Contact us

Get To Know Me Tag

twister

dnbka9.png

Rehearsal time is quickly approaching and ESC United will of course
be in Vienna to keep you updated about all the happenings over there.
There will be rehearsal reports, videos, interviews, vlogs and many
other things. This year we want you to get to know our team beforehand.

Zack
Madeleine
Matt
Anselm
Sean
Ahmet
Olivia

Join in and do the tag yourself, just fill in your answers in this thread.

Name:
Nickname:

Profession:
Languages:

Three fears:
Three things you dislike:
Three things you like:

Favourite movie:
Favourite food:
Favourite drink:

First Eurovision memory:
Favourite Eurovision song:

Eurovisions visited:
Eurovision 2015 expectations:
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry:

Other you would like to say:

Do you have any questions to the ESC United team? Ask them here and we will do our best to reply!

esc87fan

Name: Stephanie
Nickname: Steph

Profession: Part-time office assistant
Languages: English, French and Italian (I'm also teaching myself Japanese)

Three fears: Failure, blood, wasps
Three things you dislike: Rude people, arrogance, complacency
Three things you like: Snowy days, chocolate, a good book

Favourite movie: Grease
Favourite food: Sushi
Favourite drink: Tea

First Eurovision memory: Watching clips of the 1987 contest on YouTube
Favourite Eurovision song: Waterloo, Hunter of Stars

Eurovisions visited: None
Eurovision 2015 expectations: A close-fought contest with no runaway winner and a few surprises
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: Switzerland, Australia and United Kingdom

Other you would like to say: Let's continue "Building Bridges" long after the contest is over!

ayzelto

Name: Albert
Nickname: Ayzelto

Profession: Full-time hotel recepcionist
Languages: Spanish, Catalan, English, Italian and French.

Three fears: heights, darkness, spiders
Three things you dislike: Lettuce, falseness, couldn't-care-less attitude
Three things you like: candy, languages, a good movie

Favourite movie: Never let me go
Favourite food: Sushi or Mexican (can't decide)
Favourite drink: Coke

First Eurovision memory: 1999, when Spain was last win 1 point from Croatia
Favourite Eurovision song: Many, I can't decide just one.

Eurovision 2015 expectations: I want Spain to score higher than 100 points.
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: Denmark

Other you would like to say: Carpe diem

GermanBango

Name: Pascal (oui oui mais je n'est pas Français) :lol:
Nickname: Bango - Kalle - Kalli (u can choose which one you like)

Profession: I'm about to graduate and probably gonna start studying this fall.
Languages: German, English & French (I'm gonna start with Swedish this summer and afterwards I'd like to learn Spanish)

Three fears: Loneliness, clowns & doctors
Three things you dislike: Mushrooms, bullheaded people with double-standards & the superficiality of the society
Three things you like: My friends and family (at least most of the time), eating, drawing, singing ...and a lot more

Favourite movie: Can't really name one .... there are just too many: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, the Hunger Games, and maaaaany more...
Favourite food: Chinese fried noodles xlove
Favourite drink: Coke

First Eurovision memory: Watching the Eurovision Song Contest 2006 with my parents, who were totally shocked about Lordi winning. I fell in love with the contest while this was their last one :lol:
Favourite Eurovision song: probably "Euphoria" but there are sooooo many

Eurovisions visited: None (for now)
Eurovision 2015 expectations: A great and intense week with lots of fun and a great, worthy winner *cough* Sweden *cough* :)
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: There are 4 who are miles ahead of the rest for me ... :se: :no: :de: :az:

Other you would like to say: It's great to talk/discuss about the ESC with you guys. I'm glad that I found this site because it's fun to hear as many different opinions as possible :D

CPV4931

Name: Daniel
Nickname: CPV4931

Profession: Accountant
Languages: German, English (and a bit Latin, but I assume, that doesn´t count ;-) )

Three fears: The strange feeling you have during a free fall, Rats, partly heights
Three things you dislike: Intolerance, Arrogance, being too close-minded
Three things you like: Meeting with friends, Visiting rock concerts/festivals and soccer games of my favorite team Eintracht Frankfurt, Eurovision

Favourite movie: Crazy Race, Slumdog Millionaire, School of Rock
Favourite food: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2bZb8utdo0
Favourite drink: Non-alcoholic: Coffee and Water, Alcoholic: Cuba Libre and Beer

First Eurovision memory: Listening to German´s 2006 entry "No No Never" (not only because of that special connection my favorite German ESC-entry ever)
Favourite Eurovision song: Prepare for something special: Andorra 2009 - Susanne Georgi - La teva decisio

Eurovisions visited: 2011 for the Grand Final, soon: 2015 for both semis and the Grand Final
Eurovision 2015 expectations: Having a great time in Vienna, meeting some of the forum´s members there, Ann-Sophie doing quite well in the Grand Final,
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: Can´t decide between Lithuania, Belgium and Israel, atm it´s Israel.

Other you would like to say: It´s great to be part of this community :-) #buildingbridges

Kairit

Name: Kairit
Nickname: Don't have one. ;)

Profession: I'm a student. :D
Languages: I'm fully comfortable in Estonian and English. But I also know a bit of Russian and Italian. If I had to go Russia and couldn't speak English, I would manage, somehow. But I still have a lot of Italian to study to get to that level (I'm self-teaching). I'm gonna take up Finnish and Latin next year at school, probably also either French or Spanish.

Three fears: Wasps, hornets, bees....
Three things you dislike: Pineapples, close-minded and hypocritical people, long and dark and depressing winters.. because there's a lot of that here.
Three things you like: Christmas, early June mornings and sunrises, long runs in nature where I can just zone out, re-energize my mind and blast my favourite music in my ears.

Favourite movie: I don't have one. But my huge love is period dramas and especially biographical movies. Give me any this type of movie and I'll probably love it.
Favourite food: Sushi is probably up there.
Favourite drink: Ice-cold water, also green tea or any kind of tea.

First Eurovision memory: Uumm.. Probably Vanilla Ninja representing Switzerland, and then Greece winning with My Number One.
Favourite Eurovision song: I love Calm After The Storm from last year infinitely, so yes, that. But also my other most listened songs are probably Cyprus from 2010 with Life Looks Better In Spring xlove and Euphoria, of course. Edit: And KEDVESEM, how could I forget Kedvesem... But no, Calm After The Storm is my absolute favourite that I will remember for a lifetime.

Eurovisions visited: None. :( I'd very much love to go someday.
Eurovision 2015 expectations: Lots of fun and excitement, a good show, and a worthy winner. Also lots of good memories, as I always spend the Eurovision weekend with my sister and brother-in-law and their black labrador and I'm already very much looking forward to that.
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: Norway, Italy, Belgium, Latvia.. can't choose.

Other you would like to say: I love this forum a lot and I'm very happy I can be part of Eurovision and the Eurovision season thanks to it, it's definetly made me love it a lot more. I wish everyone a great time and a great month of May. Also a memorable (and already very near) summer after that. xrunhug

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Name:Ashley
Nickname: I don't have one

Profession: Student
Languages: Just English. :oops: I took GCSE French though...

Three fears: Clowns, Clowns & guess what? more Clowns.
Three things you dislike: Rude, Ignorant people who they're gods gift to the world, Summer & reading.
Three things you like: Winter, Christmas & Eurovision

Favourite movie: The Hunger Games (all of them)
Favourite food: Chicken Risotto
Favourite drink: Citrus Punch Oasis

First Eurovision memory: Watching about 1 minute of eurovision 2008, and the UK was at the bottom with nothing. :lol:
Favourite Eurovision song: Hard to pick, but my favourite countries are :is::sl::es:

Eurovision 2015 expectations: A very close results, with a surprising winner.
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: :mt:

tuorem

Name: Thibaud
Nickname: I don't have one

Profession: Translator
Languages: French, English, Spanish (I have knowledge in Italian and Norwegian and I'd like to learn a Slavic language, Polish maybe)

Three fears: spiders, insects in general, heights under certain circumstances
Three things you dislike: giving a speech, conceited people, arriving late somewhere
Three things you like: Music, languages & travels

Favourite movie: The Shining... the best ever!
Favourite food: Four-cheese pizza
Favourite drink: Tea

First Eurovision memory: Cheering France 2001
Favourite Eurovision song: Suus

Eurovisions visited: None, but I'll consider it someday if either :sl: :cz: or :pl: win
Eurovision 2015 expectations: All the good songs will get a good result and a dark horse will win
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: None at the moment

Sim

Name: Sim
Nickname: simmie, simmeke, simba

Profession: accountant
Languages: dutch, english, french and a bit of german

Three fears: spiders, snakes and heights
Three things you dislike: stress, dishonest people, arrogance
Three things you like: love, eurovision, television

Favourite movie: Not one specific
Favourite food: seafood
Favourite drink: mojito

First Eurovision memory: 1998, Dana winning the eurovision
Favourite Eurovision song: Classic, but Waterloo

Eurovisions visited: 2015 will be the first one, despite I also visited Junior Eurovision 2005 in Belgium
Eurovision 2015 expectations: Another final for Belgium, Sweden in the top 10 and a big fight between Sweden, Italy and Estonia for the winning.
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: Italy

Other you would like to say: I really love this forum!!

Carrie

Name: Carrie
Nickname: Carrie

Languages: English

Three fears: Daddy long legs, heights and fire
Three things you dislike: Numbers, boring people and sport
Three things you like: Music, gaming and acting

Favourite movie: 28 Days Later
Favourite food: Lemon Chicken
Favourite drink: Lucozade Orange

First Eurovision memory: Ani Lorak's performance of Shady Lady
Favourite Eurovision song: :sk: 2011 TWiiNS - I'm Still Alive

Eurovision 2015 expectations: There will be only a few points between each 10th and 11th place in the semis and the winner won't have a huge lead.
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: It's between :md:, :ie:, :ge: or :pl:. I really cannot decide.

#werneon

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Sup. My tag thingy will be on the main site in a few days. Will be flying out to Vienna next weekend so ask me anything if you want or if you have any suggestions let me know

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
What, are we mere peasants not visiting Vienna this year allowed to do this too? Excellent..

Name: Kai
Nickname: Rainy (I suppose, but only people here call me that. I don't have a nickname anywhere else)

Profession: Swan boat operator (that's a lie. I'm not revealing to you my top secret jobxsnooty)
Languages: English, Belorussian English, Kaliopi English, Valentina Monetta English.

Three fears: The fear of dying, blood and eyes. I've got pretty extreme ommetaphobia.
Three things you dislike: War, money and... religion (sorry, can I say that? Well maybe I hate when it clouds rational thinking and leads to hatred)
Three things you like: Music of course, my number 1 passion! Artists like Nico, Soap&Skin, Kurt Vile, John Cale, The Velvet Underground, Amanda Lear, Mac DeMarco, Mikal Cronin, Linda Perhacs, And One, Nick Drake, Marianne Faithfull, The Unthanks, Patty Waters.... could go on for years. I'm really into Garage Rock and Psychedelic stuff at the moment, but I love Jazz, Folk, Synth Pop and a lot of dark stuff too. Music is my life.
Aside from music, I love animals, Cats in particular and I have a dream of one day owning a duck pondxheat
Thing number 3 would be... umm.. oh, gaming! I hate to love to game. I play too much. I love survival horror and certain RPG's. The Souls series is my favourite (Dark Souls/Demon Souls/Bloodborne).

Favourite movie: Valerie and Her Week Week of Wonders. In close second would be David Lynch's "Inland Empire".
Favourite food: Sensations Crisps
Favourite drink: Shloer............. Winexqueenbitch

First Eurovision memory: Dana International winning is my first vivid memory of the main contest.
Favourite Eurovision song: "Suus" (the song genuinely enriched my life and helped me out), with "Maybe" an incredibly close second.

Eurovisions visited: None.
Eurovision 2015 expectations: Like others I expect it to be incredibly close and with perhaps a surprise winner like Latvia, Spain or Albania. Perhaps even Finland if the jury can get somewhat on board.
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: Malta is my favourite, Latvia I think have the best composition and the entry of the highest quality.

Other you would like to say: I'd like to say that i'm really looking forward to the ESCUNITED teams work, and i'd like to wish you guys all the best of luck on your journey. Thank you for all the hard work!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I did this on, of all places, the Fan Café event page, but here goes:
Name: Calvin
Nickname: There’re a few specific to one person but nothing universal
Languages: English, Spanish, German, Latin, and a little Macedonian
Three fears: Spiders, rollercoasters, and my/a loved one’s appendix bursting
Three things you dislike: Closed-mindedness, chocolate, and the Transformers franchise
Three things you like: Learning new languages, U.S. presidential history, and Jane Austen
Favourite movie: Either Best in Show or Vertigo
Favourite food: My Oma’s Rouladen
Favourite drink: Mexican Coca-Cola
First Eurovision memory: Being introduced to “Fairytale” by my uncle after it won
Favourite Eurovision song: Serbia 2011 – “Caroban”
Eurovisions visited: Copenhagen and, in a couple of weeks, Vienna
Eurovision 2015 expectations: Gathering with a wonderful group of people to celebrate what I hold is the world’s greatest event of any kind
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: Latvia, with Slovenia, Albania, Czech Republic, and Serbia or Georgia rounding out the top 5
Other you would like to say: Just that I can’t wait to meet y’all at Eurovision! Also, I say “y’all” and refuse to apologize for it.

randomlinkz

Name: David
Nickname: Dave, Dave-o (hate it though)

Profession: student
Languages: English

Three fears: doing presentations, being on a boat with a roof over my head, drowning (hence the previous one)
Three things you dislike: being discriminated due to liking euro vision, nuts being added to stuff for no reason, having to redo this post 3 times due to my wi-fi cutting out
Three things you like: F1, Video Games, Roster teeth

Favourite movie: Either "How to train your dragon 2" or "Rush"
Favourite food: Chocolate chip cookie dough
Favourite drink: Fanta fruit twist or passoa and peach juice

First Eurovision memory: Watching Lordi on the news the day after they won
Favourite Eurovision song: 1st "Something Better" by Softengine Finland 2014, 2nd "Unbreakable" by Sinplus, Switzerland 2012, 3rd "Something" by Andrius Pojavis, Lithuania 2013

Eurovisions visited: none (:()
Eurovision 2015 expectations: either a tight victory or a domination by estonia or possibly an outsider before the semi-finals e.g. Common Linnets, However, my favourites will go out in the Semis
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: 1st Macedonia, 2nd Belarus, 3rd Lithuania

Other you would like to say: Thank you for being a place for talking about eurovsion as i have never met someone else who likes euro vision in person even if i am quiet on this site. sorry about putting top 3s but i just felt like being a bit odd and i don't like not butting top 3s in things like that

MyHeartIsYours

Name
Adam
Nickname
Adz, Adamski

Country
United Kingdom
Profession
Librarian
Languages
English

Three fears
Hospitals/doctors/etc
Making speeches
Dying
Three things you dislike
Hypocrisy
Nastiness
Republicanism
Three things you like
Happiness
Politics
History

Favourite movie
Titanic
Favourite food
Lasagne
Favourite drink
Tia Maria

First Eurovision memory
Jemini scoring "nul points" for the United Kingdom
Favourite Eurovision song
Well, "My Heart Is Yours" obviously ;)

Eurovision's visited
None
Eurovision 2015 expectations
The winner probably won't be one of the hot favourites
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry
United Kingdom and Norway

Something you would like to say
May the best man (or country) win!

Anthony Tesla

Name: Antonio
Nickname: Tony

Profession: Translator
Languages: English, Spanish, French, and some Swedish thanks to SVT

Three fears: Failure, Economic crisises, losing Hope
Three things you dislike: Noisy people, people who act before thinking, people that take things too seriously.
Three things you like: Comedy, food, cats.

Favourite movie: Cinema Paradiso
Favourite food: Fried chicken
Favourite drink: Pepsi

First Eurovision memory: Alexander Rybak's overwhelming victory.
Favourite Eurovision song: France 2009, "Et Si Fallait Le Faire" from Patricia Kaas.

Eurovisions visited: None.
Eurovision 2015 expectations: A close race that could be another 2011: lots of favorites cancelling each other and we'll end up with a winner no one really likes.
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: Norway, Estonia, France.

Other you would like to say: No.

Ritararita

Name: Yes, I have one.
Nickname: Rita

Profession: Very boring, don´t even ask me.
Languages: Only Czech, Slovak and inspector Clouseau level of English (my apology to all for it)

Three fears: that nobody likes me, fanatized crowds, insects
Three things you dislike: nationalism, hasty judgements based on lack of informations, dumb celebrities sending important messages (no, I actually love this, in a way)
Three things you like: Czech films and films in general, British humour, surrealism

Favourite movie: Hundreds of them. To name a few: The Wicker Man, Bringing Up Baby, Tomorrow I´ll Wake Up and Scald Myself with a Tea.
Favourite food: Almost anything baked with some kind of fruit in it.
Favourite drink: coffee

First Eurovision memory: Ruslana appearing as guest in some Czech TV show and being introduced as a recent Eurovision winner.
Favourite Eurovision song: I would like to be original, but it´s probably Rise Like a Phoenix. I love each aspect of the whole act.

Eurovisions visited: None. I am too terrified of crowds.
Eurovision 2015 expectations: Obviously, my biggest hope is that Czech Republic will finally qualify (and possibly stay in the contest) and Slovenia wins. My biggest fear is that Russia is going to win, which will lead to the biggest number of withdrawals in history of the contest in 2016, the subsequent end of the whole thing in 2017 and possibly start of the Third World War. Or not and I just have too wild imagination. We will see.
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: Here for You, with Hope Never Dies and Rhytm Inside breathing on its back.

Other you would like to say: Make tea, not war.

revallsay

Name: Dominika
Nickname: Doma

Profession: I'm on internship in office
Languages: Polish, English, a little bit of German, and I had a year of Latin at schoold

Three fears: Lonliness, mice and spiders
Three things you dislike: [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION], [MENTION=14124]Carrie[/MENTION], [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] (:p)
Three things you like: Sleeping, sleeping and sleeping xheat

Favourite movie: Kiler (Polish film)
Favourite food: Pizza
Favourite drink: Tea, Pepsi

First Eurovision memory: Ich Troje in 2003
Favourite Eurovision song: 'Hard Rock Hallelujah'

Eurovisions visited: None :(
Eurovision 2015 expectations: no Estonia winning.
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: 'Autumn Leaves', 'Grande Amore', 'Warrior' by Amber.

Other you would like to say: hi :)

Kaz

Name: Nick
Nickname: Nick, Kaz (long story, don't ask)

Profession: Still in school. ._.
Languages: English, learning French & Slovene.

Three fears: SPIDERS, death, heights.
Three things you dislike: Bad grammar, show-offs, science.
Three things you like: Geography, good food, music.

Favourite movie: Don't have one.
Favourite food: Lasagna.
Favourite drink: Iced tea/coffee.

First Eurovision memory: :ch: 2011
Favourite Eurovision song: :is: 2012

Eurovisions visited: 0
Eurovision 2015 expectations: :ee: winning! xprayxpray Also, :sl: getting their best result ever.
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: :ee:

Krishoes

Name: Cristian
Nickname: Krishoes

Profession: Music journalist, radio speaker
Languages: Italian, English, a little bit of German and French

Three fears: Die alone, Have cancer, Take AIDS
Three things you dislike: Beaches full of screaming people, Do the housework, Sofa full of cat hair
Three things you like: Travel around the world, Singing, Christmastime

Favourite movie: Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain
Favourite food: Lasagna, Sushi
Favourite drink: Ice tea

First Eurovision memory: I watched "Dancing lasha tumbai" by Verka Serducha on YouTube in 2007 and suddenly I fall in love with the Eurovision
Favourite Eurovision song: "Poupée de cire, poupée de son" by France Gall (Luxembourg 1965)

Eurovisions visited: The next one in Wien, can't wait! :)
Eurovision 2015 expectations: It's hard but I hope that Italy wins the whole thing
Eurovision 2015 favourite entry: Slovenia

Other you would like to say: If Australia wins, Germany please, choose Berlin as host city!

Top Bottom