19. United Kingdom (20)
20. Lithuania (17)
21. Estonia (9)
22. Finland (6)
23. France (4)
24. Germany (3)
25. Ireland (3)
26. Spain (2)

Top 5 still the same, though Ukraine would've taken over Azerbaijan. Belgium would've finished top 10, along with GOD HELP US Romania.

Italy would've finished much lower, and Spain dead last.

wittgenstein

I think the show was flawless - just some mess around the voting but it was no big deal. The show with Petra and the swedish mentality was epic (at least if you are from sweden.) I think its great that this show is not only about bragging and selling your countrys image to the rest of europe (although I understand this could also be away to sell a country - in a backward way...) It was a good balance to the not so successfull part with Darin and Agnes in the semi.

LalehForWD

I think the show was flawless - just some mess around the voting but it was no big deal. The show with Petra and the swedish mentality was epic (at least if you are from sweden.) I think its great that this show is not only about bragging and selling your countrys image to the rest of europe (although I understand this could also be away to sell a country - in a backward way...) It was a good balance to the not so successfull part with Darin and Agnes in the semi.

Agree, they were the most spectacular TV shows ever made in Sweden. Pity the forced voting part though. I think the story behind this will surface soon. I think Agnes was just fantastic, Darin good - OK. Loreen was brilliant as usual, but that was kind of expected.

blein

Also it looks like eurovision is loosing interests
Eurovision 2012 Final Thread 141 pages
Eurovision 2013 Final Thread 39 pages

94ayd

Why does Malta/Lithuania and few other countries(dont remember) each year instantly give Azerbaijan 12points?

Bought votes. In the last 4 years we've given them 1x10 and 2x12... :hu:, :cy: and more seem weird, too.

NemesisNick

Also it looks like eurovision is loosing interests
Eurovision 2012 Final Thread 141 pages
Eurovision 2013 Final Thread 39 pages
That's a poor metric to use. On the contrary, the ESC Final may be gaining interest. Perhaps people are focusing on watching the show more and not typing away on their netbook, laptop, tablet etc at the same time. You may have seen some of my typos last night, it was quite difficult watching the final on TV and typing comments here at the same time. My comments during the voting were few and far between as I was concentrating on the voting.

Terence

Exactly! I hosted a big party yesterday... so I had to take care of the food, guests, explanation of some weird presentation/facts, looking after the dog... no chance to log in here! :D

Odalis

Ok, now as I had time to digest the results I can say what I think.
First of all I have to say huge thanks to Sweden for this wonderful production, as an artist I evaluated the caterpillar video very highly, it was so sweet that I almost cried over this tough journey of a little fragile creature making it’s way from the mountains of Azerbaijan to the mountains of Sweden to become a beautiful butterfly that has only 24 hours to live and to bring joy, happiness and beauty to this world.

Thaaaaaank you!

Now let’s take a look at the participants:

1. France (23) – Poor Amandine was so nervous, I was biting my nails praying for her to hit all the right notes, she did! That is one awesome song but I didn’t really expect Europe to like it, it’s too specific. I hope Amandine won’t get too upset and keeps making great music, I’ll keep an eye on her. Poor placing, but expected.
  2. Lithuania (22) – I never liked a song, but Andrius is in a league of his own, very entertaining guy ) A place well deserved, I don’t think that type of song could climb higher.
  3. Moldova (11) – that’s an amazing song I liked right from the start and they did a great job with staging it. She choked a bit on the first chorus, but it’s ok, I guess nobody has even noticed that. An expected position, I didn’t think it’d be lower than 13-14.
  4. Finland (24) – well, Krista is fun but let’s face it – the song is trash so it was right from the beginning. Expected position.
  5. Spain (25) – poor Raquele! She was so shaky and nervous…The song deserves a better position but that insecure performance ruined it. Expected position.
  6. Belgium (12) – Roberto, Roberto…Nobody expected you to do well and I have to apologize – I didn’t expect you to do well either, this is a catchy pop song after all and the dancers did a great job to entertain the public, so did Roberto’s puppy scared eyes :D Great result, I cannot say it’s 100% deserved but nevertheless I’m happy for him.
  7. Estonia (20) – Birgit is the sweetest girl with charisma and sparkling eyes, but the song couldn’t climb higher. I wish her all the best and may she have an easy labor.
  8. Belarus (16) – A surprisingly good staging and Alyona finally showed some hip shaking in the Finals! A place well deserved, it was appealing to an average Eurovision viewer but it is a middle of the road song. Good results for Belarus, congrats.
  9. Malta (8) – Gianluca deserved this, period! Awesome catchy tune and a warm hearted guy. Congrats!
  10. Russia (5) – The song itself doesn’t deserve that respected position, but the staging was touchy and Dina gave her best, no wonder so many people liked it. Well done and expected. P.S: 4 points from Ukraine and none from Azerbaijan? Epic! :lol:
  11. Germany (21) – Muahahahahhahahahaahahahahahaha! Good good. Freaking great, I’m happy for this result, well deserved and predictable, say hello to Kati Wolf. WTF with singing a club song about how young and free we are and wearing a night glittery gown that makes you look square like a bed cabin? Is this what young and free wear these days? Gee.
  12. Armenia (18) – An expected position. I like the song and I’m happy that Armenia did decently.
  13. The Netherlands (9) – Thanks to Eurovision I have all Anouk albums and I’m enjoying them a LOT. She is amazing and this is a really amazing result for the country. Congratulations!
  14. Romania (13) – I have only one word to say…HOW?
  15. UK (19) – Well, this was expected as well. I have nothing more to say unfortunately, cause it didn’t make any impression.
  16. Sweden (14) – Honestly I thought Robin will do way better, but that performance was miles behind the NF’s performance staging wise (vocals were better here) so it’s a decent result.
  17. Hungary (10) – Yippie! I’m happy for Alex, that was so unexpected and pleasing. Congratulations!
  18. Denmark (1) – Well done and well deserved. I have nothing more to say, see ya in Denmark next year!
  19. Iceland (17) – He deserved a slightly better position, but again, this result was predictable.
  20. Azerbaijan (2) – Of course, the staging was amazing, but honestly, does this song deserve to be #2? Not in my book.
  21. Greece (6) – Guys, you are my winners-2013, when you were leading at the beginning these were the happiest moments of my life, but then the whole thing turned back to a predictable route. Ah well, I’m still happy for you! Nobody believed in you, eat that, OGAE! :D
  22. Ukraine (3) – If that places 3d even after the song was butchered and the staging ruined it all then I can say if they kept everything as it was in the NF Ukraine would place second or win the whole thing. Predictable and deserved, congrats.
  23. Italy (7) – As I said before, this had to chance of winning. Marco is hilarious, I was laughing at his facial expressions all the way through the song, It’s like every muscle in his face lives it’s own life and does what it wants when it wants :D I love this song and it placed where it should. Great results since the come back, Italy!
  24. Norway (4) – Very predictable and expected, great song, perfect staging and perfect Margaret. I just wish she had a stronger voice but it’s ok. Congrats!
  25. Georgia (15) – In. Your. Face. People don’t need fake plastic sterile stuff. I wish you placed lower.
  26. Ireland (26) – Poor Ryan…that was not deserved L Performing last is not better than performing first, fact. Georgia or Romania should have taken that respected position.

Everything was more or less predictable and expected this year, well maybe except for Ireland (should have placed a bit higher) and Romania (should not have made it to the Finals at all).

“Odalis Fashion Police - 2013” :D

I.WANT.THAT.DRESS. “Style Healers” Category:

Aha, so you DO know how to dress, huh?

GUYS KNOW HOW TO DRESS TOO. “Style Healers” Category:

TAKE.THAT.OFF “Style Butchers” Category:

This is what you actually wore:

This is what you were wearing at the rehearsal:

So again, you DO know what looks good on you, what's the matter?

“Style Queen - 2013”:

“Style King - 2013”:

P.S: Serbia, how dare you! I don’t love you anymore! Pack your **** and get out of #2 position on my all-time favorite ESC countries! It’s over, it’s not about me, it’s about you! First you chose this crappy “Ljubav Je Svuda” song, I thought ah well ok, everybody makes mistakes, you were too good in the past so I forgave you…Then you give zero points to Greece?? What’s the matter? Don’t you love me anymore? Now go away and think about what you’ve done, you have an year to make me believe you again! :twisted:

Odalis

First of all I have to say huge thanks to Sweden for this wonderful production, as an artist I evaluated the caterpillar video very highly, it was so sweet that I almost cried over this tough journey of a little fragile creature making it’s way from the mountains of Azerbaijan to the mountains of Sweden to become a beautiful butterfly that has only 24 hours to live and to bring joy, happiness and beauty to this world.

Thaaaaaank you!

1. France (23) – Poor Amandine was so nervous, I was biting my nails praying for her to hit all the right notes, she did! That is one awesome song but I didn’t really expect Europe to like it, it’s too specific. I hope Amandine won’t get too upset and keeps making great music, I’ll keep an eye on her. Poor placing, but expected.
  2. Lithuania (22) – I never liked a song, but Andrius is in a league of his own, very entertaining guy ) A place well deserved, I don’t think that type of song could climb higher.
  3. Moldova (11) – that’s an amazing song I liked right from the start and they did a great job with staging it. She choked a bit on the first chorus, but it’s ok, I guess nobody has even noticed that. An expected position, I didn’t think it’d be lower than 13-14.
  4. Finland (24) – well, Krista is fun but let’s face it – the song is trash so it was right from the beginning. Expected position.
  5. Spain (25) – poor Raquele! She was so shaky and nervous…The song deserves a better position but that insecure performance ruined it. Expected position.
  6. Belgium (12) – Roberto, Roberto…Nobody expected you to do well and I have to apologize – I didn’t expect you to do well either, this is a catchy pop song after all and the dancers did a great job to entertain the public, so did Roberto’s puppy scared eyes :D Great result, I cannot say it’s 100% deserved but nevertheless I’m happy for him.
  7. Estonia (20) – Birgit is the sweetest girl with charisma and sparkling eyes, but the song couldn’t climb higher. I wish her all the best and may she have an easy labor.
  8. Belarus (16) – A surprisingly good staging and Alyona finally showed some hip shaking in the Finals! A place well deserved, it was appealing to an average Eurovision viewer but it is a middle of the road song. Good results for Belarus, congrats.
  9. Malta (8) – Gianluca deserved this, period! Awesome catchy tune and a warm hearted guy. Congrats!
  10. Russia (5) – The song itself doesn’t deserve that respected position, but the staging was touchy and Dina gave her best, no wonder so many people liked it. Well done and expected. P.S: 4 points from Ukraine and none from Azerbaijan? Epic! :lol:
  11. Germany (21) – Muahahahahhahahahaahahahahahaha! Good good. Freaking great, I’m happy for this result, well deserved and predictable, say hello to Kati Wolf. WTF with singing a club song about how young and free we are and wearing a night glittery gown that makes you look square like a bed cabin? Is this what young and free wear these days? Gee.
  12. Armenia (18) – An expected position. I like the song and I’m happy that Armenia did decently.
  13. The Netherlands (9) – Thanks to Eurovision I have all Anouk albums and I’m enjoying them a LOT. She is amazing and this is a really amazing result for the country. Congratulations!
  14. Romania (13) – I have only one word to say…HOW?
  15. UK (19) – Well, this was expected as well. I have nothing more to say unfortunately, cause it didn’t make any impression.
  16. Sweden (14) – Honestly I thought Robin will do way better, but that performance was miles behind the NF’s performance staging wise (vocals were better here) so it’s a decent result.
  17. Hungary (10) – Yippie! I’m happy for Alex, that was so unexpected and pleasing. Congratulations!
  18. Denmark (1) – Well done and well deserved. I have nothing more to say, see ya in Denmark next year!
  19. Iceland (17) – He deserved a slightly better position, but again, this result was predictable.
  20. Azerbaijan (2) – Of course, the staging was amazing, but honestly, does this song deserve to be #2? Not in my book.
  21. Greece (6) – Guys, you are my winners-2013, when you were leading at the beginning these were the happiest moments of my life, but then the whole thing turned back to a predictable route. Ah well, I’m still happy for you! Nobody believed in you, eat that, OGAE! :D
  22. Ukraine (3) – If that places 3d even after the song was butchered and the staging ruined it all then I can say if they kept everything as it was in the NF Ukraine would place second or win the whole thing. Predictable and deserved, congrats.
  23. Italy (7) – As I said before, this had no chance of winning. Marco is hilarious, I was laughing at his facial expressions all the way through the song, It’s like every muscle in his face lives it’s own life and does what it wants when it wants :D I love this song and it placed where it should. Great results since the come back, Italy!
  24. Norway (4) – Very predictable and expected, great song, perfect staging and perfect Margaret. I just wish she had a stronger voice but it’s ok. Congrats!
  25. Georgia (15) – In. Your. Face. People don’t need fake plastic sterile stuff. I wish you placed lower.
  26. Ireland (26) – Poor Ryan…that was not deserved L Performing last is not better than performing first, fact. Georgia or Romania should have taken that respected position.

Everything was more or less predictable and expected this year, well maybe except for Ireland (should have placed a bit higher) and Romania (should not have made it to the Finals at all).

“Odalis Fashion Police - 2013” :D

I.WANT.THAT.DRESS. “Style Healers” Category:

Aha, so you DO know how to dress, huh?

GUYS KNOW HOW TO DRESS TOO. “Style Healers” Category:

TAKE.THAT.OFF “Style Butchers” Category:

This is what you actually wore:

This is what you were wearing at the rehearsal:

So again, you DO know what looks good on you, what's the matter?

“Style Queen - 2013”:

“Style King - 2013”:

P.S: Serbia, how dare you! I don’t love you anymore! Pack your **** and get out of #2 position on my all-time favorite ESC countries list! It’s over, it’s not about me, it’s about you! First you chose this crappy “Ljubav Je Svuda” song, I thought ah well ok, everybody makes mistakes, you were too good in the past so I forgave you…Then you give zero points to Greece?? What’s the matter? Don’t you love me anymore? Now go away and think about what you’ve done, you have an year to make me believe you again! :twisted:

wittgenstein

I think the Carola-moment we're the greatest seconds in eurovision history. I'm so surprised she accepted to be blown away like that.

Odalis

I think the Carola-moment we're the greatest seconds in eurovision history. I'm so surprised she accepted to be blown away like that.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention funny moments on the show, Carola was amazing and she obviously has sense of humor and self-irony :)

Linda Woodruff made my week as well, especially i loved "Why can't Cyprus win Eurovision??" :lol:, the royal family house where Frida, Agness, Bjorn and Benny live and the royal armory, "Voulez Vous"...aha...aha, "Denmark??? "Turn arooound..." Turn it off!" :D The australian family that is watching Eurovision at 5 AM and swedish musical were quite epic.

Thank you, Sara and Petra, you were amazing. But it takes more than that to beat Anke as a host)

P.S: this year confirmed: it was Loreen who won the Eurovision, not "Euphoria". She'd win with any song, she has an international super-star potential and an unique voice.

Margerita86

It feels so typical that the electrical adapter to my computer had to have a breakdown the evening before the final...

Oh well a big congratulations to Denmark for winning this year. A just as big congratulation to ByeAlex for placing 10th in the final as well.
Romania did better than most expected with their 13th placement.
Azerbadjan got a high placement more due to their show than the song.

LalehForWD

Thaaaaaank you!

:twisted:

Great review!! xcheerxcheer Agreed with every word ... almost :D

LalehForWD

Yes she has so beautiful freestyle skiing, like she is dancing! xheart And she is fast, one of the fastest actually. She made a video about her skiing available on the internet. :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Back in the US of A. The two weeks in Malmo were amazing though I am having a major jetlag. I'm catching up on this and will be writing more. Hopefully everybody enjoyed the Final show. I'm not a big fan of the Danish song so it was a disappointment to me but that's who Europe has chosen and at least I'll get to go to a city next year I'm quite familiar with.

I learned so much about the behind the scenes stuff and made so many new friends. I even met a few forum members (or former) so it was all worth it. HOpefully some of you will be in Copenhagen next year....

Top Bottom