3 2.4%

8 6.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Georgia-scaled.jpg

Ezio

Veteran
I take it as a cry for love from GEORGIA and not from the singer per se. Georgia is probably one of the most bashed and minisculed countries in and by Europe but also by Russia. There are political outside forces that try to deligitimize their state borders and to diminish them. People don't know much about Georgia and their culture, many don't even know they exist, unlike Armenia or Azerbaijan who are known, famous and notorious for many different reasons.

Virtually no one knows that the highest mountain of Europe is in Georgia. Virtually no one is travelling to Georgia for vacation despite of stunning sites like these
georgien-gergeti-kirche-ce6fb3fcfd.jpg

Europe ought to listen and ideally reward Georgia the victory, because Georgia needs to be exposed for all the right reasons and really should host, without interference and condescence by other countries.

mauve

Veteran
I'm having such a powerful emotional response to this song, and that doesn't happen a lot for me. It has such a raw beauty and interesting instrumentation. The grungy guitar to the godly strokes at the end that giving me imagery of the gates to heaven opening up. Tornike's voice is just fantastic and so emotive. The cry for being accepted for who you are by the person you love, or is this a cry from Georgia wanting to be accepted and seen by the rest of Europe? With the use of different languages they are reaching out to us, with a universal message of love and acceptance. Can we for once give Georgia what they deserve for year after year blessing us with those unapologetically Georgian little masterpieces? Just take them for who they are. If we make them not qualify again I think I will cry. We don't deserve Georgia, but I'm glad they still want to keep sticking around. xcry

Bless their souls xangel
Beautifully said! Georgia gave us such wonderful music the past years ... but this song is beyond beautiful. It has been a long time since a rock song touched me so deeply. I wish him so much luck in May, I hope that people will respect his song and won't leave it in the semi.

@Ezio The song is on steady loop here as well. Simply love the lyrics. A few people said that they don't like it, they probably didn't get the message of the song. Let's be happy we got such an unbelievable song at ESC.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Wow, I really like this one. My favourite Georgian entry since Nina Sublatti actually, and I enjoyed their 2019 entry as well. I like how Georgia keeps doing their own thing. Sometimes it's trash, but other times we get this! Some lyrics purists will probably have problems with this song, like they have with Alcohol You, but I don't care. The Big 5 shade tho lmao, we love to see it.

I...don't know how to rate it. Slay my bod with those alternative rock beats tho. And that voice. xheat K..uhh.. :10: for now, im too shooketh to decide rn

hijirio

Veteran
The genre is totally not my taste, but I'm enjoying it much more than I should. This is the closest you can get to Love Unlimited, the song which was presented to us as a gift from heaven.
So, take my 10 points Tornike xheart

hijirio

Veteran
Meanwhile Big 5:

;
tenor.gif

Nemo89

Meanwhile Big 5:

;
tenor.gif
Always mentioning the super villains "Big 5" xhunterxpolice ... do you know that by naming us it seems that you suffer from a sense of inferiority? xcryAre countries that have not won the ESC for years and years really scary? Then, it seems to me that Tornike was highly appreciated by the "Big 5" audience. Do you know what? I don't understand why we of the "Big 5", instead of playing clean, we should team up and take advantage of the enormous weight that our votes have in the semifinals. What would happen if this happened? Maybe your nation and others will win the ESC when the landing on Mars occurs xstars xgaahBetter not to tease the sleeping dog too much. If you add up the English, German, Italian, French and Spanish audiences ... we come to an audience of 323 million point 36xcheers:lol:

hijirio

Veteran
Always mentioning the super villains "Big 5" xhunterxpolice ... do you know that by naming us it seems that you suffer from a sense of inferiority? xcryAre countries that have not won the ESC for years and years really scary? Then, it seems to me that Tornike was highly appreciated by the "Big 5" audience. Do you know what? I don't understand why we of the "Big 5", instead of playing clean, we should team up and take advantage of the enormous weight that our votes have in the semifinals. What would happen if this happened? Maybe your nation and others will win the ESC when the landing on Mars occurs xstars xgaahBetter not to tease the sleeping dog too much. If you add up the English, German, Italian, French and Spanish audiences ... we come to an audience of 323 million point 36xcheers:lol:

tl;dr

My ultimate favourite this year is Germany, a big 5 country. So you better get your facts checked before throwing a row of paragraphs on my face lmao

hijirio

Veteran
Italy&Germany were my joint favourites in 2013. But why am i even trying to explain lol not gonna feed the nationalistic troll.

Nemo89

tl;dr

My ultimate favourite this year is Germany, a big 5 country. So you better get your facts checked before throwing a row of paragraphs on my face lmao
I always see a joke about the "Big 5" so you throw the mud yourself on the face. Maybe you like it. Saying that you like a song from the "Big 5" doesn't erase the written words. It is as if I say to any person "With all respect, you are a stupid". Offense is and offense remains.

Nemo89

Italy&Germany were my joint favourites in 2013. But why am i even trying to explain lol not gonna feed the nationalistic troll.
Nationalist? Actually, I respect every country and I gave 12 points to Germany, Georgia and Belgium and good votes to many nations. I accept the joke but there are nice and other malicious jokes. When I see malice, I am not offending, I say things as they are. However calm, it is useless to get nervous about this nonsense.

mauve

Veteran
Nationalist? Actually, I respect every country and I gave 12 points to Germany, Georgia and Belgium and good votes to many nations. I accept the joke but there are nice and other malicious jokes. When I see malice, I am not offending, I say things as they are. However calm, it is useless to get nervous about this nonsense.

Maybe you take it too seriously, Nemo89? I think actually a part of self-irony is always good. Even though I am German, I am actually not offended when making jokes about the big 5. I make jokes myself about it too. So take it easy! :)

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-His vocals are the highlight of the song for me.
-The little part of unclean vocals shows that he has range, which I can appreciate.
-I also appreciate the minimalistic approach to instrumentation.

THE BAD:
-There's a lack of a clear genre here.
-I'm not feeling this song as much as I should be.

THE VERDICT:
It'll probably still go to the Final, just because we haven't had a "rock" entry yet, I don't think. 8 points

Last edited:

aef

Wow this comes totally unexpected! They really brought this up to a new level! Normally it shouldn't be my kind of music at all but somehow I'm into it! It's so different for Eurovision and I really like that! 8 points from me!

RevNet

Why is that a bad thing? That means nothing to me.

I guess I should've been more clear about this. What I'm really saying there is: "The song is a rock song, and it should've been more of a rock song." That's what it comes down to. I even made that part clear in my post: "If you're going to do a non-pop song, you have to commit to that." I probably would've rated the song a bit higher if it had more of those unclean vocals, instead of the little bit that the song has got.

Ezio

Veteran
That's pigeonholing for me.

Top Bottom