausti would consider taking part, but I highly doubt he would. He is a fantastic musician, but in interviews and even on stage he is shy and doesn't like much attention. I think that Eurovision Song Contest would be a bit too much for him :D

I love him doing this cover of Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box, he surely did put his fingerprint on it.

Something similar to King and Cross would be just fine for the contest;)

galih

I tweeted about Iceland's National pre-selection to Sin Fang, Olafur Arnalds, and Mum (all of whom are my favourite Icelandic artist), and so far only Sin Fang retweeted and favourited it. I hope this means something.. Well it sounds like I exaggerate it, but as a Eurovision fan, I was pretty thrilled when my favourite artist responded to my Eurovision kinda tweet..

toinou03

I would be so ecstatic if Asgeir Trausti would consider taking part, but I highly doubt he would. He is a fantastic musician, but in interviews and even on stage he is shy and doesn't like much attention. I think that Eurovision Song Contest would be a bit too much for him :D

I love him doing this cover of Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box, he surely did put his fingerprint on it.

OH la la !
France is already in love with Asgeir ! xlove

Cyberbliss

Asgeir, Mum, Sin Fang... they're damn good, but I can't really figure them on the ESC stage. I would be really surprised and thrilled if they would make it. But I don't think it will happen. I have a feeling that Iceland will rely on something milder this year, something in line with Yohanna

ES2011

wow, never heard of Asgeir before i saw it here and it's really really good. I listened to some other songs of him and he is an amazing artist. I would go crazy it this would represend Iceland in eurovision, but honestly that is not the right stage for him. I think his songs will be overlooked, an i actually believe that Asgeir is too good for a contest like this.

I'm still expecting a great song from :is: this year like every year. They have been in my top 10 for 5 years in a row now ;)

Top Bottom