Contact us

Eurovision Team Cup - Which is the best country in Eurovision? FINALS - ddl: 29/9 @ 20 CET!

Schlagerman1

Hey everyone, I thought it was about time we do a new game on the forum, this one is calle Eurovision Team Cup! I have selected the 10 best ranked songs from each country in Eurovision which will help their country to go all the way to the final of this tournament built competition. 48 teams will compete in eight groups of six countries and the top 4 in each group will qualify to the next round. The rules are simple, you vote for your fave in each match and the one with the best scores in the group qualifies. 47 of these are countries that has at least 10 songs competed in ESC (except for Czech Republic, which I allowed to reuse two of their songs to make the groups even), while one team is called MASA, for the four teams that hadn't 10 countries, those are Morocco, Andorra, Slovakia and Australia. In their case, I have chosen the one song from Morocco, and the three best songs from each of the other three ones. When it comes to the two songs from Serbia & Montenegro, those has been divided to their later independent parts.

We will begin with the group stage, where I will have one group open for about three to four days at a time. The groups has been put together randomly, seeded only by the percentage of points they earned over all the years Eurovision excisted. Each team will have five rounds in the group stage, In the first round songs that were the countries tenth highest score, in the 2nd round, the nineth highest placement competes and so on. In the final rounds, it will be continue with the final being only the two best placed ones against each other.

Time for the playoff and the very last matches, which contains these match-ups:

Bronze Medal Match:
:fr: 1977 - ”L'Oiseau Et L'Enfant” Marie Myriam vs :ee: 2001 - ”Everybody” Tanel Padar & Dave Benton

The Final:
:bg: 2017 - ”Beautiful Mess” Kristian Kostov vs :ua: 2016 - ”1944” Jamala

Vote for your favorite in each semi via pm to me before the end of the deadline, which is Sunday the 29th of September @ 20 CET.
Rank all three songs in both semifinals. The first ranked one will count as your vote, but if a semi ends in a tie, your 2nd placed songs will be counted as well!

There you have it, let's start this competition shall we! :mrgreen:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Re: Eurovision Team Cup - Which is the best country in Eurovision? GROUP A ddl: 15/8 21 CET!

Voted. Easy tbh. Only one match I had to listen to both songs in order to decide

tuorem

Re: Eurovision Team Cup - Which is the best country in Eurovision? GROUP A ddl: 15/8 21 CET!

Nice to see you back for another game dear [MENTION=4395]Schlagerman1[/MENTION] :)

May I ask how you selected the ten best-ranked songs for each country? xthink Do you mean the ten songs that had the best results?

Schlagerman1

Nice to see you back for another game dear [MENTION=4395]Schlagerman1[/MENTION] :)

May I ask how you selected the ten best-ranked songs for each country? xthink Do you mean the ten songs that had the best results?

Yes, I have picked the ten songs with the best result, first in placement, then by point. So if two songs had the same placement, the one that got the most points qualified. :)

Alaska49

i love this format!!!! and i have voted!

DEAD that XXL is macedonia's sixth best result. DECEASED. iconic queens. sadly that meant i couldn't vote for hot eyes either time because i stan 100% te ljubam AND halley :( pahr hot eyes

BorisBubbles

Veteran

the best country is Estonia but sure i'll vote.

Schlagerman1

Got 6 voters so far with about a day left to vote! Hurry up and get your votes counted! :D

tuorem

Voted! :mrgreen:

Most matches were fairly easy for me, even though some duels surprisingly won't disappoint me regardless of the outcome.

I can't wait for San Marino's turn to see Serhat, Serhat, Valentina Monetta, Valentina Monetta, Valentina Monetta and Valentina Monetta & Jimmie Wilson make it to the next stage and achieve a Grand Slam.

Schlagerman1

I need to cut the deadline short by an hour, so it looks like we will end on 7 voters in this group! :D Results to be revealed in a bit.

Schlagerman1

So here are the results for the 15 matches in Group A:

Round 1:
Albania 2006‎ 3 - 4 Azerbaijan 2016
Denmark 2011 0 - 7 Moldova 2010
North Macedonia 2008 3 - 4 Turkey 2000

Round 2:
Albania 2015 6 - 1 Moldova 2006
Azerbaijan 2017 6 - 1 North Macedonia 1998
Denmark 1984 5 - 2 Turkey 1986

Round 3:
Albania 2009 5 - 2 Denmark 2010
Azerbaijan 2015 5 - 2 Turkey 2012
Moldova 2009 5 - 2 North Macedonia 2002

Round 4:
North Macedonia 2004 6 - 1 Albania 2008
Azerbaijan 2008 4 - 3 Denmark 1957
Turkey 2008 7 - 0 Moldova 2011

Round 5:
Turkey 2007 2 - 5 Albania 2019
Moldova 2013 6 - 1 Azerbaijan 2019
Denmark 1988 1 - 6 North Macedonia 2000

Group results:
1. :az: +7 12p
2. :al: +5 9p
3. :md: +4 9p
4. :mk: +1 6p
-----------------------
5. :tr: -1 6p
6. :dk: -13 3p

That means that Azerbaijan, Albania, Moldova and North Macedonia qualifies to the play-off round. Turkey, just losing out on score difference, and Denmark are the two that gets eliminated. Group B will be up in a bit! :D

Schlagerman1

Re: Eurovision Team Cup - Which is the best country in Eurovision? GROUP B ddl: 18/8 21 CET!

Group B is now up! You have to sunday on you to vote! :D

Alaska49

Re: Eurovision Team Cup - Which is the best country in Eurovision? GROUP B ddl: 18/8 21 CET!

all of my votes except halley won, so i am not mad even if halley winning would make turkey advance lol

that round 5 in group B is the hardest vote i have ever seen. how can you make me choose between pokusaj and grande amore when i worship both? between waterfall and butterflies when i utterly despise both? between les jardins de monaco and without your love when both are just fine lol? that round i voted 100% strategically because feelings wouldn't let me make a choice.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

rip tamara and sheiquira sheiquirim :(

Alaska49

can i vote for none
okay i HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE keep the faith so it wasn't hard to vote for gente di mare per se, but i cannot listen to that song without the PTSD of remembering the fábio jr version, which i guess is the struggle of every brazilian eurovision fan

the first time i watched 1987 i got to italy and was immediately like "OHHHHHH MY GOD this FUCKING song" and died instantly

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

okay i HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE keep the faith so it wasn't hard to vote for gente di mare per se, but i cannot listen to that song without the PTSD of remembering the fábio jr version, which i guess is the struggle of every brazilian eurovision fan

the first time i watched 1987 i got to italy and was immediately like "OHHHHHH MY GOD this FUCKING song" and died instantly

sis you must really hate keep the faith

umberto tozzi is really fond of creating original flop versions of brazilian cover hits such as xheart eva xheart

Alaska49

umberto tozzi is really fond of creating original flop versions of brazilian cover hits such as xheart eva xheart
i had no idea eva was a cover and you just shook my entire world view!!!!!!!!! umberto tozzi just wrote the whole brazilian songbook probably

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

i had no idea eva was a cover and you just shook my entire world view!!!!!!!!! umberto tozzi just wrote the whole brazilian songbook probably

i found out not too long ago

flop version

BorisBubbles

Veteran

Cast my votes :-)

Clinty

Petition to restart the whole thing with a seeding system like tennis.... or just restart and not have Hot Eyes and XXL go up against each other xcry

Top Bottom