Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

Milos-BC

This group will be such a mess until the end. Saudi Arabia played another great match but Poland was definitely the better team in the end. Glad to see Lewandowski breaking the curse, it was about time!

Realest

:dk: is not the Topfavourite I thought they were.

Milos-BC

Both :fr: and :dk: went into this match with the intention to not lose, but the first goal of :fr: made things much more exciting.

:fr: is definitely a top-class team still. They have solid chances to defend the title. But for me, :br: is still the biggest favorite and the best team in the championship.

ShoeFlo

:dk: is not the Topfavourite I thought they were.
they did well.. they were close to get a draw against the WC winner. Actually they had also two opportunities to take the lead when it was 1:1.
Obviously they are far from being a top favorite, but they are a dark horse and I think if they beat Australia they can also beat all potential opponents coming from Group D in Round of 16.

blue00eyes

I actually cried with Lewandowski, sadly it might be his last WC, he deserves to play as long as possible.

Now watching Arg - Mex, the group is such a drama, Argentina the hot favourite can be out in 30mins

Sad for Denmark but France played better

Zerocalcare

Today four more matches of the second day of the World Cup. Let's see how the ranking of the federations has changed:
  1. UEFA (=) 33 points out of 57 available (9 wins - 6 draws - 4 defeats / 30 goals scored and 12 conceded / + 18 goal difference).
  2. AFC (=): 13 points out of 27 available (4 wins - 1 draw - 5 defeats / 11 goals scored and 19 conceded / - 8 goal difference).
  3. COMNEBOL (=): 11 points out of 18 available (3 wins - 2 draws - 1 loss / 8 goals scored and 3 conceded / + 5 goal difference).
  4. CAF (=) 5 points out of 21 available (1 win - 2 draws - 4 defeats / 5 goals scored and 8 conceded / - 3 goal difference).
  5. CONCACAF (=): 3 points out of 18 available (0 wins - 3 draws - 3 defeats / 1 goal scored and 11 conceded / - 10 goal difference).
Zerocalcare's Opinions :geek::

Australia vs Tunisia: disappointing performance from Tunisia which showed that the draw with Denmark was just a coincidence. Only the heart is not enough, quality is needed. Abdi was the worst of a Tunisia that made Australia's players look like Futbol Bailado experts. The Tunisian public who followed their national team with love and great emphasis was enviable. The possible scenarios after this match are these: Tunisia, which is not yet mathematically eliminated, will have to play an excellent match against a satisfied France, by now qualified. The North Africans just have to hope that Australia doesn't win and that their goal difference is better than that of their opponents (there is a need to score more than one goal and not suffer from it). Australia on the other hand, after the slip against France, could succeed in the enterprise of passing the qualifying round but... They will have to beat a strong Denmark. It takes a lot of heart and courage to overcome the obstacle.

Poland vs Saudi Arabia = Very tough match where the teams fought hard. Hard game I've seen so far. However, as I predicted, Poland won thanks to its solidity mixed with quality xacademic Furthermore, the Poles can rejoice in a Lewandowski who has finally managed to break free (goal + assist). However, Saudi Arabia was excellent: dribbling, pressing, athleticism and determination. The Saudis pay for the missed penalty (which could have changed the game), the lack of champions like Lewandowski and Zielinski in the team and a defensive wall too thick to break. Qualification for the Saudis is still within reach but they will have to face a very hungry Mexico which after the defeat against Argentina has one foot out of the World Cup. Poland, on the other hand, has a great advantage for the next round but will have to face an Argentina that has a lot of quality and that seems to have woken up from its sleep. In this group, as I had already said in the previous message, goal difference will be very important here more than elsewhere.

France vs Denmark: little to say. France proved completely superior. Denmark wasn't brilliant and the defense wasn't iron but at the same time on the other side they never lost heart. In fact, the Danish goal is the result of determination :gimmefive: Once again, however, I notice that the strength of the French is their great offensive quality (the attack and midfield are excellent) but the defense is not at the same level (the goal is always conceded to the opponents). Offensive qualities are important but in football the one who is more solid in defense always wins. What will happen when France meet teams like Spain, Brazil and Argentina who put them under pressure? We wait. As Manzoni said in his famous poem "5 Maggio": "For posterity the arduous sentence".

Argentina vs Mexico: this was also a very tough match. Mexico hammered hard to stem Argentina's superior technical rate. A spell by Messi changed the course of events and finally Argentina seems to have awakened from its long sleep. I wish Argentina to have the usual quality of us Italians :it: in this World Cup: after the group stage of getting excited, growing and going to take this World Cup by force xmetal Vamooooossssss Argentina! Hermanos :ar: 🤝 :it: Mismo sangre! #LatinBloodRulesxheat

Looking at the associations, UEFA has made up some ground after yesterday's slide. Points earned and goal difference improved. First place never in question. Thanks to Australia's victory, the AFC maintains second place. I am very surprised by Asian football. Today, even though Saudi Arabia has lost, I am pleased to note that it is very competitive. Third place for COMNEBOL which is always a guarantee, a true contender for the world throne together with UEFA. Fourth place for the CAF maintained only thanks to the indecent matches of the CONCACAF. Let's see what the legendary Morocco xheyaxlove, Ghana and Cameroon will do in the next matches. CONCACAF continues to be disappointing. No wins and only one goal made make it the worst federation at the moment. USA, United States and Canada can do more. They are the light of this federation.

Zerocalcare's opinions end here. Now I have to leave you because there is a beautiful queen waiting for me. We Italians like football but... We prefer love more! 😍😄 See you tomorrow for new updates and non-politically correct opinions of your Zerocalcare xbeach

Looren

Veteran
they did well.. they were close to get a draw against the WC winner. Actually they had also two opportunities to take the lead when it was 1:1.
Obviously they are far from being a top favorite, but they are a dark horse and I think if they beat Australia they can also beat all potential opponents coming from Group D in Round of 16.

Also Denmark tend to slowly start a tournament and be very strong in knockout stages

ShoeFlo

tomorrow it's time again for my favorite pair of groups (E & F)

I cross my fingers for :jp: :ma: :ca: and ofc :de:

Crossing my fingers for both :jp: and :de: looks like a contradiction but eventually I support both teams in this World Cup and I hope for the maximum success for both teams.

I actually believe Japan will stumble. This is a completely different match than the one against Germany. They have to find solutions against a deep defense line (I suppose) and don't get a lot of spaces. Playing dominantly is not what they are used to do on World Cup stage and Costa Rica is still better than most of the sides Japan is facing in the Asian qualification campaigns. Also there are fluctuations in the performances of Japan's national team. One day they beat Ghana by 4-1 goals and four days later they lose to Tunisia by 0:3... one day they beat Australia and four days later draw with Vietnam... they also lost to Oman on home ground one year ago. I think the match is way more open than people think but ofc I hope Japan is gonna do their job.

I'd really really appreciate if Canada retrospectively reward theirselves for their courage and their attacking power after the unlucky defeat against Belgium. I'd be gutted if they are staying on zero points with performances like these

In the evening the probably most anticipated match auf group stage is taking place... I am confident we will play a solid match but I don't see us winning sadly. I wonder how much game control Spain grants us, cause we and Spain are probably the teams that love possession the most of all teams in the world. I just hope if we get eliminated tomorrow we gonna do so in an honorably way

mauve

Veteran
Today I will be rooting for Japan, Marocco, Canada and Germany (but we won't make it, Spain is too strong). For @Looren it must be a tough match between Belgium and Marocco, just as it was for me with Germany and Japan.
Good luck!

Milos-BC

:ar: has not impressed me so far, this match was won based on the individual quality of the players. Of course, things can get better and :ar: can raise, but so far it doesn't look like a team that is among the top contenders for the gold. We will see what the future matches will bring.

Looren

Veteran
Today I will be rooting for Japan, Marocco, Canada and Germany (but we won't make it, Spain is too strong). For @Looren it must be a tough match between Belgium and Marocco, just as it was for me with Germany and Japan.
Good luck!

Yeah indeed, I'll be supporting Morocco, but it'll be war in the house xD

12Pointsgoto.....

I am supporting Germany, Costa Rica, Morocco and Canada today. I really hope Germany can get through the group stages, so I am rooting for costa rica as well to eliminate japan. The Poland vs Saudi Arabia games was really close and both teams played well. I wish that Denmark will get through the qualifying round, and their match with australia will determine who passes.

LakZaNokte

If we lose from Canada, we really can just as well go home.

1st game was crap, let’s see how this goes.

Zerocalcare

If I had to support teams today I would hope for , :jp: xpray, :es:xcheer, :be:xcoffee and :hr:xkissto win. However, I want to make a consideration: the match against Costa Rica is not easy for Japan. The game of Central Americans winks at the way of understanding football in South America. I am a tough opponent who risks being eliminated and therefore will fight with all his strength. Spain's victory over this Costa Rica that we are seeing today makes us understand how dangerous Spain is. I repeat, in addition to having strong players, Spain is the only one that has a game identity, has a unique and non-copyable method. Spain will be a tough opponent for everyone. You will see how Brazil will come out with broken bones against them xpunishxup

Top Bottom