8 6.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Georgia-scaled.jpg

mauve

Veteran
That's pigeonholing for me.
Think so too. Why does music have to commit itself clearly to one genre? To think that way is quite stupid. To mix up genres is fine AS LONG as you do it right. And to me, Tornike does a great, unique job.

blartashura

I know it's not bad, but it's not doing anything for me. It's so weird and loud, I'm gonna need to give this more round of listening but so far I don't get the hype.

Ezio

Veteran
A boring staging could kill the song. They really need a good stage design to have the audience and viewers engage. I will send an email to Marin Dietmann asap because he knows how to think about things.

LastDreamer

Banned
@RainyWoods Eurovision :ge: is your equivalent/analogue of my :lt:.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@RainyWoods Eurovision :ge: is your equivalent/analogue of my :lt:.

It's starting to look that way. They keep providing me with the kind of music closest to what I'd listen to the most outside of Eurovision, and do it so well. Midnight Gold, Keep On Going and Take Me As I Am would be extremely high up with me if I ranked entries since I've been following the contest. Georgia are the only country who dare to give me alternative/indie rock. San Marino probably still nudge them just as my favourite Eurovision country for giving me three and a half amazing Valentina entries and the two Serhat hits.

I'm sad though that you don't approve of Georgia's song this time. I was hoping for at least a 3/10 in your ranking. Now I know you don't tolerate my favourite song of this year xexcuseme :lol:

LastDreamer

Banned
:5: : Nika Kocharov and Young Georgian Lolitaz - Midnight Gold (2016)
:4: : Nina Sublatti - Warrior (2015)
:4: : Anri Jokhadze - I'm A Joker (2012)
:4: : Shin and Mariko - Three Minutes To Earth (2014)
:3: : Nodi Tatishvili and Sophie Gelovani - Waterfall (2013)
:3: : Iriao - For You (2018)
:3: : Oto Nemsadze - Sul Tsin Iare (2019)
:2: : Sopho Nizharadze - Shine (2010)
:1: : Tako Gachechiladze - Keep The Faith (2017)
:1: : Eldrine - One More Day (2011)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
My Georgia decade ranking:

01. Nika Kocharov and Young Georgian Lolitaz - Midnight Gold 10/10
02. Oto Nemsadze - Sul Tsin Iare 10/10
03. Shin and Mariko - Three Minutes To Earth 9/10
04. Iriao - For You 9/10
05. Anri Jokhadze - I'm A Joker 7/10
06. Nina Sublatti - Warrior 6/10
07. Tako Gachechiladze - Keep The Faith 6/10
08. Eldrine - One More Day 5/10
09. Sopho Nizharadze - Shine 4/10
10. Nodi Tatishvili and Sophie Gelovani - Waterfall 3/10

I made a couple of adjustments. I gave For You and Three Minutes To Earth 12 points in their respective years, but from now on I'm going to be using 10 points (9/10) for songs I love but that don't make my hype reach ultimate levels.

LastDreamer

Banned
It's weird that both of you eliminated one of our best entries - "Visionary Dream". :LOL:

"Visionary Dream" is my least favourite :ge: entry.
I gave :0: points and 321st place from 336 songs in 2000s decade ranking (2000-2009 years).

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It's weird that both of you eliminated one of our best entries - "Visionary Dream". :LOL:

I copied LastDreamer and only ranked songs from the previous decade. Visionary Dream would probably be around 7/10 from me. Take Me As I Am meanwhile is 11/10 and my new all time Georgian favourite xblush

Sunwell

We still take it seriously but I think Idol format is wrong for ESC.

Artists are brilliant but when it comes to song, we flop there :LOL:

Joker is the worst entry IMHO

Realest

'Joker' was at least a professional Juryqualifier in one of the Top5 strongest Semifinals since 2008.

Franzilein

I... don't get it. What a weird combination of growling/screaming vocals & such a... underwhelming & slow instrumental. Nice strophes though. 5 points I guess?

Datura

i seriously don't like the lyrics

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Juries are gonna ruin this big time. Televote could save it, but juries nah. Ive left off commenting about it or scoring it because i wasn't sure, but now i am. I like the whole dramatic aspect of the song, i bet live it will feel even more dramatic and feel quite entertaining a little bit but that's where it ends positively. I dislike his voice, a lot, i dislike the vibe of the song and the lyrics. I find the pacakage overall a little messy and all over the place. Also people keep calling out big 5 shade. Its not shade to me, they just pulled stereotypes from Europes most well known countries. I doubt referencing the voice of a serbian or a the dancing of a Lithuanian would have the same desired effect. They only other praise i could give this is congrats to Georgia for always sending risky stuff. Even if i don't like it. 4 points for the drama

Citelis

No one gonna ruin this but still it's not strong enough for high placing. Expect somewhere around 17th!

Top Bottom