7 4.4%

9 5.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

mauve

Veteran
I am just recovering from a bad flu to return seeing France sending this song --- I am really torn. Yes, I am a sucker for these kinds of ballads, I admit - the melody is fine, his voice sounds powerful as well, but for me the entry lacks a bit of originality. Wished that France had the guts to be more risky. But the song will be a Jury-magnet - that's for sure..

ailane

I am just recovering from a bad flu to return seeing France sending this song --- I am really torn. Yes, I am a sucker for these kinds of ballads, I admit - the melody is fine, his voice sounds powerful as well, but for me the entry lacks a bit of originality. Wished that France had the guts to be more risky. But the song will be a Jury-magnet - that's for sure..
If it will be or not,i don't care,the only fact that matters to me is that i liked the song.

boyardor

Nice start. :7: because I don´t know what to expect from other countries.

b4ld3r

It's nice! Will be interesting to see how it holds up after more listens, because it is a bit repetitive. But if my first impression stays intact, it may be my favourite French song since Amir (but that's not saying much haha). Hoping for his sake that this is one of the years where Italy doesn't go for the male ballad.

The French delegation sure like leaning into stereotypes/its branding though. The title is "Mon Amour", the hook is "Je t'aime", it contains a Paris namedrop lol.

Also, I wonder if he will bring his Dotter vest along to Malmö?

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
Well I already like the unchosen Albanian song more than this.

The lyrics are too simple and sound good only because of the melodicality of the french language (most esc fans are not francophones so the simplicity of the lyrics will not be an issue)
The melody is unmemorable.
The only redeeming factor is his impeccable vocals, but I don’t think this is (or should be) a voice contest.

4/12 from me with no potential to go up, sadly. xcry

hope they change the song cuz Slimane is a huge name in France and I doubt any televote potential for this.

ailane

It's nice! Will be interesting to see how it holds up after more listens, because it is a bit repetitive. But if my first impression stays intact, it may be my favourite French song since Amir (but that's not saying much haha). Hoping for his sake that this is one of the years where Italy doesn't go for the male ballad.

The French delegation sure like leaning into stereotypes/its branding though. The title is "Mon Amour", the hook is "Je t'aime", it contains a Paris namedrop lol.

If it goes,i woudn't care,im not rooting for any countries,im rooting for the songs i like. I want all countries to send a song that i will like,independent of the results.

ailane

Well I already like the unchosen Albanian song more than this.

The lyrics are too simple and sound good only because of the melodicality of the french language (most esc fans are not francophones so the simplicity of the lyrics will not be an issue)
The melody is unmemorable.
The only redeeming factor is his impeccable vocals, but I don’t think this is (or should be) a voice contest.

4/12 from me with no potential to go up, sadly. xcry

hope they change the song cuz Slimane is a huge name in France and I doubt any televote potential for this.
i don't care about the results so much,only if i like the song or not,for me is the only thing that matters,it's totally ok if you didn't liked,but i liked,now maybe less than the first time,so i will give a 6/12 or 7/12.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Not really a fan of Slimane to say the least (his duet thing with Vitaa is just horsesh*t to my ears) but i admit that i like the fact FTV finally finds a way to send someone who's really popular here when he's competing, if it can appeal more big local stars i'm here for it.

As for the song, well it's typical Slimane, powerful ballad, nothing really new under the sun. Final chorus lacks a bit of oomph effect but he will carry this. He fills up stadiums here and has a lot of stage experience so i'm quite easy about us for the season, this surely will have a lot of jury points. But again, we're still too early so what will future bring us ?

ailane

Now i know what you are talking about,is indeed a bit repetitive,but i think that's because i listened too many times. I still like the song,but maybe i should stop listening now.

ailane

A good and surprising start into the season. Great voice but the song is a bit boring. I give 6 points.
I don't find is boring,i like songs like this,i think is just a bit repetitive if you listen too many times.

lasse braun

given above a :5:.
+ the good voice.
- a very conventional ballad(sound).
the voice is strong but in the music i find no magic.
and why 6 months before the final releasing it???
i don't understand this - things especially balladthings could going very fast boring if there is no special (catchy) melody.
on the other way when i take a look here,the bigger forum,esc-kompakt i think the most gays love the song a lot and wiwibloggs will push it a lot i am sure.
the marco mengoni effect will follow?
xqueenbitch

ailane

given above a :5:.
+ the good voice.
- a very conventional ballad(sound).
the voice is strong but in the music i find no magic.
and why 6 months before the final releasing it???
i don't understand this - things especially balladthings could going very fast boring if there is no special (catchy) melody.
on the other way when i take a look here,the bigger forum,esc-kompakt i think the most gays love the song a lot and wiwibloggs will push it a lot i am sure.
the marco mengoni effect will follow?
xqueenbitch
What does the sexuality of the person has to do with it?
I think boring is not exactly the right word,i think is a bit repetitive if you listen too many times,but everyone will feel different about the song,because nobody is the same,there are people that will dislike a song and there will people that will like,i like thinking this way.

The point i would give now after listening the song many times,is 6/12 or 7/12. The first time i heard,i liked more.

ayzelto

6 from me. Most of his other songs are better than this imo, although this one is pleasant enough. While it’s true the juries will like this, who’s gonna pick up the phone and vote for it?

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Joking aside, it is exactly as I feared. Powerful vocals and totally in line with his usual discography, but that's it. Lyrics are quite simplistic, melody is both predictable and lacks a clear hook. I had to listen to it a few times to get it in my head and it doesn't go much crescendo either. It's the same issue I had with the recent San Remo winners and their male ballads: decent song but it leaves me absolutely cold. A :3:

ailane

if we talking about ESC & males a lot. :D
the beauty marco has played perfectly with it. xqueenbitch
No,i don't think like this,so are you saying that if a person is gay they have to like this song? Sorry if i understood wrong but for me it looks like you are saying this.

Top Bottom