14 11.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
I mean, realistically speaking she is probably the prime candidate or at least one of them. I'd be surprised if she doesn't represent either Greece or Cyprus in Eurovision if not this year definitely next year.

i'm kinda worried for her tho...

cyprus said that they're focusing on selecting someone of cypriot origin (but they said that last year as well, so...)

and greece rejected her in pretty early stage of internal selection.

Nicholas123

I really don't see Evangelia as the prime candidate for :gr: and :cy: It has been said that RIK has renewed their collaboration with PANIK recoords and that they will select a Cypriot artist this time (that leaves us with only a few names to speculate - Charis Savva, Ivi Adamou and whoever else is signed with them).
As for :gr: it seems that ERT will be following the same format as last year. So, if Evangelia is interesed, she can perfectly send her bid for ESC but seriously, i doubt she's what ERT (especially under their "quallity" phase they are being through) is looking for these days. Just take a look at the artists that made the shortlist last year and listen to their songs.
I'm just gonna repeat myself. Our next representative will be one one of the singers that have been mentioned by eurovisionfun.com.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I really don't see Evangelia as the prime candidate for :gr: and :cy: It has been said that RIK has renewed their collaboration with PANIK recoords and that they will select a Cypriot artist this time (that leaves us with only a few names to speculate - Charis Savva, Ivi Adamou and whoever else is signed with them).
As for :gr: it seems that ERT will be following the same format as last year. So, if Evangelia is interesed, she can perfectly send her bid for ESC but seriously, i doubt she's what ERT (especially under their "quallity" phase they are being through) is looking for these days. Just take a look at the artists that made the shortlist last year and listen to their songs.
I'm just gonna repeat myself. Our next representative will be one one of the singers that have been mentioned by eurovisionfun.com.

well, tbh only good job nicky and amanda were better than evangelia's onira. all other candidates that made the top 5 were not really good.

+ evangelia has much better songs than stefania imo and she got selected.

Nicholas123

well, tbh only good job nicky and amanda were better than evangelia's onira. all other candidates that made the top 5 were not really good.

+ evangelia has much better songs than stefania imo and she got selected.

I agree. Amanda and Nicky were fine, but Joanna Drigo's song that made it to the shortlist was meh at the very best and Lou Is' was simply dreadful. Both of them would probably be NQs for Greece. I just hope that ERT will get rid of her pseudo-quality complex (i mean, Evangelia's "onira" was not good enough for ESC, but Lou Is' "Do I Do" was?, lmao) and not be afraid to consider ethno and bops.

lilka

Oh my God, how could I have forgotten about Joanna Drigo... I once loved an awesome song of hers, "Viki", but it was like... 10 or more years ago?

lilka

Why? I just came across her listening to... someone else on youtube. :p

By the way, why is the video for "Viki" like this:
youtube-wtf.png

I mean, without description?

PanosAK

i'm kinda worried for her tho...

cyprus said that they're focusing on selecting someone of cypriot origin (but they said that last year as well, so...)

and greece rejected her in pretty early stage of internal selection.
Yeah, it was confusing to me how ERT seemed to reject her as early as they did too but i do believe that after the year she has had (cause she was still a fairly new artist by the time she send her song in) she has made them rethink that decision.

Oh my God, how could I have forgotten about Joanna Drigo... I once loved an awesome song of hers, "Viki", but it was like... 10 or more years ago?

Funny thing , i believed Joanna would have been fantastic for Eurovision back in 2009-2010 with any of the songs from her first album
but it was definitely confusing as to why she was a candidate last year since she has kinda disappeared from the scene. Last song i heard from her was
and it's a cool song but definitely nothing that made me think "this could play at Eurovision"

lilka

This one is lovely and has awesome lyrics, but indeed, should be a little more powerful to go to Eurovision if eligible (which it isn't of course, just saying).

JohnArg

ERT opened the submissions for the selection of the Greek representative in Eurovision 2023!

rasmuslights

Veteran
ERT opened the submissions for the selection of the Greek representative in Eurovision 2023!

don't greece dare sending Vassilis Kourtis or Melissa Mantzoukis...
we're not in the 2000' anymore.

evangelia and leon of athens are much better options.

aef

For me somehow it's the right time for a male artist for :gr: next year. I'd love to see a Loukas Yorkas comeback after 12 years hahaha.

lilka

Markos Koumaris from Locomondo! :cool:

Nicholas123

how is he one of the fave. to represent greece?

this literally sounds like something that would come 11th in a semi in 2008.

His esc song is written by Kontopoulos, so there you have your answer! :lol: Oh, btw it will be an "epic ballad" (whatever this means). According to eurovisionfun, he was at the studio this weekend, recording, whereas Melissa Mantzoukis was in Athens in July for the same reason. Leon of Athens has his song ready. He is the only acceptable choice from all the rumored artists imo. Hopefully he will be chosen, unless someone better shows up later.

A-lister

Veteran
His esc song is written by Kontopoulos, so there you have your answer! :lol: Oh, btw it will be an "epic ballad" (whatever this means). According to eurovisionfun, he was at the studio this weekend, recording, whereas Melissa Mantzoukis was in Athens in July for the same reason. Leon of Athens has his song ready. He is the only acceptable choice from all the rumored artists imo. Hopefully he will be chosen, unless someone better shows up later.

Kontopoulos again? xpuke

He wasn't good in mid 00's and isn't good in the 20's (except for some very few exceptions), like who still want those clichéd dated pompous telenovela-like mid 00's entries? I really don't get it, he and his pal Kirkorov should just be banned from this contest for good for the sake of the contest and all our ears.

Mimmon

Veteran

lilka

I remember this girl, she was really good singing songs of other artists, but I am unsure whether she can succeed in Eurovision.

PanosAK

I'm just like baffled at like every single one of these possible representatives. Also, i second the Kontopoulos ban. Should have been banned the moment he send poor Demy out there to sing "This is love"

Top Bottom