7 3.9%

13 7.2%

7 3.9%

10 5.5%

14 7.7%

32 17.7%

• Total voters

LoveHate

I expect this to get around 20 points from the juries and 80 points from the televote.

ag89

I didn't know and i couldn't imagine that this song had so many haters as it's being said... Anyhow, they made it and I'm glad for it vut I hope they inject more energy to their performance on Saturday.

But haters are some Euro fans. Don't forget most Euro fans love la la songs. Georgia deserved to qualify and I want them to do well.

Eurovision is more than "let's be happy" songs. Having songs like Georgian in Eurovision is for me a sign of a huge improvement when it comes to music in Eurovision.

I hope other countries will do what Georgia often does in Eurovision - they play risky, they sometimes get, sometimes lose, but they bring new stuff.

Well done Georgia.

blue00eyes

This was very weird :) I thought it's a non-qualifier, but they were very good in recap compared to some others

Carian

Congrats guys! I'm so happy for you! xcheer

I didn't see you coming. Due to Montenegro's failure, I thought you would be taking the same path, but thankfully no. I agree with Ritararita, you stood out so much, it was so refreshing to hear something else than pretty plastic Melfest pop... :p And the staging was spot on, I felt like I was at their concert tbh. The performance was - as expected - satisfactory and devoid of cheap gimmicks. Only real musicians.

I guess Georgians will defeat many contestant on Saturday, I don't know how far they can go, but you definitely have no real opponent in your category. So nice to see some diversity, Swedish pop isn't the only answer, and you understood that contrary to many other countries. Well done guys!

Tuorem, if I am not mistaken, also here Swedes were involved in the final production of the song. I don't remember the guy's name who helped to polish the song in the end, but I think it was a Swede, quite a famous one. Sorry, I am bad at names :)

Carian

But haters are some Euro fans. Don't forget most Euro fans love la la songs. Georgia deserved to qualify and I want them to do well.

Eurovision is more than "let's be happy" songs. Having songs like Georgian in Eurovision is for me a sign of a huge improvement when it comes to music in Eurovision.

I hope other countries will do what Georgia often does in Eurovision - they play risky, they sometimes get, sometimes lose, but they bring new stuff.

Well done Georgia.

Surprisingly, Georgia always flops when they send some classically patterned, popish songs, but whenever they come with an alternative song, they always end up high on the scoreboard :) This is really funny.

Verjamem

Georgia's performance was really inventive, it's nice they went further.

tuorem

Tuorem, if I am not mistaken, also here Swedes were involved in the final production of the song. I don't remember the guy's name who helped to polish the song in the end, but I think it was a Swede, quite a famous one. Sorry, I am bad at names :)

You're right :lol: I thought you were talking about Cyprus but both have been partially arranged by G:son. However, by Swedish pop, I meant Melfest-like type of imports or revamps. "Midnight Gold" still feels genuine to me, unlike Malta, Lithuania, and even "Warrior" last year. It hasn't been Eurovisionified imo (new word :lol:)

Carian

You're right :lol: I thought you were talking about Cyprus but both have been partially arranged by G:son. However, by Swedish pop, I meant Melfest-like type of imports or revamps. "Midnight Gold" still feels genuine to me, unlike Malta, Lithuania, and even "Warrior" last year. It hasn't been Eurovisionified imo (new word :lol:)

I know what the point of your post was, and I totally agree with you, but it was still funny for me the other day to read that Swedes participated/were involved in the production of this song :) But yes, you are right - this song was/is totally refreshing, and I am so happy I was right about it from the start hehe.

tuorem

I know what the point of your post was, and I totally agree with you, but it was still funny for me the other day to read that Swedes participated/were involved in the production of this song :) But yes, you are right - this song was/is totally refreshing, and I am so happy I was right about it from the start hehe.

Indeed, I wasn't aware of G:son's involvement in this one. I don't know what he did because it doesn't sound like anything we've heard from him (which is good tbh). Anyway, I'm delighted to see Georgia in the final (I didn't notice they got the 23rd starting position like last year :lol:) and it will certainly do well. That was a tricky choice from them as anything that's not purely pop is more likely to be overlooked or rejected. They tried with "Three Minutes To Earth" which was musically interesting as well, it didn't pay off eventually, but I appreciate that they're more daring than their Azerbaidjani neighbours who resort to Swedish pop imports all the time.

Romeo

After seeing the performance last night I knew it would qualify. For people who like Oasis / Blur and dont usually vote in Eurovision, I think they would pick up the phone and vote for this song. The performance was great and the camera angles and stuff

Wouldn't surprise me if this ends top 10

Carian

Indeed, I wasn't aware of G:son's involvement in this one. I don't know what he did because it doesn't sound like anything we've heard from him (which is good tbh). Anyway, I'm delighted to see Georgia in the final (I didn't notice they got the 23rd starting position like last year :lol:) and it will certainly do well. That was a tricky choice from them as anything that's not purely pop is more likely to be overlooked or rejected. They tried with "Three Minutes To Earth" which was musically interesting as well, it didn't pay off eventually, but I appreciate that they're not lazy as their Azerbaidjani neighbours who resort to Swedish pop imports all the time.

Your critique of Azerbaijan is so on point - you made me laugh haha. Indeed, they are lazy. As for G:son, I can tell you only what the lead singer said: they called G:son after the song was written and done, he only helped to improve the production (what does this mean, I am not sure), but I guess he helped to improve the cohesiveness of the song. You remember, at first, it was a bit messy, but then they revamped/repaired it a bit, and it was indeed much better. That was G:son's work I guess.

As for their entries, I really liked the Georgia's entry in 2011 - it was a solid pop-rock music, and I wasnt shocked with their good result at all that year. This year, I am having the same feeling about this entry. I don't know why, but I really believe this will end in top 10. And I wish I am not mistaken.

Btw, my reply to you is coming in the afternoon :)

hugh

Thank God for Georgia in the competition, in most years they're brave enough to send something a little different and it usually pays off. Denmark and Ireland could learn from them and stop sending MOR songs if they want to qualify for the final again.

Carian

Thank God for Georgia in the competition, in most years they're brave enough to send something a little different and it usually pays off. Denmark and Ireland could learn from them and stop sending MOR songs if they want to qualify for the final again.

I have only one remark:
If you are a British, also UK=BBC could take your advice :) There are like tons of talents shows, Britain producers are top notch, but each and every year UK somehow manages to disappoint... You could so easily win this competition, but the more I think about this the more I am convinced that UK doesn't want to win :)

ES2011

Biggest win for music yesterday. I hope this will motivate other countries to also try something different, because Georgia proves that by being unique and showing quality, anything can qualify. They really broke the Eurovision fan bubble who didn't give it a chance in the slightest.

So glad this qualified over fanwanks like :no: and :mk:

JimmyJump

So this qualifies but :me: doesn't ? Something is clearly wrong with Europe ! Montenegro was by miles better !

Titowam

I'm sorry, I can't understand how this made it through. This song is a gigantic mess, and the performance gave me a headache.
But then again, someone has to come last in the finals! :p

Scania

Like some others have written before me, I am really thrilled that Georgia made it. Before semi 2 I never really gave this entry much of a thought but the performance yesterday really impressed me. Of course the effects were neat, but the song as a whole completely lacks the Eurovisionified layer. A huge plus. Of course there are many bands out there that sounds similar to Midnight Gold, but in this forum (ESC), I cannot remind myself of a song this progressive and also psychedelic, like... ever! Placing somewhere above 18th would make me so happy.

Georgia and Montenegro are again and agian showing us that artistry still can be present in this day and age of plastic-Eurovision. Now and then they also turn out rather successful.

Anthony Tesla

I've got admit, while I liked it, I thought it was hopeless when this song was selected, and I'm so happy I was wrong. When I saw the live performance, the great camera work and the atmosphere these guys brought to the stage, I thought "heck, this actually MAY have a chance".

Then I saw my mother's top 10 for this semi, and Georgia was on the list, and I thought "Holy shit! This DOES have a chance!".

When a Mexican middle-aged woman thinks you're good, I think there's a good chance you're going to make it :lol:

Sammy

Veteran
Ok, they did it - good for them! Georgia was courageous and it got rewarded. Congratulations.

But honestly, I don't want this to do too well - otherwise we could have a bunch of this musical style in the competition next year. And that would give me a hard time, because this is not at all the music I like and as I am a fan of ESC for a long time now this wouldn't make me stop following it. And I presume at least some of you who praise the song today, wouldn't be eager as well if Eurovision transformed itself to an independent grunge/rock festival.

But I don't wanna spoil your joy over the qualification. Obviously there were enough people who found it great, so it's a deserved qualifier (even if I can't listen to it too long before my ears start bleeding. :mrgreen:)

Top Bottom