Contact us

FRANCE - France 2010 - Jessy Matador - Allez Ola

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

94ayd

Cooler than the previous one, most definitely! :D

Milos-BC

Much better than the old one indeed :D

I like this song(currently #18 in my ranking), but i fear it will flop badly in Oslo :(

Isabella

This is the first French song in a long time that I like :D
But still not in my top 10.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
This year's French entrant, Jessy Matador, and his record company Wagram Music have signed a partnership with France's biggest radio station "for young people", NRJ. The video of Allez ola olé was premiered on NRJ website and the singer was the host of the 6-9, the morning talk show last Friday.
"I was born in 1983 in Paris, of Congolese origins" he declared. "Eurovision! I'm ready for the challenge, I often used to watch the show when I was a child. In France, people make a lot of criticism towards the contest... but they don't even have a look at it. It's a pity! I am proud to represent France, especially since I am a child of immigration".

Wagram Music will soon release the song digitally. The CD single will be available on May 25, with an album in June. Meanwhile, France 3 presently prepares a special report on the artist, to be broadcast shortly. Regarding the performance in Oslo, rehearsals go on. "It will have a very African mood", Bruno Berberes, French head of delegation, says, "something that has never seen before".

Besides, Mr Berberes explains that "the French song is not at all the official song of the football World Cup". The choice was made by Nicolas Pernikoff, head of Entertainment at France Télévisions, to have a summer hit with the song. The fact that the artist is of African origins would justify another connection with the World cup, but not more.

evilperson

I wonder how this song will sound performed live. I think it will come down to the live performance, if it messy it will go down but if its good then France could be in the top 10 again.

BulleDeChagrin

Honestly, I don't understand what people like about this song.
Of course, there are worse songs, I won't deny, but it just doesn't fit (yet?) in ESC, for me.
What I do praise, is their shot at innovating Eurovision, but they took it a bit too far in one try, I think.

But I won't really mind if it reaches quite a good position in the final.

Enigma

This song doesn't have anything French.
I really miss Patricia's (Kaas) old French style songs (not the one from last year's Eurovision,but the old songs).
It's quite a cheerful song but not any hint on French sophisticated and delicate soul.

Where are you,France?

BulleDeChagrin

Enigma said:
This song doesn't have anything French.
I really miss Patricia's (Kaas) old French style songs (not the one from last year's Eurovision,but the old songs).
It's quite a cheerful song but not any hint on French sophisticated and delicate soul.

Where are you,France?

Oh, you're so right! Though I still listen to 'Et s'il fallait le faire...' too, it's such a beautiful song!
France was once a country with world influence in music, but there's nothing left of that 'sophisticated and delicate soul', like you beautifully worded!

PeterLPZ

I´m very surprised that France send such a song. I like it and the more i hear it, it grow up in my ranking list. If the performance on stage is great, it has really a chance to get a TOP10 place.
Good luck, France.
But last years entry was so beautiful - i love Patricia Kaas since many years and it is a great song.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
:shock:

It's the first rehearsal and I'm trying to give them the benefit of a doubt but that was A DISASTER.
I mean vocally it was nothing but a big mess and even though we couldn't see everything the choreography doesn't really wow me, either.

Oh oh....

evilperson

Again quick watch it before its gone, the French performance!

[youtube:3qy6fvpk]tI0Bwgy1XmE[/youtube:3qy6fvpk]

Top Bottom