Contact us

How sounds this language?

sannerz

R3gg13; That girl is hilarious! :lol:
And it's not just young Californian people that shorten words like that, I(and my friends) do too. :p
I really can't tell much of a difference in American accents except between Bostonian, Brooklyn, Southern, and then normal American accents...

And I never really liked French much, but every time I think of French as a language, I think of hot guys who are "speakers" or "talkers" in bed. ;)
So, I guess I find French hot. :oops:

94ayd

From the ones mentioned so far: German is really cool! It's quite melodic, IMO, though the scary "R" leaves an impression of a serial killer. :lol: I prefer British dialects, as opposed to American, as they sound way more colourful. I also really like the New Zealand ones and the Austrialian ones aren't bad, either. French is just magnificent! Sounds really sofisticated, Just love how twisted everything is and yeah, the nasal sounds are just awesome! :D

I propose we continue with PORTUGUESE! That one is really distinct.

r3gg13

R3gg13 And it's not just young Californian people that shorten words like that, I(and my friends) do too. :p

I thought that was a Cali thing, forealz. Word shortening ftw!! :lol:

@Andrea:
Portuguese is my all time favorite language, it's so sexy and nasal and there's a lot of "sh" sounds. I love it!

Yamarus

If I had to learn another Latin language next to Spanish, I think I would choose Portuguese, it's very distinctive.

CC92

I like French, it sounds very soft and the French speak, as we say in Dutch, through their noise. :) German I don't find hard to speak really, because it's very similar to Dutch. although I would probably make a million grammar mistakes, I guess they would still get the message. It was quite funny, I had an exchange program in the past with a German school and we could understand what they were talking about if they spoke in German, but it wasn't that way vice versa. :)

Have they even learnt Dutch at this school? It is not common and I have not either (probably they do in border areas). Anyway, if I read a dutch text I will usually get all of what is written in it. Pronounciation actually also is not difficult but in a conversation it might be too fast. Dutch reminds me very strong of North German dialects and Plattdeutsch.

Yamarus

To me, Portuguese and Spanish are the same :oops: I can't tell the difference :(

Really?? Portuguese is quite easy to catch with the "sh" sound.

seb89

Lol, I kinda understand Quent :p. When they speak it's obvious, but written can be quite confusing. During my first year Spanish, I was in the library and I thought well let's read a spanish magazine. I thought it was quite different Spanish, that I learned during my classes. Suddenly my Spanish teacher stood next to me and he said 'Do you know Portuguese", apparently I was reading a Portuguese magazine :s.

Kicker

Today I searched in the internet how the german language sounds for other people... and... is it true that German sounds like Russian?

seb89

Today I searched in the internet how the german language sounds for other people... and... is it true that German sounds like Russian?

For me not at all :eek:! German sounds like German lol.

MyHeartIsYours

It doesnt sound like Russian to me, but I have several German/Austrian lecturers and tutors at University, and I was surprised about how 'soft' they sound (when speaking English anyway). As for what the language is like - it is fairly unique I think German, I can always tell when someone is speaking it. The only one I get it mixed up with is Dutch, now they do sound very similar!
The languages that do sound like Russian are all the ex-Soviet countries and the Balkans, especially Bulgarian there. I wouldnt know any difference between them unless I was told.

seb89

Sorry :p, for me German sounds like German lol. If I hear people speak German, I automatically know it's German :).

It does sound like Limburgish (which I speak) a lot, if you ever heard of that dialect :)? Besides that, German sometimes sounds like an aggressive version of Dutch :).

And I can say, that for foreigners a Flemish/Limburgish accent sounds like German.

So does this help :p?

Last edited:

nikolay_BG

Banned
The languages that do sound like Russian are all the ex-Soviet countries and the Balkans, especially Bulgarian there. I wouldnt know any difference between them unless I was told.

Bulgarian is a hard sounding language, russian is a soft sounding language.
Bulgarians speak slowly, russians speak fast.

Easy :)

The main difference between russian and bulgarian is gramatical and in the words (cause bulgarian isn`t just a simple slavic language), but I don`t think it`s usefull to clear that for a nonslavic person, so I`ll ust say that in the sounding bulgarian is a harder sounding language, compared to russian and the russian people speak faster then the bulgarian ones.

Last edited:

Kicker

russian is a soft sounding language.
For me, Russian sounds hard like stone... :lol:

Hebrew sounds very... interessting and different from other languages. It sounds soft and nice, so it sounds as you could pronounce it very easily. And many times, there is this "ch" :)

Top Bottom