Contact us

How to pronounce your NSC nation's name?

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Saying "Dwar" is an executable offence in Doire. We can tolerate Doy-re, Door and Do-ee-reh.
Mille excuses xbow
But what can I say, while you all are trying your best to pronounce these names in a somehow English way, I decided to throw all pretense out of the window and do what French do best : be our language purist pompous selves

Rmetr0

I tried to pronounce in Svobodnian Russian way 🙃
(With several guesses on translations where possible)
...and some more translation guesses ahah

Last edited:

Yoni

I tried to pronounce in Svobodnian Russian way 🙃
(With several guesses on translations where possible)
...and some more translation guesses ahah
I was expecting Chyornia :lol: mostly since it's inspired from the color in Russian

Rmetr0

I was expecting Chyornia :lol: mostly since it's inspired from the color in Russian
Oh, really? :D
"Blackia", niceeeeeeee
Yeah, I had that association in my head but had no idea it's for real :lol:

Rmetr0

I'd like to make a pronunciation update for current roster and waiting list :D
This is, again, a Svobodnian way of pronouncing, it is not supposed to be totally correct, it's just the way we, Svobodnians, pronounce them :geek: (+ some words like "islands", "empire", "and" are translated)
+

And also here is something more from me. All the current roster and waiting list nations written using Tarkanian alphabet! Yeah, Tarkanian is one of the official languages in Svobodnia and it is supposed to be a native language of another country in my alternative universe together with Svobodnia – Tarkania. And not that long ago I finally came up with an alphabet for it (while I was bored/tired at work, ngl :LOL:). There are still no authentic Tarkanian words tho, just an alphabet. So, all the nations' names are written in phonetic manner, closer to how we would pronounce them in English. I know, it may be hard to understand those letters, but you can try to guess what sounds each of them represents ;)

roster and waiting list atm just in case it changes

Æf+knee+are

Top Bottom