24 10.8%

20 9.0%

20 9.0%

12 5.4%

6 2.7%

21 9.4%

• Total voters

Quent91

Like every year, there is a big drama in France about the results...

The head of the entertainments of France 2, Nathalie André, told : "I'm furious, if it all depended on me, I would see the organizers and tell them :"Ciao, we won't be there next year"."

http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/ar...-de-dire-tchao-on-ne-revient-pas-en-2016.html

Lisa Angell also said : "I'm ashamed... Music and politics can't work together... It's a total injustice..."

http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/ar...te-musique-et-politique-ca-ne-marche-pas.html

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Well I'm not surprised they feel a little robbed. Everything seemed to be going well for them, then suddenly they end up in the death slot and basically get messed up by the EBU. I just hope that they get a better deal next year, assuming, of course, that they send an equally amazing song.

bstream

France, along with the UK, could start pulling top 10s when and if they start taking this a bit more seriously. Italy has been in the top 10 every year they selected their entrant from SanRemo (since 2011).

toinou03

Well, at least, they now know that dramatic ballads don't do well either. We had drama queen rage last year because Joanna wasn't chosen... She sang way worse and had a way poorer ballad. She'd have had zero.

Now we can go further. As would say one Icelandic philosopher, "One step at a time !" :lol:

busybee

France, what can I say???? That juries this year were blind, deaf and tasteless???

I just couldn't believe the points they gave to your wonderful singer/song/backdrop. Sure, I could complain about televoting, too, but from the general public and ages that vote you don't always expect to appreciate this kind of art. But professionals should.

A real shame for me.

Congrats on your song/singer, anyway. For me, you definitely deserved to be in the top 10.

GWTW1939

Well I'm not surprised they feel a little robbed. Everything seemed to be going well for them, then suddenly they end up in the death slot and basically get messed up by the EBU. I just hope that they get a better deal next year, assuming, of course, that they send an equally amazing song.

I hope your right but after three years of crap I'm not sure it will change and there is little reason to hope for it.

Besides in this rigged "draw" its not the quality of the song that dictates where its placed but tempo, genre and such, at least that's what they claimed when they introduced it :rolleyes: No matter what you may personally think of the French entries their draw never makes any sense, especially the last two. Only an idiot would think Amandine would have been the perfect opener and Twin Twin had a modern uptempo and second half yet still got sacked in a terrible spot.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
France, along with the UK, could start pulling top 10s when and if they start taking this a bit more seriously. Italy has been in the top 10 every year they selected their entrant from SanRemo (since 2011).

France took it deadly seriously this year. There was nothing more they could have done. The performance was stunning.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
France took it deadly seriously this year. There was nothing more they could have done. The performance was stunning.

They could have selected a much better song and someone with a richer, more interesting voice. This song should have been right up my alley but I felt nothing from it. They did do everything they could with what they had though. The staging was strong and Lisa performed it well, but the same could be said for most other songs this year. It just wasn't poignant enough to get people (most importantly with an entry like this, the juries) on board. Very plain overall. I think it deserved better than 25th place though, but I wouldn't have put it that much higher up.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
They could have selected a much better song and someone with a richer, more interesting voice. This song should have been right up my alley but I felt nothing from it. They did do everything they could with what they had though. The staging was strong and Lisa performed it well, but the same could be said for most other songs this year. It just wasn't poignant enough to to get people (most importantly with an entry like this, the juries) on board. Very plain overall. I think it deserved better than 25th place though, but I wouldn't have put it that much higher up.

Yeah, I don't agree with a single bit of that. The song is obviously a builder, but by the end of it I find it to be spectacular, and the live performance was out of this world. Her vocals were top 3 on the night and the stage show was enthralling. Not to mention the huge reaction it got in the hall. Songs like this will always be niche though, and France are never afraid to send something different.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
France are never afraid to send something different.

And let us be glad of that! It's the different and amazing songs which make Eurovision what it is, for better or for worse!

Jay25

The France song was ofc not bad, It was just way too demanding for a show like Eurovision :)

You should try to find a mix between the seriousness of "N'oubliez pas" and silliness of "Moustache" :D

evija87

I had nice discussion about France in Eurovision Debate group on Facebook and my conclusion was that even though I like the song it didn't make me "aww!". The performance itself was very good (Lisa is great singer, lovely person) and backdrop was stunning but the song just fall flat for me. I consulted with my mum and she said it wasn't memorable enough for her and didn't have strong melody that would drill it's way into her head and stay through the rest of the night with such flow of good and great songs that were presented.

There is a difference between like and love and that makes us pick up our phones and cast our vote for our favourite song/songs. Simply "like" isn't good enough in a contest like Eurovision.
Another factor is just bad luck (drawing 1st half) and EBU set up (2nd damned spot). It's a shame :/ Seriously, Amandine got 1st spot 2 years ago. France deserve better treatment!

I hope when first wave of emotions will go by, France will think of plan to bounce back - not withdraw.
Germany did it with Lena, Italy came back to strong results, it's possible you just have to keep trying I guess...

Milos-BC

One of the best stage shows this year. It was really outstanding, but there was absolutely nothing in this song to back it up. The song is extremely forgettable and flat and it was doomed to fail from the start, so the end result comes as no surprise for me at all.

Odalis

Seriously? Seriously? Ok, i'm going to start saying awful things right now so scroll it down if you like this entry a lot.
The song itself, the way it was written, is not bad, not bad at all, it could have been one very emotional piece of music IF it wasn't for...

1. A singer that looks way better in a kitchen baking cookies for her grandkids, than on a stage. She's not an artist, she has a charisma of 200 years old rust (which is just a bit more charismatic than her), she is not attractive.
2. If the previous wasn't enough, there is one more nail in a coffin: she's a horrible. Horrible. Horrible singer.
Yes, she hits the right notes, she knows her do-re-mi math and blah blah but she's a "karaoke" singer.
Her voice is flat, lifeless, there's no interesting tember, no depth, no nothing. Absolutely nothing.
She is physically not capable of conveying emotions through her voice.

I'm really bombed that a talentless bad looking singer with an average song got more points than beautiful Ann Sophie with a good song and her interesting voice xboring
I'm done.

DanielLuis

Seriously? Seriously? Ok, i'm going to start saying awful things right now so scroll it down if you like this entry a lot.
The song itself, the way it was written, is not bad, not bad at all, it could have been one very emotional piece of music IF it wasn't for...

1. A singer that looks way better in a kitchen baking cookies for her grandkids, than on a stage. She's not an artist, she has a charisma of 200 years old rust (which is just a bit more charismatic than her), she is not attractive.
2. If the previous wasn't enough, there is one more nail in a coffin: she's a horrible. Horrible. Horrible singer.
Yes, she hits the right notes, she knows her do-re-mi math and blah blah but she's a "karaoke" singer.
Her voice is flat, lifeless, there's no interesting tember, no depth, no nothing. Absolutely nothing.
She is physically not capable of conveying emotions through her voice.

I'm really bombed that a talentless bad looking singer with an average song got more points than beautiful Ann Sophie with a good song and her interesting voice xboring
I'm done.

Well in the jury voting France scared the same as Germany, and in the televoting France scored one point less. It's just in the combined rankings that France finished above Germany, so you have that going for you :D

julien4ESC

Even one of our minister Laurent Fabius commented our poor result. He said that France in Eurovision was television before invention of television. He also said that people who choose the song should get a moral test.

kamc

Can France send Patricia Kaas back for next year? Thanks :)

Top Bottom