19 4.4%

20 4.7%

17 4.0%

14 3.3%

63 14.7%

• Total voters

Milos-BC

Re: DEUTSCHLAND - Germany 2011 - Lena

As much as I like Lena and her winning entry, this is a very bad decision, and unfortunately I think she will flop badly after a historical success this year. It would have been better if she used her fame to conquer Europe, USA, or whatever she likes, but with another ESC participation, and especially year after the victory is a very bad idea. :( But I will wait 'till I hear the song for the final say.

Interrail

I'd prefer if Lena doesn't go for Germany again, already next year. But it's up to her I guess...

teroh

If her song is good, why do think people won't vote for it? Just because she won last year? People don't care about what was last year...

Margerita86

teroh said:
If her song is good, why do think people won't vote for it? Just because she won last year? People don't care about what was last year...
As long as she isn't involed at all in the show other than performing her chosen song, but I doubt EBU would allow that. They even had second thoughs about Zeljko presenting when he had composed an entry that year...

Isabella

I like Lena, but it would be better to give the opportunity to others :|

martin

bad idea because if she not get a really good place everyone will call it a flop

DoctorX

It just doesn't make any sense. At least the winning did not happen thanks to just Lena's charm, if Germany really thinks that the previous formula will work again they should make all the conditions stable like the composer or songwriter ehm... dunno maybe the kind of the song... Can Lena bring another victory with a totally different kind of song? They were just a great mixture for winning and got what it deserved but expecting the same once again.. just doesn't seem true for me :roll:

Lidija

The reason for her taking part again is different though. It's not about "winning again" but that the so-called "European champion in singing" (quotation by Stefan Raab) should defend her title.

It's a pity that NDR is not interested in what the Germans think about it. Most of the people want another competitor. I agree.

DoctorX

No one desires to qualify only or being in top 10. Everyone participates the contest for winning even though their songs are s*cks. Lena was the only successful combination for Germany since many years and they're trying to use the same once more. I don't think people won't vote for her just because of she won last year but i don't think she'll place so high again. There's only one chance for her: promotion craziness like Dima and Safura did. As far as i know she didn't promote the song this year at all but she has the potential of selling an average song as a masterpiece, the only thing i can't deny is her charm. Let's wait and see... :roll:

Lidija

I can assure you that NDR didn't want to win. These days no delegation really WANTS to win. Apart from very few countries nobody has money to spend. During our time in Oslo some delegations inofficially revealed which country would take over in case of a victory. Norway or Finland for example would have given it to Sweden or Denmark. Apart from Azerbaijan probably no other country could afford winning. Even NDR has problems raising funds and called all other TV station in ARD network for money.
I think apart from Greece, every country holding an ESC recently incurd a loss.

Milos-BC

I think that not even a crazy promotion can help. Only if the song will be REALLY good, but I mean REALLY good, although it just won't have that charm "Satellite" had, I am almost sure. But we will see, it's very early to say something deeper.

PeterLPZ

The success of Lena was her abandon. But next year she will be a star and she won´t be a surprise for the people. I think, it´s a risk to sing again for her. She can´t reach more as this year. So it would be time to find a new singer - after the victory, i believe there would be many people who want take part next year.

Lena, let it be. Please.

Lizo

english radio interview in the netherlands, lena is talking about the party after her win at esc, the esc2011, the way she dances, what she expected of the casting and more

Lidija

Peter said:
But next year she will be a star...

I wonder where she is. Currently it seems she is taking the Russian entry 2010 literally and walking the same way that every casting star in Germany does.

Apart from that: German speaking people know what you would like to say with "Let it be" but it has another meaning in English ;)

teroh

She is not walking the same way.. her new single is to be released on 6 August.

And don't forget that there is gonna be a big hype again in early 2011 (national final for ESC 2011 and live tour in the biggest halls of Germany)

Lidija

Well, other casting stars are also still releasing singles, but nobody cares. She has a platform through "TV Total" for a while, but let's just wait a year or two... :cool:

I don't think that there will be another hype next year, the majority of the people don't want her on stage again. We'll see if she's able to fill the concert arenas next year, I must say I really doubt it.

teroh

There's gonna be shows for the selection of the song, and then there's Raab..
So.. of course there will be a hype. Have you learned nothing? ;)

Lidija

You mean if I haven't learned anything? Oh yes, I learned quite a few things, I also studied them :mrgreen:

Be optimistic as long as you can, I prefer supporting real musicians. Even though I am originally from Germany I wasn't that happy to see somebody as unprofessional as her winning. She was what I would call in German "das Haar in der Suppe". And that's why I love the country of my husband - Slovenia. Hardly any success, but at least musicians.

Milos-BC

^^ But Lena is just beginning her musical journey. And this proved just right for her. She got a great song, and she did a great job in Oslo. I personally adore her style, even though I didn't immediately fall for "Satellite", but she DOES have great charisma, and she was just shining on the stage out there. Even though I also don't support seeing her on ESC again, I can't say she is not professional. But I think it is a very wrong decision to participate on ESC again, as she may ruin everything she achieved for now.

Lidija

Lena wants to be an actress, not a singer. For me she is only performing to be a singer. Just like people from soap operas are playing actors... ;)

Top Bottom