10 7.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ArmpitOfEurope

What Greece 2023 has to do with Fokas?

Nothing, 2023 was staged by Rigos. That zombie face of Vernicos on the backdrop still haunts me to this day
If Fokas had staged it he would have stood a ( slim ) chance at qualifying, his stagings are sometimes great, sometimes sloppy, but never indifferent

Citelis

If i'm not mistaken he has only 4 entries that finished outside top10 in like 18-19 entries. Surely he doesn't get so easily top3 now like 10 years ago but that probably has to do with the available budget and other factors as well. And anyway the only two top10 we got recently both staged by him so it makes sense to trust him to stage an entry that has a lot of potential but remains difficult as well.
I mean Zari has huge potential, at least t/v wise, but it's not so easy as Croatia's for example that ''works'' first for most people. It may need a 2nd or a 3rd try to get into it and the staging is important to that.

empo21

Veteran
My only concern is how they'll pull off the one-shot on a stage that is shaped the way it is.

PanosAK

I'm not positive about the single-shot idea purely because of Focas. Novelty and dated effects over elegance and effectiveness.
I wouldn't be against this if it was coming from a competent, modern stage director, but with Focas it will probably be a purely executed gimmick.
Being negative only because I'm tired of Foca's dated uninspired stagings for the past 20 years. His style was perfect for the y2k, but since then he has delivered stagings such as Greece 2017, Azerbaijan, 2018, Spain 2019, Greece 2021, Moldova 2021, Greece 2023 (and low-key the staging for Greece 2022 was atrocious as well, the camera angles were not what they should have been for the chair effect to work)... The fact that he is being hired every single year by Greece only indicates how impartial and corrupt the broadcaster is.
Not to mention his consistent, shady associations with Kirkorov, Russia, and Azerbaijan.

Unless Greece moves on to new and modern stage directors, we will not win Eurovision.
And I'm being upset because this could be the year and he's capable to ruin it all with his gimmicks.
I 100%% agree, i just want him to not be involved in any staging for our entries again. It's over, it's not the 2000s anymore, there are so many better options and i'm honestly surprised that Marina agreed to this. Unless they snuck it up on her and couldn't say no.

I don't get Eurovision fans "excitement" about Focas at all.

ArmpitOfEurope

Im relieved Fokas is with her, hes got tons of Esc experience, something that an artist with innovative talent like Marina needs.
We have tried with " fresh " directors too and we became ρεντίκολο ( 2018 - the infamous blue hand of Yianna and 2019 - the nightmarish Worse love performance ). Not to talk at all about what Rigos presented last year. Naurr, she made the right call. At least Fokas never brought us a non qualification, we stan a talented grandpa xheart

Last edited:

Nicholas123

Im relieved Fokas is with her, hes got tons of Esc experience, something that an artist with innovative talent like Marina needs.
We have tried with " fresh " directors too and we became ρεντίκολο ( 2018 - the infamous blue hand of Yianna and 2019 - the nightmarish Worse love performance ). Not to talk at all about what Rigos presented last year. Naurr, she made the right call. At least Fokas never brought us a non qualification, we stan a talented grandpa xheart

"Τόσο όσο" for Fokas seems right.

I'm glad he did not take over completely. Marina was in desperate need of someone with fresher staging ideas, but at the same time she was smart enough to hire Fokas in order to "eurovisionize" the "edgy" details of the staging concept that would not work on TV for this show.
I'm really optimist this time, cause it seems that everyone involved in the project has understood their role and contribute to the final result each one from their place Majnoon, Fokas, NMR and others. xheart

lilka

For me Greece this year is what one could compare to the insides of a garbage truck. Filled with condensed trash.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ours is bland and repetitive. Greece presents something original and Greek.

blue00eyes

Ours TVP's is bland and repetitive. Greece presents something original and Greek.
Maybe not original but true to Greece. Exactly what people expect from Greece.

Marina goes with sth she just wants to showcase and it's no sterile AI generated Eurovision song with filtered vocals

lilka

Maybe not original but true to Greece. Exactly what people expect from Greece.

Marina goes with sth she just wants to showcase and it's no sterile AI generated Eurovision song with filtered vocals
Ahahaha thanks for the correction, you're so right. :LOL:
About Marina too, that's what I meant.

lilka

Nicholas123

Excuse me, but in my humble opinion even the Police and Marina are helpless in the case of Greek drivers. I know what I am talking about. :mrgreen:

Τotally agree. They completely suck. Especially the Cretans. (i'm mentioning them cause iirc you have visited Crete).

ESC Athens

Excuse me, but in my humble opinion even the Police and Marina are helpless in the case of Greek drivers. I know what I am talking about. :mrgreen:
I experienced a culture shock when I saw drivers actually stopping before crosswalks when I travelled to France. The problem is that I got used to it when I got back home and I expected Greek drivers to do the same. After a week, I was back used to the Greek way of doing things. :ROFLMAO:

Marina is indeed helpless in this situation

Top Bottom