Me voilà dans le bruit et dans la fureur aussi
Regardez moi enfin et mes yeux et mes mains
Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilà, me voilà, me voilà
Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

FRFanESC

We'll likely end up having a super-finale as the HOD talked about a 2-step voting with télévote being included in both steps.

Based only on my opinions on songs without stagings, I can see a super-finale with Barbara (obviously), Philippine and maybe Andriamad (even though I don't like it) or Casanova (the only classic pop uptempo + french love Corsica) or Amui (thanks to Polynesian votes but it would end up in the end of juries votes, I guess).

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Finally found everything ! Here is my final ranking :

Same level that "Mon Allié" :

Nothing coming close to this underrated masterpiece

Amazing :

Barbara Pravi "Voilà" : Wow she's living her song, it's so beautiful congrats Barbara !

Good :

Terence James "Je t'emmènerais danser" : Haha I know him ! I love his voice and the cornemuse, the song is not bad too
Juliette Moraine "Pourvu Qu'on M'aime" : It's really good, she has a nice voice and the song is nice.

Not bad :

Casanova "Tutti" : CORSICA ! I love the Corsican langage and he is a good singer but the song is meh
Andriamad "Alléluia" : It's definitely not bad, the lyrics are good too, bless the ethnic part
Amui "Maeva" : I don't like the song but I love the fact that they're showing their culture

Bad :

Ali "Paris Me Dis" : A typic mainstream song, the only positive thing is his good voice
Céphaz "On a mangé le soleil" : Just bon appétit mdr
21 Juin Le Duo "Peux-tu me dire" : It reminds me of Trois Cafés Gourmands, it's really bad
LMK "Magique" : NO NO AND NO

My ears are bleeding :

Philippine "Bah Non" : I skipped after one minute
Pony X "Amour Fou" : Juste like Philippine

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Very fine selection from France xheart

Lemme start with sharing my top 3 so far (need a couple more listenings, before making a full ranking).

1. LMK - Magique (ok WINNER xheat)
2. Pony X - Amour Fou
3. ALI - Paris me dit

#WeWantIOTAPBack xqueenbitch xqueenbitch

Mimmon

Veteran
Finally properly listened to all songs
So here is my final ranking before the show

1.Andriamad-Alléluia
2.Barbara Pravi-Voilà
3.Philippine-Bah Non
4.Cephaz-On A Mangé Le Soleil
5.LMK-Magique
6.Amui-Maeva
7.Ali-Paris Me Dit
8.Poney X-Amour Fou
9.Casanova-Tutti
10.21 Juin Le Duo-Peux-Tu Me Dire?
11.Terence James-Je T'Emmènerai Danser
12.Juliette Moraine-Pourvu Qu'on M'Aime

Schlagerman1

This ain't a bad NF, quite decent overall, but there is no question about it. Barbara Pravi has a fantastic song, it is just way too good in this line-up. So French, so tender, so memorable. Might do well in Eurovision as well! France is back folks, let's just hope the French people doesn't become deaf during spring. xrofl

rasmuslights

Veteran
This ain't a bad NF, quite decent overall, but there is no question about it. Barbara Pravi has a fantastic song, it is just way too good in this line-up. So French, so tender, so memorable. Might do well in Eurovision as well! France is back folks, let's just hope the French people doesn't become deaf during spring. xrofl

I'm going to bet she's going to win, everything is going towards the direction of her winning. She wrote a jesc winner entry, she has the most instagram followers out of the competitors (except that guy from Thaiti has more) - I know it doesn't matter that much but still, her song appeals not only to older generation (like a french chanson), but also to younger people and she's also very good live + she's a early favourite to win it, don't really know what could take away her win, it's almost as certain as Uku's win, except that Uku doesn't deserve to win while Barbara does (talking song wise)

Loindici

Veteran

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm not generally feeling these as much as other people seem to be liking them unfortunately. There is one though that I really like. Perhaps to no one's surprise here, it's Barbara Pravi's Voilà. The instrumentation really makes it for me. It's dark and has an urgency to it that really sets it apart from your average ballad. It gives me goosebumps when it speeds up at the end. What's stopping it from being god tier though is Barbara's voice. Technically she's extremely good but I'd feel this even better with a deeper, more lived in voice carrying it (something that comes naturally with age or a whisky habit). If this were picked it might just become my favourite French entry since Et s'il fallait le faire.

ALI's Paris me dit is the other song I don't mind, namely because it's like you're stepping into a 00s/early10s Eurovision time machine and I'm a sucker for the pops desperately hanging onto the past. Those tasty pulsating synths at the end of the song though, put them into the rest of the song, dammit! They're so good.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Haven't listened to them all in full but at least based on the recap I think my top three would be Voilà, Bah Non and Amour Fou. (in that order)

I really hope Barbara can take this, the more I listen to Voilá the more I become certain I'm going to be sad at any other outcome. It has such a beautiful energy to it.

HayashiM

Veteran
Finally got to listen to all songs in full:

xheart
  • Barbara Pravi - "Voilà" - I've expressed my love for this song already, it is pure Art (I know that some find Art to be a swear word after Salvador's actions; I beg to differ). The gradual build up is very well written and the gentle instrumentals complement her voice just the way they should. The French sound is indisputable. And the emotion conveyed is very real, very believable. Ballad or not, I think you guys would be absolutely crazy not to send it. I can even imagine Barbara winning ESC, and I am sorry, I don't think that is true for any other song in this selection. Voilà can totally be the next APD, or at least the next Proud.
Now get ready to see Barbara finishing 2nd in this NF :D Because that is what's probably gonna happen, isn't it?​
  • Andriamad - "Alléluia" - I am vibing with these guys, they are also very, very good. The nice kind of uptempo, a message I can get behind, ethno vibes that somehow remind me of Soldi, well, they are yummy. However I guess this would get a Mercy kind of result at best.

:D
  • Juliette Morain - "Pourvu qu'on aime" - another very nice ballad. Sadly for Juliette, there's Barbara in this selection, and Barbara eats everyone for breakfast, especially in direct genre comparison.
  • 21 juin le duo - "Peux-tu me dire" - Cringy, borderline joke act, please don't send this. But it is also very fun, contagiously careless, positive, and absolutely my guilty pleasure. I could probably watch Manon perform all day.
  • Pony X - "Amour fou" - I am really not a fan of these randomly thrown gimmicky horse/pony heads. However the song is very enjoyable and Clarence seems to be a natural performer, I believe he could sell this live.
  • Céphaz - "On a mangé le soleil" - Smooth. Great voice. For once, I don't even find the la la la parts annoying. But somehow I think this doesn't stand out enough.
  • LMK - "Magique" - Party vibe, Bop, and also something what I imagine would appease the numerous ballad haters. However, speaking of breakfasts... There's already Efendi and Elena (possibly also Athena) in the mix for this year. I'd be rather surprised if they didn't totally destroy LMK. Bop-wise, you can certainly do better.

:cool:
  • Philippine - "Bah non" - The song is above average on the first listen, but the more I listen to it, the more I find it just monotone and borderline annoying. Her stage presence kind of saves it.
  • Amui - "Maeva" - It stands out in a way. I appreciate the Polynesian aspect and possible broadening of our cultural horizons. But apart for the cheerful beat, I don't find Maeva musically that interesting.
  • Casanova - "Tutti" - It's fun, but just not enough fun. Cool chorus, completely losing me on the verses.

😞
  • Terence James - "Je t'emmènerai danser" - the usual slick melfest uptempo guy with a little tedious melody and some high pitched parts in the chorus. But there's a twist - it's in French! It could maybe even place well I guess, but please, no. It would mean you've learnt absolutely nothing from 2020.
  • Ale - "Paris me dit" - maybe there is more to the song's atmosphere, but these vocals are just very dubious.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
Guys, is the voting explanation already out? If it is, where should I see it?

I wanna see whether there's gonna be some international jury shenanigans this year
---
EDIT: Nevermind, there's already some details on Eurovoix. it's the usual 50-50 public/jury system. Five juries are from France, five more are international guests, and all juries are going to be from 'all walks of life'.

This is a good voting system on paper. There are 5 juries from France which gave a bigger voting power for French people than the international judges. I REALLY hope these also include people with no Eurovision connection whatsoever, without also having too much HoDs or former Eurovision participants.

Last edited:

Koori

I wanna see whether there's gonna be some international jury shenanigans this year
---
EDIT: Nevermind, there's already some details on Eurovoix. it's the usual 50-50 public/jury system. Five juries are from France, five more are international guests, and all juries are going to be from 'all walks of life'.

This is a good voting system on paper. There are 5 juries from France which gave a bigger voting power for French people than the international judges. I REALLY hope these also include people with no Eurovision connection whatsoever, without also having too much HoDs or former Eurovision participants.

From what I've heard, it should be 100% public voting, but let's see when they announce it officially

FRFanESC

---

A friend of mine told me that "everyone" would be jury and I thought it was a wish from him but it's actually true, I didn't even know.

Anyway our HoD confirmed a two-steps voting with public being included in both + a 10 people jury as you said, with 5 french + 5 international juries. I guess we'll get a first step where juries + public will vote for their favorite and the 3 contestants who got the most points (without revealing the details from juries or public vote, I hope) in the combined results will form a super-final.

By the way Barbara said on insta that the final will be in february, some people are even talking about a final for the 20 or 27 february. The only reason I see for this delay is that they definitely want to deliver a huge show with a physical public (covid) in a city outside of Paris as previously announced.

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
I gave the line-up a second close listening. So that would be my top 5

1. Barbara Pravi - Voilà: 10/10
2. Cépaz - On a mangé le soleil: 8/10
3. Juliette Moraine - Pourvu qu'on m'aime: 8/10
4. Ai - Paris me dit 7/10
5. Amui - Maeva 7/10 (I fear though this could be a BIG fader)

Top Bottom