Contact us

How will Christer Björkman ruin this year's contest?

Charly

Allowing China to participate

Björnman can ruin next edition in many ways. Heres what I think he can do.

• Every country outside EBU are allowed to compete.
  • Björkman will introduce a new rule that every song have to be written and composed by swedes only.
  • Björkman will have complete control over the running order. The entries will not be drawn in first or second half of the running order, Björkman will make the order who flavor HIM (He will make sure Sweden will get the best draw again for these corrupt juries)
  • The hosting will be the cheapest and lasiest ever in the contest. The next edtion will be hosted in a camping place near Arlanda airport.
  • The all vocals of the live-performences will be 100% prerecorded. The artists just have to mime though their performence.
  • The results will be secretly 100% juryvotes, but the producers will trick you to televote just for the money. Each country will just contain one jury instead of five who are inexperienced and easily manipulated to make the votes as corrupt as possible.
  • The winner will be revealed just after when the televoting has ended. There will be no showcase how the countries has voted, but instead the hosts (probably prerecorded hosts in front of an camera) will only reveal which country who has won the juryvote. Full results will be remain hidden from the public.

Thats what I came up with, but thats many more ways how Björkman can ruin the whole competition.

lilka

Björnman can ruin next edition in many ways. Heres what I think he can do.

• Every country outside EBU are allowed to compete.
  • Björkman will introduce a new rule that every song have to be written and composed by swedes only.
  • Björkman will have complete control over the running order. The entries will not be drawn in first or second half of the running order, Björkman will make the order who flavor HIM (He will make sure Sweden will get the best draw again for these corrupt juries)
  • The hosting will be the cheapest and lasiest ever in the contest. The next edtion will be hosted in a camping place near Arlanda airport.
  • The all vocals of the live-performences will be 100% prerecorded. The artists just have to mime though their performence.
  • The results will be secretly 100% juryvotes, but the producers will trick you to televote just for the money. Each country will just contain one jury instead of five who are inexperienced and easily manipulated to make the votes as corrupt as possible.
  • The winner will be revealed just after when the televoting has ended. There will be no showcase how the countries has voted, but instead the hosts (probably prerecorded hosts in front of an camera) will only reveal which country who has won the juryvote. Full results will be remain hidden from the public.

Thats what I came up with, but thats many more ways how Björkman can ruin the whole competition.

Shhhh! Helping him was not the best idea. :lol:

LoveHate

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they use prerecorded backing vocals in MF? He'll probably at least try to make that change. That would be Björktastic (=terrible).

revallsay

I wish Christer Björkman retired. He will accept only dull ballads and reject gems like he did back in Cyprus. Sweden will be winning every year with each-year-even-more-pointer-from-both-juries-and-the-televoters songs. Eurovision will become WorldVision and Björkman will fire Jan Ola Sand and will become The Supreme Head Of The Eurovision Song Contest. Beware!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I actually wonder if he knows how much he is hated?

lowyby

Maybe he'll drop the Big 5 to replace them with the Big Scandinavia: Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden & Finland get annual free qualification!

Vittra

xboring He will probably let Australia to compete permanently

There are plans to expand ESC and allow Australia to compete permanently according to Jan Ola Sand in THIS article. The EBU is going to discuss it. Björkman seems rather hesitant, actually.

Quent91

But how can Bjorkman make such important decisions when he is only the producer of the show when it's in Sweden (2013 and 2016) ? The real big boss is Jan Ola Sand, no ?

But how can Bjorkman make such important decisions when he is only the producer of the show when it's in Sweden (2013 and 2016) ? The real big boss is Jan Ola Sand, no ?

I also think that SVT's hosting in 2000 which really boosted eurovision technologically is why EBU have so much tolerance of Sweden. Its seems that EBU will do anything what Björkman want. Björkman will at some point turn eurovision into a much worse cringefest than what Melodifestivalen currently is. If the music-industry allow swedish executives to take more space, then the whole music-industry worldwide will go for the same path as eurovision under Björkmans leadership. Jan Ola Sand is just a puppet for everything Björkman decides for the competition.

paddyirl

I do worry about the possibility of allowing pre-recorded vocals so he can create some trashy MF on steroids.

lowyby

Weren't there talks about loosening up the 3 minute rule to aprox. 3m20?
And I wouldn't mind to allow 8 people on stage...

Those are the only allowable rule changes IMO
Prerecorded background vocals would be a blasmephy

Top Bottom