1 0.5%

7 3.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Ezio

Veteran
France went from mystery and sensuality in the video to arrogance in the staging.

Ezio

Veteran
Wow, they were pretty close to points in some countries.
Would be cool if these stats would include the points according to 2009-2012, 2013 and 2014-2015 rules as well

Paco Roca

I never understood all the fuss caused by "Évidemment". The song and staging, while acknowledging the effort put into it, were mediocre. Overall it was an attempt to "play it safe", an unsuccessful experiment to refresh "Voilà" (moving from a dramatic atmosphere to a more irreverent one). The dance sound mixed with the chanson wasn't a bad idea but unfortunately the song wasn't going anywhere. My mother, who usually likes French songs, said "To me arouses no emotion". The dress was cute but the whole representation a little too foreboding, a cliché of self-important, nationalist French. Because that French flag on the screen, the diva with a raised snobbish eyebrow and the Eiffel Tower where it was located gave the world this impression. Mine may seem harsh words but they are actually objective. Vocally La Zarra was one of those "No"s we often hear on X Factor. I pass over the angry gesture because, unlike many, it didn't offend me. the Eurovision Song Contest is also diversity and freedom of expression. We are not in a court where etiquette must be respected.

If France wants to win, it must send an established artist who sings a rap in the French language. Rap is a "new genre" in the contest that would distinguish itself from years and years of seductive wild dances with a Latin flavor, poignant ballads, prefabricated pop in bittersweet sauce, joke songs and experimental songs. If not, France won't dispel its curse and its fans will continue to hide their disappointment in the form of lack of interest (because the French love the Eurovision Song Contest, otherwise there wouldn't have been all that enthusiasm about the chance of winning by Barbara Pravi).

Top Bottom