Contact us

FIFA World Cup 2022

Looren

Veteran
The :de: team for :qa: has been announced.

Goal:

Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich)
Marc-André ter Stegen (Barcelona)
Kevin Trapp (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Defence:

Armel Bella-Kotchap (FC Southampton)
Matthias Ginter (SC Freiburg)
Thilo Kehrer (West Ham United)
Christian Günter (SC Freiburg)
Lukas Klostermann (RB Leipzig)
David Raum (RB Leipzig)
Antonio Rüdiger (FC Chelsea)
Nico Schlotterbeck (Borussia Dortmund)
Niklas Süle (Borussia Dortmund9

Midfield/Forward:

Leon Goretzka (Bayern Munich)
Serge Gnabry (Bayern Munich)
Ilkay Gündoğan (Manchester City)
Kai Havertz (FC Chelsea)
Jonas Hofmann (Borussia Mönchengladbach)
Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich)
Thomas Müller (Bayern Munich)
Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich)
Leroy Sané (Bayern Munich)
Julian Brandt (Borussia Dortmund)
Niclas Füllkrug (Werder Bremen)
Youssoufa Moukoko (Borussia Dortmund)
Mario Götze (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Karim Adeyemi (Borussia Dortmund)

Mario Götze is coming back after almost five years, Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund) is once again missing a major tournament due to an injury and Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund) also has to watch the Worldcup at home.

Am surprised by Hummels missing, he seemed quite in form tbh

Looren

Veteran
Moroccan list :

FhMur1rWYAIqGqG

Nice list, disappointed by Munir El Haddadi missing tho

Hamed-Allah is back 😍

ShoeFlo

Some thoughts on the German squad...

I am disappointed about Hummels not being called up. In this season he is the most solid Dortmund defender and he could help the team as an experienced leader. He would play alongside Rüdiger in the central defense if I had to decide... Now I am worried about our defense. I don't trust Schlotterbeck atm

and why the heck is Adeyemi there? He didn't do shit in this season... not even an assist or a goal for Dortmund. Then again he is easily one of the quickest players in the squad... maybe Flick want to compensate for the absence of Werner in terms of pace

I am happy to see our WC2014 hero Mario Götze back in the squad. I am also excited to see Moukoko in the german jersey. He is currently on of the greatest talents and he is definitely a rising star. Love his dribbiling skills

But most importantly I am deeply satisfied to see Füllkrug get a nomination. He had such a awful history of injuries...

u0H5b0c.png

as you can see he was injured almost the whole 2019 and first half of 2020... many fans here lost belief in him and his body.
and then, in 2021 he was finally fit for a longer time, but he didn't have self-confidence. There was a lot of pressure on his shoulders because we played second division and people expected him to be a key player who leads us back to Bundesliga. But he couldnt get along with the coach and didn't score a goal for the first eight matches... then however we got a new fantastic coach (just because our former coach faked his vaccination passport and got caught lol) who knows how to handle Füllkrug... and he decided to pair him up with another great striker named Marvin Ducksch and they started to harmonize very well and became the most dangerous striker duet in the league.

Now, only one year after Füllkrug was a second division flop, he is national player... damn, football is such a fast-changing business

Looren

Veteran
@ShoeFlo

As you mentioned injuries, Marco Reus is once again missing a major tournament. He is really the most unlucky person when it comes to the national team. This was really his last chance to play at a World cup.

Feeling very bad for him, his only World Cup was 2018 then :(

Zeus

Portugal is so stacked with good creative midfielders and attackers these days. It's funny that what they lack the most in terms of depth are good centerbacks.

There biggest problem might turn out to be Ronaldo. But yeah, balls of steel if you're going to bench him for his national team..

mauve

Veteran
I can agree with most of the players Flick is going to take to the WC. But why is Lukas Klostermann coming? Wasn't he injured most of the time as well? Did he play this season? This is actually the biggest questionmark to me ...

ESC94

I can agree with most of the players Flick is going to take to the WC. But why is Lukas Klostermann coming? Wasn't he injured most of the time as well? Did he play this season? This is actually the biggest questionmark to me ...

Many fans are also not happy with Adeyemi and say he only benefited of Werners injury.

ESC94

As a Bayern fan am obviously happy for De Ligt yeah haha;)

My current soccer crush is Kieffer Moore from Wales xheat

Matthijs is currently next to Goretzka my favourite player from Bayern Munich. A very likable person who also learned to speak German very quickly.

And he´s also really hot. xheat

Can´t write in here what I did when looking at those pictures.;)

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

I didn't realize before how many Serbians are playing in the Serie A... and wow, nearly all of them are starters in their clubs! This squad is terrific, at least the top players... there are some weak spots in the depth though.
I am happy for Milos Veljkovic. He was starter in the last couple of matches so I hope he will be on the pitch in Qatar, too. xpray

Looren

Veteran
FhSqitzX0AAhtan

I didn't realize before how many Serbians are playing in the Serie A... and wow, nearly all of them are starters in their clubs! This squad is terrific, at least the top players... there are some weak spots in the depth though.
I am happy for Milos Veljkovic. He was starter in the last couple of matches so I hope he will be on the pitch in Qatar, too. xpray

Yes Serbia is dangerous, that group is really hard, Brazil, Serbia, Swiss and Cameroon are all good teams

Looren

Veteran
New lists :

Hard to judge Qatar and Saudi Arabia since all their players play in their own league and I don't follow these leagues much

South Korea has some qualities, but it's hard for me to see them being able to challenge Portugal and Uruguay in their group

ShoeFlo

Saudi-Arabia tries a lot to get competitive... they rely on chemistry by nominating 13 players of Al-Hilal which know each other very well... most players will be on the pitch. This is going to be an advantage. Also, the national team is already together for quite some weeks in training camps and playing friendlies.
However... whatever the try, they just can't score goals. They played North Macedonia, Albania and Iceland national teams which consisted only of domestic players (and the leagues in North Macedonia, Albania and Iceland are quite shite) and they scored only one goal in each of the matches... then two days ago they draw 1:1 with Panama
There is a flicker of hope: they managed to play 0:0 against both USA and Ecuador a month ago.. so if they only focus on defending, it can work out for them. So maybe they can be the pain in the ass for Poland or Mexico

No opinion on Qatar but just like Saudi Arabia they rely on chemistry with many many plays of Al-Sadd. Qatars international results have been a little better. They beat Panama and Honduras and draw with Chile

South Korea's squad improved a lot lately... especially the developement of Kim Min-Jae is phenomenal.. the defense was always they weak spot so I am glad for them they've got a defender now who can compete on high international level. Other than that, they still don't have a really good striker so I guess it is up to Son to score the goals.

Top Bottom