Contact us

Finland FINLAND 2024 - Windows95man - No Rules!

How do you rate this entry?

26 14.9%

8 4.6%

9 5.1%

8 4.6%

17 9.7%

6 3.4%

17 9.7%

12 6.9%

9 5.1%

17 9.7%

46 26.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

0scar

Decided on my top just now

1. Sara Siipola - Paskana
2. Cyan Kicks - Dancing with Demons
3. Sini Sabotage - Kuori mua
4. Mikael Gabriel x Nublu - Vox Populi
5. Windows95man - No Rules
6. Jesse Markin - Glow
7. Sexmane - Mania

rasmuslights

Veteran
Jessie and Windows95man are out of the top 50 charts, so they aren't winning.

I still believe a lot will depend on performances though. I can see all Sara, Sexmane, Cyan Kicks and M and N winning. Sini less likely.

MAD20

Just listened to all the songs and here's my top:

1. Mikael Gabriel & Nublu - Vox Populi
2. Cyan Kicks - Danicing with the Demons
3. Windows95man - No Rules
4. Sara Siipola - Paskana
5. Jesse Markin - Glow
6. Sini Sabotage - Kuori Mua
7. Sexmane - MANIA

Finland serving once again, literally any of the songs in this NF could get at least a decent result in Eurovision.

Chatiainen

Apparently, Jesse Markin will not participate in Eurovision if Israel does. So there is not much more to be heard about him in these signs.
I listened to the songs 2 times without watching the videos and I think the top 3 are

1. Cyan Kicks - Danicing with the Demons

2. Jesse Markin - Glow (but apparently he's not participating then?)

3. Sara Siipola - Paskana

99999. Windows95man - No Rules 💩💩💩💩💩

mercachita

Another nice line-up this year; it might not be as amazingly good as last year's, but there is a lot of quality in almost every song, even if they aren't my taste. I've already decided my ranking, and for me, it's crystal clear which ones are my favorite and my least favorite:

1. Vox Populi - Mikael Gabriel & Nublu
2. MANIA - Sexmane
3. Glow - Jesse Markin
4. Kuori Mua - Sini Sabotage
5. Paskana - Sara Siipola
6. Dancing with the Demons - Cyan Kicks
7. No Rules - Windows95man (wtf is this?)

Wynnter

Super late impressions of the rest, but because I already started it, I have to finish.

"Glow" is a nice song for some good vibing, but not much competition material though. The weird thing is that only 17 seconds in and I completely lose track of what's going on. Thankfully it manages to get a grip during the (pre-)chorus, but those random segments during the verses just... what..? Anyways, it's not a bad song or anything, but man... I need some MORE POWER! The chorus has a thing going for it that tingles my brain a bit (in the good way), and only with more OOMPH it could have been something more, especially in between the choruses... Hm. It only ends up being a fine song in the end.

"No Rules!" - no thank you. Too much of a joke song for me, even if there's a nice intent behind it. Camp can work for me, but not this kind. It just feels so childish and immature in the bad way. Idk.

"Kuori mua" is fun. But is that enough? Nah. I like the punch of the production and the integration of the piano, which they could have played around with a bit more. But otherwise it doesn't experiment or change the flow in a way that intrigues me.

"Vox populi" is also fun. And it's also not enough. It has energy which probably boosts this song above some of the other ones in the selection. I think the punch of the guitars does most of the work in that regard. And of course the very fast beat, which is cool to have. But overall, hmmm. It doesn't have the "sauce" you know? It ends up being a fine song, but in a competition like this I fear that can be a big disadvantage. It will depend on the staging. If they mess it up, it's over for this particular entry.

jatojo

*sigh* We had so many great songs at this point last year. Almost every song from UMK was amazing, from Spain we had 'Nochentera', from Norway 'Break It', from Denmark 'I Was Gonna Marry Him'.

I knew then that it was a special phenomenon, and 2024 has confirmed that.

rasmuslights

Veteran
According to FB comments under a YLE post, Sara is the overwhelming favourite. There are also some comments rooting for MG/Windows95man/Jesse.

When it comes to Sexmane I just don't think his audience is facebook people, so he might do better.

I'm very surprised the Finns don't enjoy Cyan Kicks.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Apparently, Jesse Markin will not participate in Eurovision if Israel does. So there is not much more to be heard about him in these signs.
I listened to the songs 2 times without watching the videos and I think the top 3 are

1. Cyan Kicks - Danicing with the Demons

2. Jesse Markin - Glow (but apparently he's not participating then?)

3. Sara Siipola - Paskana

99999. Windows95man - No Rules 💩💩💩💩💩

Also, taste! Windows95 is the only god awful song.

mauve

Veteran
On Saturday the only Final I will be watching is UMK and later on Sanremo. I am hoping for either Sara or C. Kicks!

Ajeje Brazorf

Sara totally skyrocketing in the odds: finally a good news after the "Geolier outbreak" in Italy. If she wins I will be extremely happy and I'm sure she will deliver a strong performance. We need a moderno power ballad like this in Mälmo...

My 6:37 AM alarm is ... MANIA! 🤣 Following UMK on Saturday as well, can't wait to see all the contestants except for the Putin orc.

eerik

Just noticed that UMK will be shown live on Estonian television (TV3) for the first time.

I wonder if Estonian diaspora in Finland will "activate" itself and vote for MG and nublu? Do they even like and appreciate them there? I swear every time I visit my relatives in Finland, the local Estonian radio station there plays the worst kind of shit I've never even heard in Estonia.

b4ld3r

Sexmane's outfit is really cool!

Mikael Gabriel and nublu seem to have ditched the space theme entirely. Hope they splurged and bring a staging that is really elaborate and fun like Teflon Brothers or Käärijä.

heke1988

YLE's UMK page has better quality of those clips:

mauve

Veteran
Even though the level of this UMK is not as high as the previous years, the snippets look like fun - I am looking forward to it!!!

Top Bottom