20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

HarryUK

Veteran
I hope not but this preselection will be a big mess anyway. :lol:
It will be all the time your broadcaster prioritises 'radio friendly' songs over entries that would actually do well on the night. You may get 1 or 2 gems like 2018 but for the most part yes, a hot mess.

ESC94

It will be all the time your broadcaster prioritises 'radio friendly' songs over entries that would actually do well on the night. You may get 1 or 2 gems like 2018 but for the most part yes, a hot mess.

The problem is that the show will broadcast on the channel Das Erste (The First) and the average age of its viewers is more than sixty, so the music taste is rather conservative and songs like "Shum" would have no chance to get selected.

HarryUK

Veteran
The problem is that the show will broadcast on the channel Das Erste (The First) and the average age of its viewers is more than sixty, so the music taste is rather conservative and songs like "Shum" would have no chance to get selected.
Oh you have the Irish problem as well then. Their selection show audience averages about the same. RIP.

ESC94

Oh you have the Irish problem as well then. Their selection show audience averages about the same. RIP.

Yeah, and I say this as a person who´s not really into songs like "Shum" or "Stefania". :lol:

The audience at the grand final is younger and more diverse though.

HarryUK

Veteran
Yeah, and I say this as a person who´s not really into songs like "Shum" or "Stefania". :lol:

The audience at the grand final is younger and more diverse though.
In the UK we have the opposite issue. No national selection but a devote audience that follow Eurovision across any BBC channel - if we were given a Melfest-style selection show, it would probably do insanely well.

mauve

Veteran
The most liked video so far:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMF5Tobgk/

I would need to hear the whole song - it sounds interesting though.

And another decent song:

And this one: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Oh great. Another song which ends at 2:30

"Better Days" sounds very radio-friendly. This will end up being high in NDR´s selection (he´s got a nice voice and the song´s alright but dunno, I want to have a more daring and bolder entry and well-executed one.. just for once).

mauve

Veteran
Oh great. Another song which ends at 2:30

"Better Days" sounds very radio-friendly. This will end up being high in NDR´s selection (he´s got a nice voice and the song´s alright but dunno, I want to have a more daring and bolder entry and well-executed one.. just for once).
Exactly. And I don't want to see another possible musician with an acoustic guitar around his neck, singing a ballad. But I somehow doubt that NDR or the German listeners will pick a bold entry. THIS hope is one long ago. :(

Looren

Veteran
And I don't want to see another possible musician with an acoustic guitar around his neck, singing a ballad.

Lies, you wanna see Malik again :mrgreen:

Better days... the basic jumped out, I enjoyed it tho, potential grower tbh, expecting more from Germany tho

Top Bottom