Contact us

Eurovision song contest 2010 - Second semi-final DISCUSSION

Samb

What's up with her left eyebrow?

Margerita86

KilledByShoes said:
Thank god! I began wondering what's wrong with me not to notice anything special in it, heh. Also, what's up with that outfit?
No idea, never watched the performance I listened to it instead :lol:

KilledByShoes

Margerita86 said:
KilledByShoes said:
Thank god! I began wondering what's wrong with me not to notice anything special in it, heh. Also, what's up with that outfit?
No idea, never watched the performance I listened to it instead :lol:
Well, what can I say, you're not missing anything. :mrgreen:

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Just like in the first semi, I liked 5 songs ( -tr , -bg , -ro , -am and -ua - in that order), and also just like in the first semi, 4 of my favorites qualified for the final. Too bad about Bulgaria, but I wasn't really surprised. And I was also really happy about The Netherlands not qualifying, because I'm a huge fan of Dutch music (trance, hardstyle and hardcore mainly), and the Dutch always send really crappy music to ESC. Words can't describe how disappointed I am about that. Also quite happy about Sweden not qualifying, because with one exception last year, they've sent really boring songs the last 10 years, and for some weird reason, they always qualify. But not this year, so MAYBE they will choose something a little more interesting next year. And the fact that Denmark qualified with a song that the Swedish jury didn't like (altho also a boring song), while Sweden failed, was hilarious. So overall, I'm really happy, I got 8 of my 10 favorites from the semis to the final, and the songs I didn't want to qualify from this semi, didn't qualify. :D

Sim

Morty said:
Just like in the first semi, I liked 5 songs ( -tr , -bg , -ro , -am and -ua - in that order), and also just like in the first semi, 4 of my favorites qualified for the final. Too bad about Bulgaria, but I wasn't really surprised. And I was also really happy about The Netherlands not qualifying, because I'm a huge fan of Dutch music (trance, hardstyle and hardcore mainly), and the Dutch always send really crappy music to ESC. Words can't describe how disappointed I am about that. Also quite happy about Sweden not qualifying, because with one exception last year, they've sent really boring songs the last 10 years, and for some weird reason, they always qualify. But not this year, so MAYBE they will choose something a little more interesting next year. And the fact that Denmark qualified with a song that the Swedish jury didn't like (altho also a boring song), while Sweden failed, was hilarious. So overall, I'm really happy, I got 8 of my 10 favorites from the semis to the final, and the songs I didn't want to qualify from this semi, didn't qualify. :D

:lol: I don't see hardstyle working in esc :lol:
in belgium it's popular in teenagers but those don't watch esc

Deltage

Morty said:
And I was also really happy about The Netherlands not qualifying, because I'm a huge fan of Dutch music (trance, hardstyle and hardcore mainly), and the Dutch always send really crappy music to ESC. Words can't describe how disappointed I am about that.

LOL, that reminds me how I always thought that Caater (an Estonian trance project) should represent Estonia in Eurovision.

94ayd

Morty said:

Feel the same and LOL at that. :D :lol: I do maybe like half of the song but there have been some horrible or boring ones...

Morty

simmeke said:
Morty said:

:lol: I don't see hardstyle working in esc :lol:
in belgium it's popular in teenagers but those don't watch esc
Nah, me neither, but it was an example of Dutch music that I like. I don't see hardcore working in ESC either. But properly made trance could do pretty good, even tho I kinda doubt that the people who listen to A State of Trance or Trance Around The World regularly watches ESC. But even my mom like a few trance tracks, so you never know. :p

Deltage said:
Morty said:
And I was also really happy about The Netherlands not qualifying, because I'm a huge fan of Dutch music (trance, hardstyle and hardcore mainly), and the Dutch always send really crappy music to ESC. Words can't describe how disappointed I am about that.

LOL, that reminds me how I always thought that Caater (an Estonian trance project) should represent Estonia in Eurovision.
Caater xwoo

Deltage

Morty

Deltage said:
Morty said:
Caater xwoo

Have you heard of them?
I have actually, altho it's been quite a while since I listened to them. According to a song list I made (last updated in 2004, I started organizing my music a bit differently after that), I have 34 Caater songs spread on various MP3 CDs. So yeah, definitely heard about them. :D

Deltage

It's great then, it seems their attempt to reach out from Estonia has worked, LOL. I knew that they have released and promoted their music in quite many countries, but obviously I didn't know if anybody actually knew them there. They haven't released any new material since 2003/2004 though.

In fact when I think about it, they actually have a connection to Eurovision. Sven Lõhmus, who wrote last years Estonian entry and is the only Estonian (electronic) pop music producer I sort of like, wrote songs for their last album (their only songs that they didn't write themselves apart from some cover songs).

AislinnB1980

A bit sad Slovenia and the Netherlands didn't make it... they had pretty original songs (well performed also) this year.
Other than those I agreed with Cyprus, Ireland and Armenia qualifying, the others (that qualified) I didn't like at all.

Margerita86

Slovenia had a snowballs chance in hell to survive this semi regardless of how well they performed.

Kristi

01. Turkey (118 points)
02. Azerbaijan (113)
03. Georgia (106)
04. Romania (104)
05. Denmark (101)
06. Armenia (83)
07. Ukraine (77)
08. Israel (71)
09. Ireland (67)
10. Cyprus (67)
11. Sweden (62)
12. Lithuania (44)
13. Croatia (33)
14. The Netherlands (29)
15. Bulgaria (19)
16. Slovenia (6)
17. Switzerland (2)

DoctorX

Yaay i'm so happy. We won a semi final for the first time. Thank you all :D

94ayd

Israel & Cyprus were one of the worst, yay. Switzerland didn't deserve last but happy it wasn't Slovenia. Bulgaria's result is totally deserved. Happy for the Netherlands. :mrgreen: And Croatia's so underrated. :eek:

Top Bottom