I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
While I somewhat like the song, you draw an interesting point here to be honest. I would have never made the parallel with Bilal but now it's glaringly obvious, and the way they treated it is vastly different too. Bilal really embraced the hatred and acted on it, while Jendrick's song is just a middle finger to the world. I'm not as extreme as you, as we indeed know nothing about his background so his attitude might be more genuine than what you perceive, but there is indeed a total lack of context about his message. Personally I don't care about this aspect but it might be harder to connect to for some people indeed.
Exactly, Edweis! Context is an important part of humanization and it's currently missing in Jendrik's song. Generalistic "this behaviour is bad" messages often ring hollow to the masses because they are prescriptivistic in nature: In addition to being glaringly obvious, they tell people how they should feel and behave. If there's anything people dislike, it's being told what to feel and do by an irritating stranger. Jendrik needs to work on that, plain and simple.

No, talking about it in interviews isn't enough. It needs to come across on a stage. Not everyone who tunes in will bother looking up Jendrik interviews, but all of them will see his live performance.

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
No, I don't mean double standard. I mean the double entendre of uk hun

Sammy

Veteran
No, I don't mean double standard. I mean the double entendre of uk hun
that was a double embarassment now! I didn‘t get your message nor the double entendre of uk hun.
xblushxblush

Last edited:

Franzilein

So for the special snow flakes here, Jendrik just needs to lay out his private life and experiences, because otherwise connecting with
him feels o so very difficult. Screw privacy, we need drama & context baby. I guess. You're so superficial and general! xpopcorn

Social media truly made people freaking blood suckers. The double standards laid out here are astonishing and are just proofing Jendrik's point even further. Give us more context – but don't share those messages you get which are the embodiment of the topic of the song! And it's fascinating how people project their own view of someone onto them. "His true agenda must be to do well in the contest!" ("It's a music competition!" Yeah... absolutely, it's all and only about and the music at the ESC............... lmao, welcome to Disneyland. But God forbid a participant speaks ill of homosexuality or represents the wrong country in the wrong year), despite the person in question saying the complete opposite... yeah... :rolleyes:

Too much BS to digest. I need to stay away from here xwall

mauve

Veteran
So for the special snow flakes here, Jendrik just needs to lay out his private life and experiences, because otherwise connecting with
him feels o so very difficult. Screw privacy, we need drama & context baby. I guess. You're so superficial and general! xpopcorn

Social media truly made people freaking blood suckers. The double standards laid out here are astonishing and are just proofing Jendrik's point even further. Give us more context – but don't share those messages you get which are the embodiment of the topic of the song! And it's fascinating how people project their own view of someone onto them. "His true agenda must be to do well in the contest!" ("It's a music competition!" Yeah... absolutely, it's all and only about and the music at the ESC............... lmao, welcome to Disneyland. But God forbid a participant speaks ill of homosexuality or represents the wrong country in the wrong year), despite the person in question saying the complete opposite... yeah... :rolleyes:

Too much BS to digest. I need to stay away from here xwall
I understand you completely. that's why I don't comment on stupid comments anymore. I'll never wiggle back bullshit to those ...:whistle:

Ezio

Veteran
"I dont feel hate" causes so much hate because it catches the haters in the act of hating and they hate that.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
"I dont feel hate" causes so much hate because it catches the haters in the act of hating and they hate that.
Um, yeah? It deals passive-aggressively with hate by shaming the haters. That 100% absolutely gets under your skin if you dislike it, but that's *also* the intention I suppose. (And therefore not something I particularly dislike.)

Ezio

Veteran
Shaming is amazing, because it works.

here is how it works, step by step:

It's such a schäm, it's such a schäm,
Don't walk away, don't walk away
All this time I thought I knew myself
But once again, I bury my head in schäm

Mischen eckomplischt!

Ianp16

Why are people kicking off so much about a song. It's a song. No one will force you to listen to it. It's an automatic qualifier too so you don't really have to listen to it full in a semi final. It could even be a chance to make a cocktail, have a pee or go for a cigarette. xqueenbitch

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't have to pee (during Eurovision) [don't want to miss anything] + it sucks if you hate the song of your own country... but maybe you - as a British fan - have already got more accustomed to it and that's why you can't comprehend how utterly angry and disappointed I am.

Mainshow

Veteran
Yep. After 10 years of disappointments you come to expect the worst and fangirl over mediocre. Welcome to the club xmetal
I don't want to join that club :D

But I guess that after "Black Smoke", "Perfect Life", "Sister" and this, I will be more relaxed in the future as well. It's just that Eurovision has always been part of my life since I was a toddler (my parents taught me to be(ome) a fan) and even though I'm not very patriotic, I still have the urge to cheer for Germany and it bothers me a lot that we can't submit a well-produced, universally liked song by an well-established artist which is also authentic and composed by Germans/in Germany. I mean, the UK and Germany are the biggest music markets in Europe, we should know better.
It just feels so frustrating - Germany ditched its national finals because of mediocre songs by nobodies and newcomers being chosen by the public... they always highlight that the internal selection attracts "so many big names, so many good songs" but what have we get so far? - "Violent Thing" (a modern/catchy bop performed by someone who lacks charisma, talent and confidence on stage) and "I Don't Feel Hate" which is... eh.. very polarising (I have already come to the conclusion that it can be an advantage).. but why am I referring back to it, you may ask? - Our head of delegation said that "I Don't Feel Hate" is such a strong contender, a surefire hit since all jury members (200!!!!! people!) loved it and it got an average score of 11.82 out of 12. WTF! - Seriously, I think this can't be true at all.. I mean, just look at this forum (or somewhere elese). It probably gets a 6 as an average score since it's either totally adored or extremely hated and thus, I think that the internal selection is a fucking mess and the current outcome doesn't justify the ditching our national final part.
- As a fan, I wish Jendrik all the best and I'm happy that some fans really seem to love this song but I'm very disappointed about the song, how it got chosen and how our broadcaster treats us (e.g. they announced Jendrik to be the entrant of Eurovision 2019 on their official page :D , they moved forward its premiere all of a sudden without telling anyone, talking shit about the procedure, cancelling our national final). It's just a big fat no from me.

That's why, I can't just sit and relax. I mean, I wouldn't mind getting such an entry from Lithuania, the UK, San Marino or Moldova... but dunno, I still had some more faith in our broadcaster.... but I guess, I will be part of your club soon #getmymembershipready

Etanna

I still have no idea how I feel about this song xthink I want to give it both 12 points and 0 points at the same time :lol:

mauve

Veteran
Jendrik was at Barbara Schönberger's show today. At around 15:30 he plays his song in a slow version. Oh yeah, only for the non-haters, of course, everybody else can ignore this post. ;)

Top Bottom