Contact us

Finland FINLAND 2024 - Windows95man - No Rules!

How do you rate this entry?

26 15.1%

8 4.7%

9 5.2%

8 4.7%

16 9.3%

6 3.5%

17 9.9%

12 7.0%

9 5.2%

16 9.3%

45 26.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

b4ld3r

As far as Nordic novelty entries goes, this is much better than Subwoolfer or Rasmussen. Him hatching from the egg is kind of funny, and the whole "fake nude" choreography is creative. I'm also admittedly very weak for the Gunther vocals.

Last edited:

martin

Typical entry who could go both way. I could this in top 5 but also NQ in semifinal.

For me this is 6 points

Datura

I was referring to Austria 2022 because it sounded vocally as bad as No rules. I hope they fix it until May.
yea i got u and i meant that finland doesn't sound bad live imo

Paco Roca

For me here, public preference aside, Finland has opted for the safest choice. He excluded Cyan Kicks for fear of clashing with too many Rock contenders (an acceptable choice) and excluded Sara Siipola. On the latter I say, like Angelina Mango and Nebulossa, that she was as capable of winning in 2024 as she was of doing worse on average than "No Rules". I'm not a fan of Finland's new entry ESC but I don't mind it. There is energy, potential and fun. Together with Norway, Spain, France and Italy it is among the best musical products.

Iker

Veteran
IMHO the song itself is just a slightly above average eurodance song deliberately channelling 90s energy that suits other ideas but the hilarious and refreshing staging/performance elevates it to something even better. Even though I cannot call myself a fan of it - it is still among the better entries thus far.

njdevils94

Veteran
This is soooooooooooo trash.
I don't have words.
This sh..t won over Paskana?
How did public voted this?
Speechless
Yes, its sad Sara Siipola didn't win. Unfortunatley Finland really don't like ballads and the public had 75% of the vote so the Jury impact is really irrelevant despite being in last place with them.

nudiecrudi

Yes, its sad Sara Siipola didn't win. Unfortunatley Finland really don't like ballads and the public had 75% of the vote so the Jury impact is really irrelevant despite being in last place with them.
It's incredible how could people like and vote for this crap.
Sorry for being so harsh but Paskana was such an elegant and qualitative song.
Trash done with a certain purpose functions perfectly and I'm here for it, I loved Croatia 23. But this

heke1988

This is soooooooooooo trash.
I don't have words.
This sh..t won over Paskana?
How did public voted this?
Speechless
Well acccording those, who voted this said, this was best performance and best singed.

Summersun

I'm Finnish, and I almost voted for Windows95man, because I genuinely enjoyed the live performance, but instead I gave my vote to Sexmane for a vulnerable and genuine song - guessing if No rules was to win, it would do so without my help. And it did. I love everything about our pick.

I had nothing against Sara's song, but the reality of the ESC is, it was more likely to disqualify at the semi-finals than No rules. She has a unique voice and the song, if you understand the lyrics, is pretty powerful. I look forward to hearing this song played on the Finnish radio for years to come. I don't, however, think that this song would stand out on the ESC stage - and I think her staging was too reminiscent of Loreen's last year. I don't see beautiful women with beige outfits singing emotional songs in a fog winning two years in a row. With a different staging, maybe, buy this was what we got to see, and this is what I based my opinion on. I also remember the last time we sent an emotional sad song with a talented performer to the ESC (Blackbird) and never qualified, despite the hype beforehand.

Windows95man is a visual artist and a performer, and although the performance might not please everyone, Henri Piispanen does a great job with the vocals, and the staging is carefully planned. It is easy to make a cringey ESC performance by accident, but to do it on purpose, while appearing effortless, is art. At its finest, art isn't made to please juries, but to fulfill the vision of the artist, regardless of the reaction it ewokes. For one viewers, No rules is trash, for another, it's a joyous, catchy song about being yourself. I think, regardless of how it will perform with the juries, we are getting a great show.

HarryUK

Veteran
The question is, is he going to be allowed to stay in his pants on the Eurovision stage???

mup

Unapologetically unhinged entry. :ROFLMAO: Actually I don't mind the song - ESC is known for having a quota of this - perhaps some elements of the whole staging are too much to handle :LOL:. I mean, think about good ol' uncle Salvador Sobral watching ESC in May while sitting in his armchair and sipping a glass of Porto... then a half-naked man pops up in white socks and sandals starts spinning with fireworks... Somebody call an ambulance! :ROFLMAO:

heke1988

That was karma for not picking Circle of Light, the performance could've been fixed 🥲 (Should've been allowed to perform again in the first place...)
Well if I remember right, YLE gave Emma a change to perform again in the first place, but she didn't want to. Of course I can remember that wrong.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm Finnish, and I almost voted for Windows95man, because I genuinely enjoyed the live performance, but instead I gave my vote to Sexmane for a vulnerable and genuine song - guessing if No rules was to win, it would do so without my help. And it did. I love everything about our pick.

I had nothing against Sara's song, but the reality of the ESC is, it was more likely to disqualify at the semi-finals than No rules. She has a unique voice and the song, if you understand the lyrics, is pretty powerful. I look forward to hearing this song played on the Finnish radio for years to come. I don't, however, think that this song would stand out on the ESC stage - and I think her staging was too reminiscent of Loreen's last year. I don't see beautiful women with beige outfits singing emotional songs in a fog winning two years in a row. With a different staging, maybe, buy this was what we got to see, and this is what I based my opinion on. I also remember the last time we sent an emotional sad song with a talented performer to the ESC (Blackbird) and never qualified, despite the hype beforehand.

Windows95man is a visual artist and a performer, and although the performance might not please everyone, Henri Piispanen does a great job with the vocals, and the staging is carefully planned. It is easy to make a cringey ESC performance by accident, but to do it on purpose, while appearing effortless, is art. At its finest, art isn't made to please juries, but to fulfill the vision of the artist, regardless of the reaction it ewokes. For one viewers, No rules is trash, for another, it's a joyous, catchy song about being yourself. I think, regardless of how it will perform with the juries, we are getting a great show.

So being shit and being cringy even if by purpose is now called art? I guess I have to rank all of the Hollywood films from the 2000s with a 5-star on Letterboxd since they're art even though they are bad. But they are made to please to audience so they must be good.

Like sorry but this is not good for the contest. If I were an artist like Jesse Markin, Sara or even Sexmane and saw this win before me, just BECAUSE of the wacky performance, I'd be mad. Or at esc, you have artists like Angelina, Olly, Slimane, Gate, Jerry and Alyona, Raiven, Marina Satti, and even Dons, who are all credible and very respected in their own countries, and then someone like this competing with you? I'd think it's a joke. I honestly think it's disrespectful towards Eurovision as a song contest and other artists as well. Especially since this will do well not because it deserves to but because people are tasteless and lack attention span. And you may say who am I to talk about what deserves to finish above anything else? Well, because here we're not talking about subjective matters, it's objective. And the jury result at umk proves it and so will the jury vote at esc.

I have nothing against you, just debating haha.

Top Bottom